Left 4 Dead on 2 GHz unibody MacBook

tiuk

Weaksauce
Hi all. I recently purchased a unibody MacBook in November, and I have Windows XP SP3 installed with Boot Camp. I use it to play most Steam engine games (TF2, Portal, HL2, etc), and they run great. I know that L4D's requirements are a bit higher though, so I was wondering if anyone had any experience running it with this config. It's a bone stock 2 GHz MacBook with 2 GB of RAM. I've been planning to upgrade the RAM to 4 GB eventually, so if that would help it would be good to know.

Thanks!

I can try it tonight if no one else has before then.

Edit: Actually I'll be using Vista.

Very basic results but at default res (1280x800) I was getting mid-teen FPS on the No Mercy stage. I used these settings (which I think are recommended by the game -- a little high I'd say):
-2x AA
-4x Aniso
-Vsync On
-Shader: Very High
- Everything else on medium\

As with most Source games you can tailor the settings to what gives you the best look/peformance very easily though. L4D is definitely playable on a stock 2.0GHz unibody Macbook. I was able to get mid 30-40 FPS using everything on medium with 2x AA.

what FPS did you get for TF2? I really wanna play TF2 but i gotta turn in this laptop for a new one before i can.

I've played a lot of L4D on the road with the March 2008 MBP in my sig. If you can already play TF2, L4D should run just fine on your Macbook.

I've played a lot of L4D on the road with the March 2008 MBP in my sig. If you can already play TF2, L4D should run just fine on your Macbook.

Then again the 9400 in the new MB's are 55% as fast as your 8600GT (according to Apple themselves).

Thanks guys, good to know it'll run. Now I just have to decide if I can justify a PC copy when I already have it for 360.

Back