LED version of Zalman CNPS8000

Why don't they just make them all LED models with an on/off switch? I mean really, how much does an LED cost?

From the 2 reviews I read (don't recall where now .. but I think one was on silentpcreview) the 8000 is a step backwards for Zalman. More noise, less cooling. Also the fan is all but impossiable to replace.

Anywho, just a heads up for those looking at it. The 7000 is a quieter and better performing forebearer (and actually fits in a SFF easily).

Lazaredz said:
From the 2 reviews I read (don't recall where now .. but I think one was on silentpcreview) the 8000 is a step backwards for Zalman. More noise, less cooling. Also the fan is all but impossiable to replace.

Anywho, just a heads up for those looking at it. The 7000 is a quieter and better performing forebearer (and actually fits in a SFF easily).

The 7000 fits in SFF's? Would that include the newer shuttles? Or just the mATX cases?

I honestly don't know about the shuttles (they lost my interest 2 years ago) but my Aria fits it just fine (the 7000 only, the 7700 is too big)

Since most ATX mobos have the socket in the same place AND the Aria in very close proximity to the socket I would ASUME that most mATX cases would accept the 7000 (plus it allready has an LED version and just looks nicer than the 8000 IMHO)

Lazaredz said:
The 7000 is a quieter and better performing forebearer (and actually fits in a SFF easily).

Try the 7000 on an AM2 socket Athlon :-P
I do have the 7000 on my QPack build w/ the Asus A8N-CSM motherboard and I agree it works well. I honestly wish Zalman would just redesign a socket adapter for the 7000 so it works on AM2 sockets, but from what I gather on their Q&A forum, they think the 8000 handles the heat from dual core CPUs better so they're not doing the 7000/7700 AM2 adapters :-(

At any rate, the 8000 works on AM2 socket Athlons and is really the quietest AM2 cooler that fits SFF PCs (including the QPack and Microfly cases) that I know of...

sleepeeg3 said:
Why don't they just make them all LED models with an on/off switch? I mean really, how much does an LED cost?

I've wondered this as well... :-P

ugh the zalman fans with the leds one em are ugly. I forone could care less if they made one with or without an led. i only buy the zalman fans that dont have leds on them.

kenyee said:
Try the 7000 on an AM2 socket Athlon :-P
I do have the 7000 on my QPack build w/ the Asus A8N-CSM motherboard and I agree it works well. I honestly wish Zalman would just redesign a socket adapter for the 7000 so it works on AM2 sockets, but from what I gather on their Q&A forum, they think the 8000 handles the heat from dual core CPUs better so they're not doing the 7000/7700 AM2 adapters :-(

At any rate, the 8000 works on AM2 socket Athlons and is really the quietest AM2 cooler that fits SFF PCs (including the QPack and Microfly cases) that I know of...

Ahhhh ... didn't realize they didn't work on an AM2.

Odd that their own forums would contradict other REAL WORLD data .. then again, they are trying to sell ......

Anywho, that all being said, you got me on this one.

Back