Leaked Slides Reveal All About Nexus 6P

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
If you’re interested in getting the lowdown on the latest flagship Nexus, there’s no need to wait for Google’s event next week. Somebody released a ton of slides on Imgur.

The slide also confirms dual front-facing speakers, a USB Type-C charging and data port, and a Snapdragon 810 version 2.1 processor. The 5.7" screen has been mentioned since the first leak, and that WQHD resolution (2560x1440 16:9) matches the Nexus 6 and most of the flagship phones from this year.

hmmm if it doesn't have wireless charging -- screw the flagship phone, I have an S5 for another 6 months or a year on Verizon, would love to get on Project Fi as it matures, but I'm 100% addicted to wireless charging around the house now.

All built in the same place as the rest of them.

Yup, only hurting yourself by putting one brand over another, especially when we're talking about a Nexus. What scares me about this one is the 810 they are using but we will have to wait and see if they have finally found a way to tame the beast

What scares me about this one is the 810 they are using but we will have to wait and see if they have finally found a way to tame the beast

Nexus phone. Chances are it got just a bit of testing.

Few things that concern me...

First, possible lack of wireless charging? Seriously? On a flagship, you don't take features away! It is really quite convenient on my current N6 and I'd hate to lose it. The lack of it is presumed due to the aluminum body/back. I hope that the chip and everything to support wireless charging (ie receiver) is present, at least. Maybe wireless won't work as well out of the box or won't be "supported", but those who are interested could at very least buy after-market backplates or some such. Still, its a bloody irritating decision to build a flagship and a NEXUS no less while removing features that were present in the previous generation. This shouldn't even be an issue - if they couldn't make it work with a full ALU back, they could have made the default backplate aluminum around the edges and something else (plastic, or if they wanted to be classy, ceramics/glass a la the Nexus 4) over the wireless charging receiver.

Secondly, is that TypeC connector electrically USB 3.1? Look its nice switching to a new standard small USB connector but why not "future proof" it by making it more than USB 2.0 electrically - it will enable even better charging if the thing supports 3.1.

Third, QHD and 3GB. These are the resolutions and RAM of the Nexus 6! How about an upgrade? I actually like the phone's a bit smaller, but to be honest if they packed some of these specs into the 5X instead I'd be happier. QHD is okay when you get right down to it, but still 3GB of RAM? They have to know that every bloody 2016 Marshmallow generation flagship to come is going to move to 4GB...why overlook this? Add some extra bloody RAM, especially if multitasking next generation is a big Android 6.0 idea.

Lastly, Huawei - I have questions regarding the quality of their products, especially for a Nexus.

Overall, I was expecting a bit more. I'm relatively happy with my Nexus 6, but I'd consider an upgrade. Honestly, I was hoping the Nexus 5X would have top-of-the-line components but provide the smaller package I've been looking for. Sadly, it seems to be more of a "value" phone but this isn't a bad thing. However, if they're making so many compromises for the 5X, I'd like to see it a bit cheaper. I'm a bit worried that by the time both phones actually get into peoples' hands, especially via carriers, we'll be on the cusp of the next generation hardware with 820 chipsets, 4gb RAM and much more. I'd happy wait another few months for a Nexus if it meant it being the first one with next gen hardware, rather than the last gasp of this generation.

Well I'm disappointed. Phone looks good, but inability to remove the battery is an absolute deal breaker. Guess I go back to waiting.

hmmm if it doesn't have wireless charging -- screw the flagship phone, I have an S5 for another 6 months or a year on Verizon, would love to get on Project Fi as it matures, but I'm 100% addicted to wireless charging around the house now.
Don t you waste all kinds of power doing that. It will increase your energy bill unnecessarily.

Good chance it won't have a removable battery, wireless charging, sdcard slot, or be water resistant. Another overpriced unremarkable phone. :( Someone needs to build another S5 with the latest chip, built-in wireless charging, and put stock android on it with an unlocked bootloader. Not asking for much. Don't care what it looks like.

Seriously. The people who like stock android dont have too many choices when your looking for a phone around 5in. I have the Moto x 2014 and I love this phone. Perfect size and just about stock android. Then moto decides to make the next version too damn big for me so I'm waiting on the nexus 5 but its not impressing me at all either.

Guess I'll just wait some more.

This is starting to look like the auto industry in the mid 70s, where every model year started to become worse than the previous one.

Wrecked Em,

i thought you were talking about MS and O/S's for a second there! ;)

No card slot? fsk it! Still waiting for a phone to tempt me off my S3.

Definitely looking like a ho-hum side-grade vs. a souped-up Moto N6.

Good chance it won't have a removable battery, wireless charging, sdcard slot, or be water resistant. Another overpriced unremarkable phone. :( Someone needs to build another S5 with the latest chip, built-in wireless charging, and put stock android on it with an unlocked bootloader. Not asking for much. Don't care what it looks like.

It doesn't, it is aluminium unibody and that means no access. Which is irritating because how damn hard would it be to include a few screws for a battery access only panel? I would love a metal unibody phone if they could just fix that one issue.

uni-body doesnt automatically mean no access. they've just designed the damn thing that way because.... they can (and FU customers).

Back