Leaked Specs of ATI x900 (Rumored)

Remember, those numbers are (probably) speculation. As much as I hope that they are true, we won't know until it actually comes out. The numbers are impressive, thats for sure, but at 700MHz? And what about the claim for it being 3x faster than an X800? Sounds like a claim to me, not necessarily based in truth.

Yes, having an x800 myself, I am also skeptical when they say things like "3 times faster" ....that seems a little too good to be true, if you ask me. But hey, we can hope for soemthing this good ay?

Yes, we can hope. But I think the R520 will come out in performance somewhere near the 7800, hopefully slightly better. With all the rumours (and threads) going around, I think ATi are hoping for this as well, as a card that is less than consumer expectation (which, at the moment is quite weighty) will be very damaging for them, so they need to get it right to get sales that they need. nVidia have a huge start, so they will be hoping for big things. :)

um... am i reading it wrong, or are both of those links to very old information? the first one's first reply is dated april 8th or something like that i think, unless its doing day them month, not sure.

second one tho is dated from before the gtx was launched. thats very old.

im hoping for something really good to come out too, though.

32 pipes for an xt version, i hope so.do you guys think they wil lbe releasing taht card for AGP?

Why do people keep calling it the "X900" or "X950"..........they can't call it that because what would the budget verson be called.........an "X800???"

See the problem with that.

From the first link, it looks like the x900 will be just about equal to the x800xl. The x800xl is already priced well, I wonder if the x900 will be even lower.

5150Joker said:
Yeah these rumored specs are outdated.
qft. Had we even heard of the repeated tapeouts when this garbage came out? I think Crossfire was scheduled for a June-August launch at that time. Well, we all saw how that has turned out.....

Latest specs put the R520 as a 16-1-1-1 card so make of it what you will -- nobody at this point expects it to be a 24 pipe card let alone 32 pipe.

lozaning said:
am i the only one that was suprised to not see a link to the Inq.
No, I would have expected these numbers from the Inq if they were "FINALIZED R520 SPECIFICATIONS" with numbers that were just as absurd.

I like the comments on that addict3d.org link

****! ATI OWNS!!!! NVIDIA SUCKS! WORST COMPANY EVER
i second that, nvidia blows ****, ATI will rule the graphics market hopefully forever

I'm glad the video card section isn't THAT bad, heh.

Though I wonder how nVidia blows. They have a better card, and ATi has a better rumor. Meh, maybe I just have different priorities from these folk.

These are pretty old. I immediately write off any rumours claiming 512MB of 1.8Ghz memory - that by itself will price the r520 out of the market if true.

A little translation:

# 500 Mhz Chiptakt
# 600 MHz (1,2 Ghz) Speichertakt

Chiptakt = Core
Speichertakt = RAM

That in english means:
500Mhz core
600Mhz RAM(1.2Ghz)

And take a look at their sources:
Sources found on other forums and from retail/eBay stores with pre-orders and supposed stock.

Terra - I guess we will be seeing a lot of this threads now :rolleyes:

old news, the date on addict3d is june 11 and another one is around june 21. so bah man don't hype me up. ;)

trinibwoy said:
I immediately write off any rumours claiming 512MB of 1.8Ghz memory - that by itself will price the r520 out of the market if true.
Yeah, and I'm not even sure that speed of GDDR3 is available yet. The best stuff Samsung is mass-producing at the moment is 1.25ns (1.6GHz) 512Mbit GDDR3 DRAMs. I suppose you could squeeze another hundred MHz or so out of them (like some 7800GTX vendors do with 1.667ns/1.2GHz GDDR3) but 1.8GHz stock sounds a bit far-fetched. :p

air2k5 said:
32 pipes for an xt version, i hope so.do you guys think they wil lbe releasing taht card for AGP?

What is it with people and AGP...

your gonna blow £600 on a vid card, just suck it up and spend another £100 on a PCI-E mobo. :rolleyes:

I jsut heard from a reliable source it'll have 256 pipes. :rolleyes:

why don't you wait and see?!

