Leaving Intel

Discussion in 'HardForum Tech News' started by FrgMstr, May 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maxius

maxius 2[H]4U

Best wishes to your son Kyle trust me when i understand an illness is a real trial for all involved! face it you were to [H]ard for intel as they should made reasonable accommodations for your situation. i was in companies (cellular wireless and mass media marketing) that had teleworkers all over the country and far away from any actual company site. these people always had to get their equipment shipped one day for me to diagnose and fix when the network/datacenter was not on fire. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
    FrgMstr and blkt like this.
  2. Rob94hawk

Rob94hawk 2[H]4U

Best wishes for your son & a speedy recovery.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
  3. OrangeKhrush

OrangeKhrush [H]ard|Gawd

It would be a good Coup for AMD to try accomodate a trusted member of the tech community, sure they may have had head to heads in the past but I think it was a different time and AMD seem to be moving the right direction. Having Kyle for input would be smart.

Dear Lisa

#Getkylenow64

Yours sincerely

4. gigaxtreme1

gigaxtreme1 2[H]4U

Austin is a short skip and jump you know.

blkt and FrgMstr like this.
  5. digitalwanderer

digitalwanderer Long Time No See

Sorry to hear about your son, glad he's recovering and hope it changes to "recovered" soon. I wish you and yours the very best unconditionally, if you need anything I can do I will do so gladly.

My daughter is graduating next Thurs, 4-5 years ago she was on suicide watch in a mental ward for over a week due to mental issues that turned out to be caused by a genetic mutation which medication is able to counteract and it's changed our lives and basically given her one. I can't say it was at all easy or fun getting here at times, but we're here somehow and she's happy and excited about going to college after graduating which I never, ever thought I'd see...but it took years of hell at times to get there.

Hang tough, y'all will get through it. Your son is lucky enough to have a father who doesn't hesitate to do the right thing, he's very fortunate.

6. Bawjaws

Bawjaws Limp Gawd

My thoughts are with you and your family, FrgMstr. I hope your son continues to recover and I wish all of you the best.

How do you know that Intel didn't make accommodations? Or what reasonable accommodations Kyle needed made, for that matter? If a major part of Kyle's job was going on the road to engage with enthusiasts, and spending time away from his kid was a problem, how do you suggest both parties resolved the situation? I don't want to have a go at you over what was probably a throwaway comment, but using this as an excuse for bashing Intel when you know fuck all about the situation seems like a dumb move.

7. Eshelmen

Eshelmen [H]ardness Supreme

Did they not have family leave as an option Kyle?

Best of luck to your boy, he and your family are in my prayers.

8. JosiahBradley

JosiahBradley [H]ard|Gawd

Not sure what to say but hope everything gets better. I'd be in for a Fuck Cancer [H] T-shirt for support.

Nobu, Nolan7689, iamjanco and 3 others like this.
  9. scojer

scojer 2[H]4U

Just yesterday I was going to ask for a two month check in. You checked out for the right reason, hope your son recovers to 11 buckets.

You also posted something about another family members a while back, if I recall correctly. Hope she's doing well too.

Manny Calavera, FrgMstr and blkt like this.
  10. erek

erek 2[H]4U

Hoping for the best for you, your son, and family

GoldenTiger, FrgMstr and blkt like this.
  11. iamjanco

iamjanco Limp Gawd

Really, really sorry to hear that Kyle; prayers for you and yours. If you need help with anything, we're here.

12. knowom

knowom Limp Gawd

Hopefully quantum computing will bring a better understanding of tough to tackle problems like cancer. Life throws curve balls keep swinging.

13. Marcdaddy

Marcdaddy 2[H]4U

Sadly I ran across this News on Kyles Twitter account, I hope all is good. Thoughts and prayers for your family.

14. joecop120

joecop120 [H]ard|Gawd

15. Ranulfo

Ranulfo [H]ard|Gawd

Thoughts and prayers for your son's speedy recovery and best wishes to you and your family, Kyle.

DrezKill, blkt and FrgMstr like this.
  16. stormy1

stormy1 [H]ard|Gawd

prayers outgoing

DrezKill, blkt and erek like this.
  17. mls1995

mls1995 2[H]4U

Hang in there. You’re doing the right thing.

Nicepants42, blkt, Grimlaking and 2 others like this.
  18. 1_rick

1_rick Limp Gawd

Sorry to hear this news, Kyle.

Hope your son recovers fully or at least stays in remission. An aunt of mine was diagnosed with leukemia in the 80s. She had to take chemo once a month but it kept her in remission for the rest of her life (she lived another 30 years or so, died of unrelated causes in her late 70s.)

