Left 4 Dead - "3000% increase in sales"

maybe they'll realize that outselling the original release means that this is a better price range for the game....

and likely they will continue to sell for a premium regardless of statistics... greed almost always prevails.

I don't know if it's the influx of new players, but it's impossible to get past one round of versus without someone rage-quitting. I usually play with my friends on one team and we started 4 different games. All 4 times we played survivors first and managed to either get some or all survivors to the safe room. Right after the round ends, we'll see like 2-3 players on the opposite team leave. WTF?

I don't know if it's the influx of new players, but it's impossible to get past one round of versus without someone rage-quitting. I usually play with my friends on one team and we started 4 different games. All 4 times we played survivors first and managed to either get some or all survivors to the safe room. Right after the round ends, we'll see like 2-3 players on the opposite team leave. WTF?

Thats what happens when you open the floodgates to new users.

I helped, and I'm really happy I did! Since Cod4, I haven't found a game that I actually enjoy playing. I got bored with FO3, GTAIV, Half Life 2, and whatever else. I got bored with those quick. I ached myself to play them just because.

I'm very happy with L4D. The coop is a lot of fun and it's always fun to watch a zombie fly 5 feet back from a shotgun :)

i got bored of this shit game after a weeks use of play with it. absolute bore fest

and likely they will continue to sell for a premium regardless of statistics... greed almost always prevails.

it makes sense to do so though. you get a new influx of players and all of a sudden you have a new influx of word of mouth and exposure, and many cave in to buy it as a result.

I've found that adding it to my rotation of games (WoW, TF2, FO3, DoW2, L4D) has kept it fresh and not stale... I think that too many people (I'd speculate younger gamers) will overindulge in 1 particular game, burn through all the content, and then say that the game sucks because they are out of things to do. It's a symptom most often seen in MMORPG's, but I think it holds true with people saying they're bored of it already. Just my 2c for what it's worth.

[L]imey;1033764298 said:
I've found that adding it to my rotation of games (WoW, TF2, FO3, DoW2, L4D) has kept it fresh and not stale... I think that too many people (I'd speculate younger gamers) will overindulge in 1 particular game, burn through all the content, and then say that the game sucks because they are out of things to do. It's a symptom most often seen in MMORPG's, but I think it holds true with people saying they're bored of it already. Just my 2c for what it's worth.

Probably accurate to say that. I'm usually in the middle of 5 or more games at a time. It cures my gaming-ADD. Every once in a while a game will grab me enough to stop playing everything else until I finish it, but most of the time I just rotate through a few until I complete them one by one.

Because everyone wants to play infected only. ALWAYS happens :mad:

This should prove to developers that $49.99 is too steep for new games.

Back