LeEco Le Pro 3 goes official: Snapdragon 821, 6GB RAM, 4070 mAh battery for $299 (Update)

radeon962

[H]ard|Gawd
Sounds like outside US release currently with plans for the US possible down the road.

Should scare some of the other Chinese phone companies or at least keep their prices from creeping up (OnePlus).

the Le Pro 3 will start at 1799 Yuan ($270) in China for the 4 GB RAM / 32 GB storage model, which is identical to the 1999 Yuan ($299) 6 / 64 GB variant in every other regard. There's also a couple of special edition models with 4 GB RAM / 64 GB ROM for 2499 Yuan ($375) or 6 GB / 128 GB for 2999 Yuan ($450). These pricier models are said to include LeEco's video service bundles, but don't appear to be technically superior.

LeEco Le Pro 3 goes official: Snapdragon 821, 6GB RAM, 4070 mAh battery for $299 (Update)

It's still hard to consider still when you think about software (official and unofficial) and hardware support after the purchase, plus band support for whatever carrier you're on even if it comes to the US since I doubt it will support Verizon or Sprint. I would stay away from it for at least their first gen to see how their support is here before considering buying one.

I have an LeTV Super TV 55" and, if the software on the phone is anywhere near the level of quality on the TV, I wouldn't recommend it.

It's still hard to consider still when you think about software (official and unofficial) and hardware support after the purchase, plus band support for whatever carrier you're on even if it comes to the US since I doubt it will support Verizon or Sprint. I would stay away from it for at least their first gen to see how their support is here before considering buying one.

Yup. If you have to ask...there will probably be minimal community support.

And yea...the ZTE Axon 7 doesn't work on Sprint either last I heard.

The TV's display itself isn't bad. It's their stupid software on the TV not being very intuitive.

Yawn, another Chinese OEM who thinks they are the next big deal by selling loss-leader commodity hardware and OS with dubious software support, when Xiaomi has already tried the same "strategy" before and is already fading into obscurity, plus the market is much less saturated back then.

The hardest part is determining when these Chinese phones will fully support your carrier. Even some of the Umi phones are really interesting, but won't work

The hardest part is determining when these Chinese phones will fully support your carrier. Even some of the Umi phones are really interesting, but won't work

Depends on the carrier. Sprint for example has a published white list you can find with a Google search easily.

Of course, that BYOD whitelist is basically summarized as: Samsung, iPhone, and Google Nexuses.

Back