LEAP Authentication on wireless network

Ampsonic

Gawd
I'm attempting to get onto my school's wireless network, but to log on, it requires LEAP authentication, which the software that came with my wireless card (SMC 2635W) does not seem to support. The school provides some software (aegis) to handle this, but it seems to only be compatible with a few cards. (and not with mine). Does anyone know of any software out there that will let me use leap authentication?

Thanks

I'm not certain, but LEAP is pretty much a Cisco-only solution. Some venders have come out with driver sets to allow their nics to use LEAP, but many more haven't. If you can't find it on the SMC site, then you may be out of luck.

Light Extensible Authentication Protocol (LEAP) is cisco proprietary. Tell the folks who's network you're trying to access that you don't have the proper equipment/software for accessing their services.

http://tinyurl.com/32tcb

LEAP is a Cisco-proprietary method of implementing EAP Authentication. All products involved should be Cisco--a Cisco access point, a Cisco RADIUS server and a Cisco client card--to implement LEAP. However, recently, some third party RADIUS server products and client cards have been licensed to support LEAP.

Check the included links in the above URL to see if your product is listed as a licensed product. If so, I don't see any reason it shouldn't be compatible with their network. However, as I said before you should really be coordinating this with the school's network administration.

Back