Leaked GeForce GTX 465 Information

HardOCP News

[H] News
The crew at Guru3D have re-posted some leaked GeForce GTX 465 numbers that were originally posted by the Chinese website eNet.com. According to the information provided, the GTX 465 will have 352 stream processors, 1GB of RAM, and a 256-bit memory interface. Hit the link for more information on clock speeds and performance. Here's a quote on performance:

eNet says its benchmarks show the GTX 465 is slightly quicker than the Radeon HD 5870 in Far Cry 2, "significantly slower" than the Radeon HD 5830 in Crysis Warhead, and in between the Radeon HD 5850 and 5870 in Unigine's Heaven benchmark. That doesn't sound like a bad effort if the card ends up launching at around $300 as those European listings suggested.

It's nice to have a faster card, but I just can't help but not feel any excitement over a card that's "slightly faster" than a card made in September 2009.

Where the hell are these model numbers coming from and why can't nVidia keep them consistent? There was no 265 (or 270), so why don't they just name this one the GTX460? The 5s should be reserved for revisions of a current generation or something like from the 280 to the 285. ATI makes much more sense with their scheme too.

Anyways, this is still good news. But I'll still wait until the 512 SPU version of the 480 (485 hopefully) until I upgrade to Fermi, unless I quit folding for some reason, then I'll go back to ATI.

As long as there isnt a GTX4XX rebadge of a (92) core I don't care about the funky numbering scheme.

Seems odd that this card will beat a 5870 in certain situations and then be "significantly slower" thana 5830 in others. I'm guessing this card will fall right in between a 5850 and 5830 in terms of performance, and will probably be priced at $300.

It would be nice if it debuted at around $250 to put some pressure on 5850 prices. I'm thinknig two of these will probably scale well in SLI. 2x460's for $500-$520 would be tempting indeed. :cool:

Of course there will be. Haven't you heard of the GTS450? It's the GTS250/9800GTX+/8800GTS with the 40 nm process so it'll have higher clocks! :D

They definitely need to lower the price to $250 if it's going to be slower than the 5830 in anything or bump up the shader count, otherwise it sounds good. :)

Seems odd that this card will beat a 5870 in certain situations and then be "significantly slower" thana 5830 in others. I'm guessing this card will fall right in between a 5850 and 5830 in terms of performance, and will probably be priced at $300.

Well, that "certain situation" is Far Cry 2, the one game where Fermi has a huge advantage. Don't know why, but its the one game where the GTX 470 easily bests the 5870 as well. So the far more telling result is the significantly slower than the 5830 in Crysis Warhead.

Even/slower than the 5830 while costing $300? Pass.

So about how much faster is this going to be than the GTX280 I bought for $300 in January 2009? And this is their "mid-range" card?

I remember when top of the line cards were $350 and mid-range was $200. Oh, economy..

So about how much faster is this going to be than the GTX280 I bought for $300 in January 2009? And this is their "mid-range" card?

Quite possibly your GTX 280 will be even or faster.

I remember when top of the line cards were $350 and mid-range was $200. Oh, economy..

Well, there is also inflation to take into account. Can't really blame the current economy on the cost of highend cards, as Nvidia was launching $600+ cards as far back as the 6 series, really this generation is among the cheapest for highend cards over the page 5 years at $400 and $500 for the 5870 and GTX 480 respectively.

Far Cry 2 is not a game to judge video card performance by. A) the game is crappy B) the MOST TWIMTBP title on the planet. Sounds like a more expensive 5830.

Looks like this card is crap with no reason to purchase it at all. Too bad Nvidia is having such a hard time competing. I don't like to upgrade unless there is actual competition going on. It seems like we only get really good prices on cards when we have actual competition. That and most games will run fine on old hardware, since they are just xbox 360 games with AA and AF anyway...

If the 5830 (~$200) is more or less equal to the old 4890 (~$200) and the GTX465 performs worse (other than the TWIMTBP titles),
why the hell do they think $300 is going to work?! :mad:

eh, fake leaks intended to mess with the competition. The card stats will probably be greater when it comes out and the price point cheaper.

If they sell it for 250 I'm game. 300? Eh that's a bit pricey for that level of performance.

eh, fake leaks intended to mess with the competition.

Uh, what? The competition's card is already out, and has been for months. Or do you really think Nvidia would be like "haha, take that ATI! We're leaking rumors that our new card sucks and is no competition for your 6 month old card!"

:confused:

Sounds like fantastic plan if your goal is to drive people to your competitor....

The card stats will probably be greater when it comes out and the price point cheaper.

Just like the GTX 470 and 480 rumors? Booya!

issue being that a lot of people like nvidia and may be willing to wait for a competitive product to the lower end ati market. It isn't like nvidia has any card that is doing much right now against ati. but probably I am clueless.

its going to take alot to get me to upgrade from my 8800gtx. I can still play all of my games comfortably... i want like triple the performance of what i have now to even consider $300+

its going to take alot to get me to upgrade from my 8800gtx. I can still play all of my games comfortably... i want like triple the performance of what i have now to even consider $300+

I'm worried that you'll get it [GTX465], pull off the sticker, and it will read 8800GTX :p

I would hang on to 280 for a bit, unless youre one of those who bleed money.

I am sticking to my 4850 until SI/NI or nvidia comes out with their next thing (and finally stops rebadging that 8800 I used to own).

Back