Legendary Celeron 300A overclocked @ +700 MHz

I think I got the 300A's on my BP6 up to 500 or so, but that was a long time ago. Havent fired that rig up in quite some time though, and I am sure the battery is very dead now and all my settings are gone.

Nope. The butchered cache (down from 256KB 8 or 16 set associative to 128KB 4 set, IIRC) and lower FSB speeds took the wind out of the sails. An 800MHz Celeron was roughly equivalent to a Pentium III 450 or 500.

The Antec 300 has been God's gift in case design for me. It's been my go-to case for years and years because of it's simplicity and elegance.

As someone who used to own an 800MHz Celeron, I can vouch for this. They were shit. How I longed for a proper P3 or Athlon back then. Now I possess a KT133A/Athlon/Voodoo5 system that puts the POS I had back in 2001-2002 to shame so it's all good.

And I've also been using the Three Hundred since '08 myself. It's sad they're no longer made, but you can get lucky and find a NIB one on eBay every now and then.

Never saw this thread before, glad it got necro-posted so I could read it.:cool: Those were the days, makes me miss Abit, I really think their innovations contributed much to where overclocking is today.

I have a retro setup here that I keep as a spare. It's a Socket 370 Celeron 366 running on a low-end Asus board that will do 566.5 reliably (103 FSB) at stock voltage. Weird thing is the date code on the CPU is 2002 - found CPU on ebay. Hard to believe they were still making the Mendocino core that late. If I had a board with voltage adjustments it would be interesting to see how far this 366 could be pushed.....

That's the CPU that got me into overclocking. My friend had a celery 333 on an Abit that was running at 666 or maybe more, I know I saw the 666 and drank to that.

300a and a BH6, this began my love for Abit boards. I remember having to flash the bios to get higher voltages out of it in order to overclock. This combo got me out of my pa-2013/K6-2 300 and boy was it an upgrade.

Back