Legend of Grimrock

Whoa that was exhilarating. Can't wait to open those doors in eyefinity. It will feel like I'm right there, opening doors in real life.

Looks strange to say the least. Can't say I get the game-play style.

Wow! Blast from the past, this looks awesome! Reminds me of Kings Field.

I can't wait to get this for my iPad. I love those old school dungeon crawlers

It looks like someone took a dungeon crawler from the 90's and updated the graphics... nty.

There's a reason why no one makes this type of game any more; RPGs are superior in every way.

Looks awesome. Can't wait until it comes out. I'm not sure if I would enjoy it more with free movement vs. the tile based movement, but I see where they are coming from and it should be good either way.

it gives a nostalgia feeling but those type of game isnt as fun anymore

it gives a nostalgia feeling but those type of game isnt as fun anymore

60k views in less than 2 days says it might just be a genre people have interest in.

I'd be willing to bet this will sell very well on iPad.

Reminds me a lot of Stonekeep. I never played any of the others mentioned here though.

dinobots-grimlock.jpg

Grimlock no like Decepticons!!! :mad:

I understand the nostalgia and I could see myself enjoying this game, even though I didn't really play some of the older ones, but...

Are there going to be interesting and varied environments?

Is there going to be any sort of story?

Or is it more of a Dungeons of Dredmor type thing? The gameplay itself looks cool but nothing that could sustain my interest alone for that long.

This does look amazing. There is another game by Loadingames called Misfortune with this "eye of the beholder" look and feel, except the graphics are very different.
You can check it out at: http://www.loadingames.com

Why have I not heard of this? I want this so much, my brain is almost ready. I remember playing Wizardry 8 and I cheated at one point because I was really frustrated. I got to the end of the game and kept getting the same glitch, so I e-mailed Sirtech and was responded to by none other than Linda Currie! She asked me point blank if I had cheated, because that was the cause of my glitch. I'm sure she had heard the same dumb question over and over from dumb cheating tards like me but she was really patient and friendly. I miss that company.

AWESOME! This is an (slightly) upgraded Dungeon Master game! Down to the little Push-button brick button! I mean it looks identical LOL...!

Used to play it on my Atari ST ... a little while ago...

Ahhh, hope this lives up to the hype!

For the youngsters... this is based on one of the great all-time classics.

OK I am totally excited for this. Watching the trailer/gameplay footage reminded me of Swords and Serpents for the NES. I had a blast playing that game and other dungeon crawlers.

Reading the FAQ, this sold me on the game:

Will the game have an automap?
Yes. If you prefer to play without it, the game also has an “oldschool mode” that disables it.

What you youngin's know bout dis!

I can't wait to play this! Soon as I saw it, I thought of Electronic Boutique for some reason.

Meh, I'm in the crowd that thinks gaming moved forward for a reason :p I'm all for playing old games and often do waste time playing old games, but this genre I have no real interest in revisiting.

Meh, I'm in the crowd that thinks gaming moved forward for a reason :p I'm all for playing old games and often do waste time playing old games, but this genre I have no real interest in revisiting.

This is exactly why most of us read your name as "Turdz". :D

Ahh...brings back fond memories of staying up all night playing Eye of the Beholder.

Keeping an eye on this one.

I'm about to pre-order this I think. Just get it direct from their site. They give you the Steam key, plus it's only $11.99.

I've never really played a dungeon crawler, unless you consider the old Doom RPG phone games to be dungeon crawlers, but this looks fantastic.

Old-school gamers get to revisit an old genre with modern visuals. Younger gamers get to experience a genre unlike anything they've played before. Seems like a win-win to me.

Old school Wizardry style. Mark me down as day one.

*edit* nvm

20hk0mp.jpg

n4w221.jpg

Last edited:
Back