Left 4 Dead - "3000% increase in sales"

I helped, and I'm really happy I did! Since Cod4, I haven't found a game that I actually enjoy playing. I got bored with FO3, GTAIV, Half Life 2, and whatever else. I got bored with those quick. I ached myself to play them just because.

I'm very happy with L4D. The coop is a lot of fun and it's always fun to watch a zombie fly 5 feet back from a shotgun :)

This game is pure fun. It may sometimes have suspect matchmaking but I never get tired of shoot zombies. And at a half price weekend special you'd have to be a girl not to buy this video game.

I for one am not surprised. I don't feel that Left4Dead was worth the initial $50 price tag it had.

$25 is about what I'd pay for it though. I get far more mileage out of games that cost a fraction of what L4D cost. That said, when I felt it was actually a good deal, I told my friends who were interested. At least 3 of them picked it up at this price.

As I said, I can't say I'm surprised.

I agree with Frozen. In its current state L4D just isn't worth the initial $45(preorder)-$50 price tag.

Only downside is the massive influx of new players.

And at a half price weekend special you'd have to be a girl not to buy this video game.

My wife even bought it during the sale to join my friends and I in zombie killing.. too bad she completely sucks at it though. She's more dangerous to us then the zombies.

My wife even bought it during the sale to join my friends and I in zombie killing.. too bad she completely sucks at it though. She's more dangerous to us then the zombies.

Hey man at least she plays....

i think this really proves that valves pricing is a bit too steep for what you get, they tend to release decent content but always in such tiny chunks, yet full price often gets charged, and in the UK the american prices are even worse

I have yet to meet someone that doesn't like Left 4 Dead. I actually know some people that have it on 360 and PC.

I have it on PC and I'm pretty happy with it... although I can't really play without my friends -- or at least some relatively normal people with mics.

I regret not getting L4D when it was $25 :(

just going to have to wait for when it's marked down again

maybe they'll realize that outselling the original release means that this is a better price range for the game....

I am so glad I bought it.

I love this game. Playing Versus is soo fun. 4v4.
The boomer and hunter are my favorite.

Jumping off the building and exploding on all 4 of my surviving friends is too damn funny.

Simply put, it is over priced at $50. People were waiting for it to come down in price to purchase it, me included. So far I love it, and really happy I bought it.

But I would have been a little bit mad if I bought it for $50. It is a very thin game to be charging so much for it. Obviously a lot of people agree. I would recommend everyone to buy it when it is on sale. It is an excellent game.

You know what this proves?
If producers would sell top shelf games at 25-30, they would see a huge increase of buyers, since it's more of an impulse buy than $60.

I bet they are scratching their heads wondering why they made so much money. My guess is because the price was low enough that a lot more people could afford it, but that cant be it since they returned the price back to normal.

It reminds me of that time they allowed people to try one of their games before buying, I think it was TF2, a lot of people found out that they liked the game so they bought it, they saw a huge increase in sales during that weekend. Couldnt have been the demo though because they took that away too, even though the sales plummeted after that.

Hmm, must have just been a fluke because otherwise theyd sell all their games at $25 and have demos of them for people to try.

L4D was/is an excellent value at $50 so its even better at $25. Valve supports their stuff so well that I have no problems paying full price for any of their stuff.

What I like best about Left 4 Dead, is that even though they were able to port it over to console, the game looks and plays like it was made for PC. The visuals are clean and polished and they implemented all of the right graphical features. And it runs like a charm.

I think the sales are well deserved. They made an awesome game and got it to market fast and in a timely fashion. The game needed patching when they launched it but we really needed something good to play when they launched it. The maps, I think, are as memorable as some of the old team fortress maps I used to play over and over--or some of the counterstrike maps that I used to play to death. I don't think the game suffers from lack of content and they are supplementing it.

It isn't a perfect game, but it is a heck of a lot of entertainment for the money, in my opinion. Even at full price.

I'm glad they are making a ton of money, especially on the PC version. It is good for the platform.

Tons of fun. Though I wish they would have had weapons stashed throughout abandoned homes and what not, and only one weapon available instead of just everything laying out for you to grab.

If more games were in the $25 range, Id buy more.

I bought it for $25 and I really like this game. What surprises me is the amount of little kids that play this game and use mics. It's mind bottling. Don't parents monitor what their kids play?

The sale managed to convince my friend to buy it... now I just wait until he plays well enough on expert.

Also there should be something against the people who join the game, kill everyone and leave. Like take note of people who kill everyone within first 5 mins of the game in a few seconds.

I bought it for $25 and I really like this game. What surprises me is the amount of little kids that play this game and use mics. It's mind bottling. Don't parents monitor what their kids play?

Weird, I've been playing nonstop since it came out and I've only run into about one or two kids talking on their mic.

You know what this proves?
If producers would sell top shelf games at 25-30, they would see a huge increase of buyers, since it's more of an impulse buy than $60.

Apparantly there may very well be something to that

I'm looking forward to not hearing over the mic: "Dude! What are you doing? Come over here!". Gotta learn these maps!

Go watch Blades of Glory.

It's "mind bottling"... its when your thoughts get trapped up, like in a bottle.

L4D doesn't give you a whole ton of content for $50 (4 co-op campaigns, only 2 of which can be used in versus) but the variability added by the AI director and the fact that the game is FUN make up for it.

Free DLC will only help the game's cause though. At a $30 price point L4D is an absolute steal.

This is so annoying. This is THE game I wanted when I got home from Iraq. I get back in the States 3 days ago, and missed this sale. Now I got to pay full price. :(

Back