left 4 dead studdering?

HRslammR

2[H]4U
so i've got left4dead (awesome, awesome game) but i've noticed that when playing anything having to do with multiplayer, i get some massive lag spikes and system hang ups, then it clears up. it's only during the early stages (like, starting point) of the campaigns. after a while it goes away and i don't see it again. is this just something to do with the game or is it my system?

i will usually get a short stutter in the first 3 seconds or so online , never really bothered me enough , always figured its just the server and loading up etc.

I was fine until the last patch or whatever when they made multi player normal mode only.

From that point on I have had studdering and my 2.6 dual core is pegged at 100% non stop.

I also get the hang ups at the start. Its sure not lag on the connection, and every now and then (tapering off as the level goes on until we safe house and reload) the hold ups get fewer and shorter usually.

Makes it so I dont play much anymore.

Try turning off Multicore support and see if that fixes it. Also are you using nvidia? if so what driver #.

I had that happen and maybe I'm wrong, but on my system it only happened when I set the EXE to High priority.

Seconding disabling multicore. Had same issues and I had to do that with the newer Nvidia drivers (180 and up). If you want to enable multicore rendering without stutter go back to 178.24.

Back