Left 4 Dead 2 $25 @ Steam (50% off)

As much as I loved L4D, I really can't see myself buying this for more than $10.

As much as I loved L4D, I really can't see myself buying this for more than $10.

I tend to agree since I own both. This is a really great time for those who never played the original to hop in and play the second. Both games are f'in great but if you only played L4D2, you should be a happy otter.

L4D2 is so much better then the original. Scavenge mode alone is worth $25. Throw in that you get the campaigns, versus, and survival and its well worth the original price. I only game maybe four hours a week, but its been almost exclusively L4D2 since it came out.

Wow, that 4 pack is a crazy good deal if you like the game. For the record, we do allow Steam 4-pack group buys in the FS/FT forum now if you need a partner for one. Valve is about to release a DLC for it too, and the odds are very heavy that it's free for PC users.

Wow, that 4 pack is a crazy good deal if you like the game. For the record, we do allow Steam 4-pack group buys in the FS/FT forum now if you need a partner for one. Valve is about to release a DLC for it too, and the odds are very heavy that it's free for PC users.

Hope its free, but it seems a lot of stuff for free

L4D2 is a great great game. You need a mic if you play online though. Nothing like coordinating the perfect attack to take out all four survivors.

I have had for about 4 months and already put in 200 hours :eek:

Last edited:
Wow, I just read about the DLC plans for BOTH L4D games, and now I'm kicking myself because I traded in my copy of the first game since we never play it anymore online :[ I love that Valve updates an older game so it makes sense in the context of a new one.

so where can we plan a group buy? i might be interested in 2 copies.

you can make group buy threads in the FS/FT section. generally easier if someone just buys the whole pack and sells each copy.

Last edited:
Is this worth it if I bought the original during the $20/$25 sale they had? I liked it, but I didn't think it was worth more than $30. I've been waiting for the price to drop on L4D2 to consider picking it up, so...

buy or not?

Is this worth it if I bought the original during the $20/$25 sale they had? I liked it, but I didn't think it was worth more than $30. I've been waiting for the price to drop on L4D2 to consider picking it up, so...

buy or not?

Buy if you liked the first and have friend's who own the second and still play it. It is much more fun online with some buddies but I personally like the single player as well.

This is usually the hit of the LAN party after a couple of icy beverages. People yelling at eachother to watch the f out, stop f'in shooting me, holy f look at that tank.

L4D2 is so much better then the original. Scavenge mode alone is worth $25. Throw in that you get the campaigns, versus, and survival and its well worth the original price. I only game maybe four hours a week, but its been almost exclusively L4D2 since it came out.

I hear that a lot, but honestly I feel like I'm done with that sort of game play...

I think there was a boycott group about this or something.. :p

Don't think it worked.

I still haven't purchased it.

In for one. Was waiting for it to hit this price point. I didn't feel (and still don't, really, having played the demo) like it was worth $50, but for $25, sure.

I hear that a lot, but honestly I feel like I'm done with that sort of game play...

I still haven't purchased it.

Ya but you just said you're done with that gameplay. So not really a boycott. You're just bored with it. And that's why you don't buy it. Which is a legit reason.

Ya but you just said you're done with that gameplay. So not really a boycott. You're just bored with it. And that's why you don't buy it. Which is a legit reason.

At the time it came out I didn't buy it because of the "boycott." I was pissed at Valve for releasing a game in beta form and then updating it to what it should have been in the first place... Now I have BC2 to play and I don't see this game worth more than $10.

Guess I was a boycott of one.

When L4D2 was announce so soon, I felt that was a poor way to run a franchise. I walked away completely at that moment.

I've seen it close to this price before. And these lower prices came pretty soon for a supposedly successful game. Maybe it is successful short term, but discounted pricing is about trying to extend the life of a game that's falling off in interest.

I wonder why it's taken this long for the price to drop on Steam.

I bought it for $30 at LameStop the day after Thanksgiving, I got myself and a few friends some copies for Xmas

id definatley do a group buy!

i just organized one... was pretty simple.

there are PLENTY of ppl that PM'd looking for a buy in....

I got a copy for my brother from a very nice gentleman at overclock.net for $16 so that was nice.

I was waiting for a price drop on this game, as my friends and I refused to pay full price for this kind of game.
However now that we have waited so long, we have lost interest in playing L4D2, and we have all started playing BFBC2.

I spoke with a few friends, about possibly getting the some 4 pack deals, and they all said that they would not have the time to get into L4D2, given we are all into BFBC2 right now.

So even though this is a good deal, its a little too late.
My friends and I agree that this should have been the release day price, if it was we would have bought it then, at this point were all just going to wait till it drops down to $10 or so and maybe try it at the next steam boxing day sale.

i'd been waiting for it to drop in price a bit, so i ended up biting at $25.

re: the game itself-- does it feel really stiff to anyone else? the movement and stuff just feels weird to me. also, the sound seems wonky too. maybe it's just me.

Now I have BC2 to play and I don't see this game worth more than $10.

bingo.....3-4 months ago I would have been all over this for 25. now, with bfbc2 out, id consider 10...and even then I probably wouldnt really play it much, but for 10 - id say "what the hell why not?" haha...

sry valve.

So even though this is a good deal, its a little too late.
My friends and I agree that this should have been the release day price, if it was we would have bought it then, at this point were all just going to wait till it drops down to $10 or so and maybe try it at the next steam boxing day sale.

The game was 35$ on release day. (on steam with 4pack) I think 10$ is worth it instead of waiting 4 months.

The game was 35$ on release day. (on steam with 4pack) I think 10$ is worth it instead of waiting 4 months.
That's how I usually feel about it. It just wasn't worth $35 to me so shortly after buying L4D1 (I waited until that was 25 bucks).

Last edited:
I spoke with a few friends, about possibly getting the some 4 pack deals, and they all said that they would not have the time to get into L4D2, given we are all into BFBC2 right now.

You can't play more than one game at a time...? :confused:

gah, you guys expect a good game to be almost free within a year? Good luck. Sure, the game will drop to $10, in five years.

great game, was worth full price to me, if you like a good coop game, can't beat this for $25.

Back