Lean back and Watch YouTube TV With a New app For Your Big Screen

DooKey

[H]F Junkie
YouTube has announced (Warning auto play video) that their TV app will now be made available to a multitude of devices including Nvidia Shield, Xbox One family of devices, and TVs with Android TV built-in. Later on the new app will be available on Smart TVs from LG, Samsung, Sony, and others. Now all you cord-cutters that don't have a Chromecast will soon be able to watch YouTube TV on the big screen. Give it a try and you might like it.

So today we’re excited to unveil the new YouTube TV app built for TV devices. In the next few days, you’ll be able to stream live TV through the new YouTube TV app on Android TV devices including NVIDIA SHIELD and TVs with Android TV built-in, such as Sony, as well as on the Xbox One family of devices (Xbox One, Xbox One S, and soon Xbox One X).

I was recently auto-updated to a new version of the Youtube app on Roku 3. It's better than the old app in many ways, including the simple ability to scroll through subscribed channels and see what new videos have been posted, then scrolling down to the next channel and so on. It's so easy to find new content posted now.
In the previous app version, your view did not show any content belonging to a subscribed channel. You had to go into the channel and get a new screen showing all of the videos and categories that the channel produced. Once you went into a channel to see what might be new (and there could be nothing new posted), then hit the back button, you'd be thrown back at the top menu and forced to go down and scroll through the list of subscribed channels again until you got to the one after the one you were just at. Horrible, horrible UI design, it was. The new app is much, much better.

Edit: I now realize this is for watching live TV content via streaming from Youtube, not regular Youtube video content. Never mind.

Why do I need this app when I can watch YouTube on my PC/TV right now? The lengths these companies will go to lock into watching their advertisements is incredible.

Why do I need this app when I can watch YouTube on my PC/TV right now? The lengths these companies will go to lock into watching their advertisements is incredible.
Youtube + Adblock = Win

App? App?! We don't need no stinking App!
Gold_Hat_portrayed_by_Alfonso_Bedoya.jpg

Edit: I now realize this is for watching live TV content via streaming from Youtube, not regular Youtube video content. Never mind.

Not everyone knows you don't have to use the Internet.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/millen...ng-hack-to-get-free-tv-the-antenna-1501686958

Millennials Unearth an Amazing Hack to Get Free TV: the Antenna

Cord-cutters accustomed to watching shows online are often shocked that $20 ‘rabbit ears’ pluck signals from the air; is this legal?

By Ryan Knutson
Aug. 2, 2017 11:15 a.m. ET

Dan Sisco has discovered a technology that allows him to access half a dozen major TV channels, completely free.

“I was just kind of surprised that this is technology that exists,” says Mr. Sisco, 28 years old. “It’s been awesome. It doesn’t log out and it doesn’t skip.”

I tried to subscribe to Youtube TV but was denied. Apparently it's only available in select regions...so much for "internet" TV.

I eventually put up an antenna but it was a major pain to assemble, mount, and position and then route 50ft of coax to get only 3 of the 4 major networks that work in good weather. Glad I did it, but wasn't easy and nearly gave up on the project after several failures.

Hmm, looks interesting, only 35 bucks a month, with 6 accounts and unlimited dvr.

I tried to subscribe to Youtube TV but was denied. Apparently it's only available in select regions...so much for "internet" TV.

"YouTube TV is now available in all top 50 metro areas, covering over two-thirds of the U.S."

Sounds like your a nobody, pal!

Not the right mix of channels for me.
They are missing several channels the family watches, and I don't need any of the sports channels.

Not everyone knows you don't have to use the Internet.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/millen...ng-hack-to-get-free-tv-the-antenna-1501686958

Millennials Unearth an Amazing Hack to Get Free TV: the Antenna

Cord-cutters accustomed to watching shows online are often shocked that $20 ‘rabbit ears’ pluck signals from the air; is this legal?

By Ryan Knutson
Aug. 2, 2017 11:15 a.m. ET

Dan Sisco has discovered a technology that allows him to access half a dozen major TV channels, completely free.

“I was just kind of surprised that this is technology that exists,” says Mr. Sisco, 28 years old. “It’s been awesome. It doesn’t log out and it doesn’t skip.”

That is pretty damn funny right thar.

Back