Left 4 Dead 2 is now FREE on Steam

If you signed up for L4D2 in this sale you do indeed have until 10:00 A.M. to install it. Steam says that if it isn't installed before this time there is no sale.

Last edited:
so people that had no interest in the game before now all of a sudden are interested because it's free?...it's been on sale for cheap multiple times so you would think all interested people would have bought it by now

so people that had no interest in the game before now all of a sudden are interested because it's free?...it's been on sale for cheap multiple times so you would think all interested people would have bought it by now

yes?

Now look out for hats in L4D 2 to make money!

nope. hate to burst the FUD bubble but no microtransactions in L4D2.

in other news I see the bottomfeeders at slickdeals already starting up the hate engines because this deal was time-limited and they missed out: "Valve just hates people with <insert excuse here -- jobs/families/kids/goats> and can't be in front of their computer all day to catch deals like these, screw Valve 4 real"

gotta love slickdeals, they're like the phytoplankton of the internet.

This should've been in the freebies sub-forum. Anyway, the deal has been Left 4 Dead. :p

If you signed up for L4D2 in this sale you do indeed have until 10:00 A.M. to install it. Steam says that if it isn't installed before this time there is no sale.

I just saw this and it reminded me that I forgot to install it. Went to my desktop and it's installing now.

Wow, that's a first, right? I guess I'll install it tonight when I get home.

Path of Exile (among many others) has been f2p so how come that game doesn't crush Steam's bandwidth?

I can't speak for everybody, but I always found L4D to be "unique". While L4D is of one of the best of its kind of game (zombie multiplayer FPS), path of exile is some game I never even heard of, until now (literally).

l4d2 (left for dead two) is on sale 50% off at $10 http://store.steampowered.com/app/550/?snr=1_7_7_151_150_1
One can easily spend a few hundred hours killing zombies or other players in the pvp maps.
Another decent game is Killing Floor 75% off at $5 http://store.steampowered.com/app/1250/
another game one can spend no small amount of time shooting and blowing stuf up.

Steam usually has 4 to 7 million users online, though most seem to prefer playing DOTA2
http://store.steampowered.com/app/570/
an "action, strategy' game, free to play.

Wow, it's a 9 GB download. :eek: I finished downloading it after McDork scared me that one had to install it right away and not just add L4D2 to one's account. I won't get around to playing it until Jan.

Oddly, I couldn't get the "install" to work until last night.
It downloaded 1% or so, and I just paused the download because I needed internet for other things.

Probably will finish downloading it sometime in January, if Steam doesn't remove it.

Back