Least expensive 10gb switch?

Hi, I received my CRS305-1G-4S+IN yesterday and carried out the updates, set my ip but have not been able to connect to it since! I have performed about 30 resets and cannot connect to the unit at all.

I only have the poe connected through my laptop and set my laptop IP to 192.168.88.59 and tried holding the reset button, turning on releasing after led's start blinking, also tried holding for longer, releasing at different times but cannot connect? After it has booted the power LED is on and the "E" LED is blinking but when pinging 192.168.88.1 I get either "Request timed out" or "Reply from 192.168.88.59: Destination host unreachable.

Have I killed it?

Thank you

Can you try a subnet scan to see if it has some other IP on the subnet you set it to or on the default 192.168.88.x subnet?

Is there documentation on their website?

Hi, I worked it out in the end (I am out of my comfort zone here) :-D

I downloaded winbox and was able to get everything back up & running again but rather disappointed to only appear to have 1gb speeds?

I have set the unit up as a bridge, connected the lan port into my regular switch and the sfp+ connectors into the switch and my unraid servers.

As I say this is way out of my comfort zone and I did not expect all this config but is there something I can do/setup to get 10gbe on this switch? I can confirm I have had a 10gbe connection from my desktop to my unraid server before this.

1588857304234.png

1588857320651.png

1588857336451.png

I can confirm that Windows thinks it is connected at 10gbps but the transfer speeds dictate otherwise! (I am copying files from NVME 4.0 to NVME 4.0)

1588858001047.png

1588858115413.png

I've never used a MikroTik product before, but if you're not going to be using it as a router, I'd probably be inclined to move to SwOS instead of RouterOS on it to simplify some of the config.

I've never used a MikroTik product before, but if you're not going to be using it as a router, I'd probably be inclined to move to SwOS instead of RouterOS on it to simplify some of the config.
Seconded; you do not want a switch doing any unnecessary layer 3 work. Packets that require the switch to process at layer 3 will be limited by the management processor on the switch.

Seconded; you do not want a switch doing any unnecessary layer 3 work. Packets that require the switch to process at layer 3 will be limited by the management processor on the switch.

Thank you for your advice! I really appreciate it!

I have done this but disappointed to say I still only only get gigabit transfer speeds for some reason? I have disconnected the gigabit port from my desktop so only have the 10gbe connection to my server, any ideas?

1588865458231.png

1588865469490.png

It looks like it's using the management port and sfp2 for the copy instead of sfp1 and sfp2, do you have things plugged into the correct ports?

It looks like it's using the management port and sfp2 for the copy instead of sfp1 and sfp2, do you have things plugged into the correct ports?

Hi, I had the management port connected to my main switch for dhcp and poe

I have a 10gbe connection from my Desktop to the switch and another from the switch to one of my servers (have tried both but trying to isolate)

If I disconnect the management LAN I cannot get the 10gbe connection to work at all so you are right! I have also swapped back to routeos with the same issue. After reading reviews this unit should be plug and play but this is not. Performed another factory reset and still no communication between 10gbe ports

Try to create another vlan with sfp1 sfp2. I did that and copy between 2 sata HDD is about 300MB/s.

I bought the 1gbE version for $40, but I think the Qanta LB6M is a fairly cheap 10gbe switch, and it might have L3 firmware (the LB4M does).

I picked up an Aruba S2500 POE on ebay for $100. My first attempt at 10gb, and it pretty much works perfectly out of the box.

I picked up an Aruba S2500 POE on ebay for $100. My first attempt at 10gb, and it pretty much works perfectly out of the box.
My non-POE works great and screams like a banshee; currently under knife to replace the 40mm Deltas with Noctuas, then the HPE 10Gbit switch is next...

Back