Left 4 Dead 2 Tatics-Campaign and Versus

TeeJay88

Limp Gawd
After a serious game of versus(we mopped the floor with them), I decided it would be awesome if [H] members compiled a list of tatics for each other to use.

My favorite, which only costs the survivors 25 points, is to sit on the turret gun in the plantation finale, and keep a steady line of fire on the tank while the survivors go for the boat.

The key to L4D vs is to run as fast as possible. Nothing in the level is important, don't explore, don't take detours, just keep your team moving ESPECIALLY when you have killed all 4 infected. The only items you should be picking up on the ones on your path to the end of the level. Fast is the key to winning, they have less attempts to attack you, you take less damage because you're not dicking around, and it never gives the special infected a chance to plan against you. Running is the only strategy you need. It is a race.

I can actually agree.... the best teams just rush forward in a somewhat intelligent way...

still, awesomely fun, and very possible to take them out if you have a good team...

I can actually agree.... the best teams just rush forward in a somewhat intelligent way...

still, awesomely fun, and very possible to take them out if you have a good team...

You know he's kidding right? Unless you're playing on easy or something.

Seriously though you have to shoot your teammates always near the end so that when it comes time to jump on the boat/helicopter then all the horde are distracted. That's when you make your big finale.

Scavange Mode-Sit on top of the generator if possible when filling, and in dead center, camp with the spitter behind the jimmy gibbs poster on the highest level.

You know he's kidding right? Unless you're playing on easy or something.

Seriously though you have to shoot your teammates always near the end so that when it comes time to jump on the boat/helicopter then all the horde are distracted. That's when you make your big finale.

I'm not kidding at all unless they added advanced and expert VS modes back into L4D2. I have led many pub teams to victory in VS getting them to stick close and run. The less time it takes to get the end of level means less time you're being attacked and less special infected respawns. If all 4 infected are dead and you're not running your ass off you're an idiot period, there is nothing to stop you just a straight 30 seconds of glorious uninterrupted running. As long as you're in a group you're invincible, period. The only parts you really have to worry about are tanks in close quarters, smoker pull offs/instakills, and 25 damage hunter pounces. Hell I've made it to the end of levels running solo and getting lucky picking off hunters in the air. Also I'm talking purely VS. I've watched some CEVO L4D VS matches and the people I played with were amazed at how slow they move through the level. I mean shit, you need to find one Molotov for the tank weapons if necessary.

The key to L4D vs is to run as fast as possible. Nothing in the level is important, don't explore, don't take detours, just keep your team moving ESPECIALLY when you have killed all 4 infected. The only items you should be picking up on the ones on your path to the end of the level. Fast is the key to winning, they have less attempts to attack you, you take less damage because you're not dicking around, and it never gives the special infected a chance to plan against you. Running is the only strategy you need. It is a race.

Yep, basically it's pretty much impossible to incap all 4 of you if you stick together as a tight unit and keep moving, the moment you slow down you're just inviting more attacks.

Having said that vs is a dick about anyway, the scoring system is completely retarded, you either get 1000 points or you get about 20 points, there's hardly ever a middleground, simply because once 1 survivor is dead incapping the other 3 is usually a trivial task.

I dont like the balance in vs that much or the scoring, the only fun I find with it is with 8v8 matchs which is much more fun.

Yep, basically it's pretty much impossible to incap all 4 of you if you stick together as a tight unit and keep moving, the moment you slow down you're just inviting more attacks.

Having said that vs is a dick about anyway, the scoring system is completely retarded, you either get 1000 points or you get about 20 points, there's hardly ever a middleground, simply because once 1 survivor is dead incapping the other 3 is usually a trivial task.

I dont like the balance in vs that much or the scoring, the only fun I find with it is with 8v8 matchs which is much more fun.

The scoring system is different in L4D2. There is a middleground.

I'm not kidding at all unless they added advanced and expert VS modes back into L4D2. I have led many pub teams to victory in VS getting them to stick close and run. The less time it takes to get the end of level means less time you're being attacked and less special infected respawns. If all 4 infected are dead and you're not running your ass off you're an idiot period, there is nothing to stop you just a straight 30 seconds of glorious uninterrupted running. As long as you're in a group you're invincible, period. The only parts you really have to worry about are tanks in close quarters, smoker pull offs/instakills, and 25 damage hunter pounces. Hell I've made it to the end of levels running solo and getting lucky picking off hunters in the air. Also I'm talking purely VS. I've watched some CEVO L4D VS matches and the people I played with were amazed at how slow they move through the level. I mean shit, you need to find one Molotov for the tank weapons if necessary.

Oh you're talking about versus, I thought you meant campaign.

Yeah, speed is critical for the survivors. It's not just because the special infected have less time to respawn for multiple attacks.

When the survivors are moving quickly, the special infected still need to run to catch up in ghost mode, or even worse, they may have spawned behind the players and now have to chase after them in hopes of getting a chance to attack.

It's a huge PITA for the SI to form an organized attack on a fast-moving target, because they have to setup an attack point farther and farther ahead, and all the SI need to rush to that point and hope that all 4 can make it there before the survivors run right by. If the survivors DO arrive early, the SI may be forced to make an incomplete ambush, which will be easier for the survivors to defeat, plus it'll reset their respawn timers and force another ambush-free period of time.

Best way for infected to avoid this is to prioritize one survivor to slow that one down, forcing the group to either spend health items on him or slow down to wait for him.

Back