Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Trailer

Lifelite

Supreme [H]ardness

So anyone else losing their shit over this? I'm a huge Zelda fan and this game just looks absolutely amazing already. SOOOO stoked!

Game looks pretty good. Hopefully, the NX won't be another mid-life crisis console like the Wii U and will actually stand above what the PS4 and Xbone (and their future revisions) offer in terms of hardware.

I bought a Wii U just to play Xenoblade X so I might buy a NX to play this game.

I can only get so excited about last-gen (or worse) graphics on brand new Nintendo games.

But yeah, gameplay-wise it looks good.

Zelda: Breath of the Wild on Wii U and NX Will Be the Same

When asked if the Wii U and NX versions would deviate with regards to visuals or content, Aonuma replied that the game was the same on both platforms. "The users will be able to have the same experience with the NX version as they will with the Wii U version," he said, suggesting that they'll be equal in terms of visuals as well as gameplay.

Absolutely disgusting.

Not if the NX actually turns out to be a portable system w/ the power of the Wii U... Or maintains full Wii U backwards compatibility which would mean you have a system that has four generations of software available. (NX, WiiU, Wii, Gamecube) Because if you have hardware WiiU backwards compatibility you have the hardware available to do the other three systems.

And frankly, the graphics the WiiU delivers is 'good enough' for the style of games Nintendo releases.

I bought a Wii U in anticipation of this game being released "soon", I think December 2014... They kept delaying it, then there are rumours if another console which will probably be released before the damb game even comes out.

Granted, I also wanted to play Mario cart but I haven't had much interest in the other games that have come out, so my system has been collecting dust for over a year...

I kind of hate Nintendo...

I bought a Wii U in anticipation of this game being released "soon", I think December 2014... They kept delaying it, then there are rumours if another console which will probably be released before the damb game even comes out.

Not rumor, Nintendo said right on the stage this Zelda is coming out on both Wii U and the NX. Reminds me what they did for Zelda: Twilight Princess, when they delayed the Gamecube version to release it on Wii.

when will zelda, link, and samus have a three-way... jesus help my 30 year old blue ballz...

Basically this looks like Nintendo's version of a sandbox game skinned with Zelda. I actually don't really prefer that for this type of game. But we'll see. Everything has to be open world sandbox these days...

Basically this looks like Nintendo's version of a sandbox game skinned with Zelda. I actually don't really prefer that for this type of game. But we'll see. Everything has to be open world sandbox these days...

WRONG. The new Hatsune Miku Game on PS4 is not an open world sandbox game. Herp Derp, shows what you know.

Nope, sorry. Used to be a huge Nintendo and even HUGER Zelda fan. They have lost their way a long time ago, and if information on the next console is true, are surely headed towards doom.

Nope, sorry. Used to be a huge Nintendo and even HUGER Zelda fan. They have lost their way a long time ago, and if information on the next console is true, are surely headed towards doom.

Your loss. The Nintendo first party games even today have some of the best game play on the market and from what we've seen of the new Zelda game it's going to be a blast.

Played the demo at e3. There is an open world component that is very much appreciated.

The world of hyrule feels so much more alive with the new environmental interqction which I think lends very well to a zelda game.

And it's so rewarding to beat up enemies using their own hands.

Atom: are you complaining about the game or the console?

Attachments

• 20160615_151003.jpg
    20160615_151003.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 32
I stood in line for 3 hours at E3 and played this game. Best game on both hall show floors for me this year!

just dont see the appeal. even has a former die hard zelda fan. its just too gimmicky it seems. My 8 year old will still love it tho and im sure I will enjoy watching her play.

just dont see the appeal. even has a former die hard zelda fan. its just too gimmicky it seems. My 8 year old will still love it tho and im sure I will enjoy watching her play.

Sounds more like you just grew up and became a responsible adult ;)
Every game is a gimmick. Every "new" thing probably has been done in something else previously. Honestly at e3, I didn't feel the need to be in line to play any of the games (swag notwithstanding).
But the mechanics are new to zelda and like always, judgement will be reserved until the full game is released... but I don't recall a bad main console zelda game?

Former die hard Zelda fan doesn't see the appeal of what is essentially a return to the principles of Zelda 1? Yeah, I'm doubting the "die hard" part.

Former die hard Zelda fan doesn't see the appeal of what is essentially a return to the principles of Zelda 1? Yeah, I'm doubting the "die hard" part.
shrug. Not impressed with the engine, or the gameplay. Not sure how it represents anything like zelda 1? my opinion, thats all.

This is a day 1 buy for me. Zelda is most of the reason I bought a WiiU in late 2014.

Have Nintendo for delaying it for so long

Call me crazy, but I just bought a Wii U last week. There are finally enough good games on it to convince me to justify the cost of the system (I bought refurb with 2 "free" games - brought the cost of the console to ~$190 after you take bundled games into account). The promise of this game coming to the Wii U pushed me over the edge. They say the experience will be the same across both consoles, which would be awesome (for me), but I have to believe there will be some incentive, maybe even a big one, to get it for the NX. Time will tell I suppose.

I'm impressed with the gameplay I'm seeing so far. It seems Nintendo is doing well with the extra time they've taken by pushing the release date back. I really like the open world - a lot. It feels to me like they're refocusing on what made Zelda 1, Link to the Past, and OOT great. I can't put my finger on what it is, but it just seems like they're back to the great adventure that Zelda should be. I've been put off by the last few, either due to my taste in graphics choices, motion controls, etc etc. The survival thing kind of feels like they're jumping on the bandwagon set forth by Tomb Raider a bit - that may be my least favorite aspect, but it could play a role in emphasizing the epic nature of the title (and I mean that in a very literal sense).

Really looking forward to this one.

I'll be getting an NX for this. Hopefully that system doesn't have another stupid gimmick

Back