19. Fremunaln

Fremunaln [H]Lite

As noob member of the [h] fams, im sorry to hear about your son; Family first as always, nothing comes closer or ever is more valuable!
    Hoping and praying for a speedy recovery!

20. Fixall

Fixall [H]ard|Gawd

Man, I had no idea. Just do whatever you gotta do to make things work, family first. Always.

Because of the reason... I'm not surprised you stepped away from Intel, but I think it's pretty cool that you were upfront with us about leaving. I don't think most people would do that, knowing they might get some flack from idiots. I respect that.

If your son takes after your wife at all (who's been tough enough to put up with your cranky-ass all these years), I'm sure he'll kick the crap out of leukemia and will be in complete remission in no time!

Prayers.

21. sc5mu93

sc5mu93 [H]Lite

Best wishes to yours Kyle.

blkt likes this.
  22. DogsofJune

DogsofJune 2[H]4U

We all make sacrifices for our kids, because they are worth it.

Lots of family love here, well except for a couple... but I bet even their momma loves them though...

Even though maybe she shoulda jus swallowed

23. LaAaZ

LaAaZ [H]Lite

Really sorry to hear the news about your son. Will be praying

blkt, AceGoober and FrgMstr like this.
  24. KickAssCop

KickAssCop [H]ardness Supreme

Sorry to hear that. Best of luck to your son and family. Great that you did the right thing!

blkt, AceGoober and FrgMstr like this.
  25. SomeoneElse

SomeoneElse [H]ard|Gawd

Man I can't even imagine with 5 kids of my own. I have known a few people who had leukemia, and its definitely beatable. I hope all goes well.
    This just shows us that you are dedicated to what matters most. Best of Luck to you, your son, and your family.

26. nwrtarget

nwrtarget Gawd

[Checks calendar again] mutters "Not even close to April 1st."

Life is crazy, keep hanging on!

27. nyTroX

nyTroX [H]Lite

Sorry to hear the news Kyle, kids are tough though, I'm sure he'll get better!
    I just found out about [H] and Intel today as well while showing my son how to build computers with PCHound. He's a PC Building Simulator fan on Steam!

28. Manny Calavera

Manny Calavera 2[H]4U

Prayers to your son,you ,your wife and your entire Family. Things will come together. One door may close,while others open up in directions we never thought of.

29. anthrex

anthrex [H]ard|Gawd

Warm wishes to you and your family

30. ZodaEX

ZodaEX 2[H]4U

Way to go Kyle.

Intel = Pedo
    AMD= GODs

31. DeathSmasher

DeathSmasher Limp Gawd

Is their anything we can do for him or your family? I know when i was going through some medical stuff like that, anything that would bring my spirits up made the biggest difference weather it was just a silly card or a gift etc. Plus for yourself keep a positive mindset an dont overdo it because this is going to take a huge toll on you an if you get sick or overdo it an he sees its taken a toll on you hes going to be upset an we dont weant that. Again prayers an positive vibes going your way. Let me know if myself or the community can do anything to easy the burden.

GoldenTiger and scojer like this.
  32. ReFracture

ReFracture [H]Lite

I've been so inactive in computer hardware in general lately that I learned of HardOCP closing, you joining Intel, you leaving Intel, and your son all at once..

Kudos on making the hard choices to take care of your family.. you're a good man.

33. Mode13

Mode13 Gawd

What a wild ride life can put us on at times.... I sure hope some normalcy returns to Kyle and his family soon.

34. MoFo

MoFo Quakecon Guy

Prayers for your family. Will be thinking about your son. Family is everything!

35. phitheta

phitheta n00b

Nothing is more important than family.

36. tryin49

tryin49 n00b

My prayers for your son's health and the rest of your family. Take the time to be with your family. Whatever you move on to next, you have the lot of here pulling for you!

37. haste.

haste. [H]ard|Gawd

Who cares about a job if it is separating you from what you care about most, there will always be other opportunities especially for someone of your clout in the industry.

I wish the best for you and your family.

38. Hallucinator

Hallucinator Gawd

Leaving Intel so soon after joining Intel must be hard on you but family comes FIRST no matter how important a job is.
    Hope your son gets better with all your care AND for being there as a father for him.

FrgMstr likes this.
  39. sknight

sknight [H]Lite

So sorry to hear Kyle. Take care of that family, and we'll all pray for you.

FrgMstr likes this.
  40. Velocity_Micro

Velocity_Micro President & CEO

Best wishes to your family, Kyle. Reach out if I can help - you have my contact info. Otherwise, continue to kick ass!

GoldenTiger likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.