Yepp 256 plus 512 ALU and 2GB RAM. Wait no more Crack pipe for me :)

Although any rumor could be good info I take rumors allways with a grain of salt.

What ever happens We will see it sooner or later.

Nummbers of pipes(crack pipes? :) ) new names for new technology used in their GPU/VPU's and frenquency and amount of RAM says a lot but only real life preformance will tell does a new ATi or nVIDIA card preformes or not. The You will see is a BIOS version delivered with first cards matural, does drivers support all functions and are they good writen. Is BF2 or HL2 or what ever game support good? Time will tell so wait and You will see.

MD

Fawkes said:

your gonna blow £600 on a vid card, just suck it up and spend another £100 on a PCI-E mobo. :rolleyes:
Not everyone has that kind of disposeable income. They can't all just crap out the extra cash for a new motherboard in addition to the wad they just crapped out on the card itself. People want flexibility. Furthermore, PCI-E isn't yet showing its colors as far as video bandwidth is concerned.

Assuming that the R520 will have some of these specs, all im really hoping for is that nvidia will have to drop prices.

It's getting to be that the video card is half the cost of your system nowadays.

Wolf-R1 said:
Not everyone has that kind of disposeable income. They can't all just crap out the extra cash for a new motherboard in addition to the wad they just crapped out on the card itself. People want flexibility. Furthermore, PCI-E isn't yet showing its colors as far as video bandwidth is concerned.

But PCI-E has higher power output than AGP.
And a higher combined bus-transfer rate than a AGP/PCI system, so it's not only about graphics...

Terra - I bet there where the same "cling-on-to-old-tech" posts back when AGP was introduced...

Terra said:
But PCI-E has higher power output than AGP.
And a higher combined bus-transfer rate than a AGP/PCI system, so it's not only about graphics...

Terra - I bet there where the same "cling-on-to-old-tech" posts back when AGP was introduced...
not really, since AGP actually offered advantages, like seperating the GFX bus from the rest of the system. PCIe does this for other devices, but due to the lack of add-in cards for reasonable prices that take advantage of it, PCIe seems rather pointless to me.

God I just leaked some specs of the R520 all over the floor

2.4GHz core
12 pixel pipelines
1.6Ghz GDDR3
2 "helper" physics units based on the integrated circuit used to run the timer on most microwaves
2048mb on onboard ram
4 expansion slots for more RAM (uses DDR2)

robberbaron said:
God I just leaked some specs of the R520 all over the floor

2.4GHz core
12 pixel pipelines
1.6Ghz GDDR3
2 "helper" physics units based on the integrated circuit used to run the timer on most microwaves
2048mb on onboard ram
4 expansion slots for more RAM (uses DDR2)

OMG! Imagine Quake 3 ( probably even Quake 4)on that :D

I'm gonna start my own oem company and offer a cold fusion reactor included with my X900XT.

~Adam

From what i've read thus far... this card should be in direct competition with my 6200..

Fawkes said:

Thats the point. Its painful to fork over that kind of money in the first place... so why would you want to dish out even more if you don't have to.

" 256-bit 512MB 1.8GHz GDDR3 Memory " Yea... right...

Whos dumber: the fool who thinks this shit up, or the fools who believe it and repost it...?

dagon11985 said:
Man.. I wonder if that will be better than my 256 mb 6200 TC..

dagon11985 said:
From what i've read thus far... this card should be in direct competition with my 6200..

You need to stop thread crapping and tryting to start a flame war. Talk like this gets threads locked.

I personally believe that the r520 will have 32 pipes. The pro might have like 24 pipes, the xt would in turn have 30, and the xtpe would of course have the full 32.

Im thinking that all 3 will start off with the 256MB of GDDR3, but each model up would have faster memory.

Perhaps the pro and the xt non PE would have higher clock speeds or something. I dunno, im just making a guess. But it would seem like ATi had truely dropped the ball if they release a card that has similar specs to a 7800GTX, except 6 months after Nvidia.

so perhaps ati will release a 32 pipe card as their top model, and then shortly after, Nvidia releases a 32 pipe version of the 7800GTX.

^^^^^all speculation

Back