Leaked Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 Footage Is Visually Breathtaking

There has been mention of working with modders and acknowledgment that the modding community is necessary for success, so I'm cautiously hopeful that most of the FSX stuff will come over.

Do flight sims really look like that picture in the first post? They've come a long way.

(Sims) must be the fortnite for adults. Train Sim, I've heard of people spending thousands to unlock new trains. Just like I know a kid who has spent $1000 on fortnite.

Do flight sims really look like that picture in the first post? They've come a long way.

(Sims) must be the fortnite for adults. Train Sim, I've heard of people spending thousands to unlock new trains. Just like I know a kid who has spent $1000 on fortnite.

Nah, fortnite is just a new baby cousin on the block.

What people spent in eve online on the other hand....

I can't...if your sinking that much money into the game why not just go get your license and fly real planes? Outside of the few individuals who have a disability that would prevent it that is.
Same reason I drive racing simulations. I don't have the $900 to register go to the track every couple weeks, there are only 2 race tracks within driving distance of me, I can only go to one track at a time, plus the cost of maintenance, gas, brake pads, fluids, tires, etc. The initial cost sink for simulators is a lot less expensive and time consuming than the actual hobby.

Because flying in real life is boring AF and takes tons of time. Not to mention dealing with paperwork and airspace permits. Besides I listened to a few air traffic controller recordings and about 90% of the time I can't decipher wtf they are saying. Of course there is no air traffic control at small airports but still.
I'd rather have fun with zero risk while disregarding all rules in the book, and then some. (I darn well hope the game doesn't force you to obey rules)
I agree though that spending thousands on it is needless and unrealistic. I have a $30 set of pedals from 1997 and a $50 stick from about 2007 and it is more than enough to enjoy a flightsim for me. That's a much lower barrier to entry than anything real. Besides where I live even $6000 is prohibitively expensive. (That's about the local price for a PPL license)

I actually feel the same way about a sim ;)

I can't...if your sinking that much money into the game why not just go get your license and fly real planes? Outside of the few individuals who have a disability that would prevent it that is.

money for a lot of folks isnt the problem. Finding time to get the weather, instructor, plane availability, and home life all aligned is the biggest factor. GFL I you’re part of a club and you can’t get an airplane for 2 weeks. Then what you can actually do with your ppl after you get it...not much. Same reason I don’t have a boat anymore. GA is still dying.

Back