Leaked DOTA2 screenshots

lobski2

Gawd
http://ruliweb.daum.net/ruliboard/read.htm?num=34964&table=game_online&main=online

776524_1.jpg

776524_2.jpg

Looks... Good.

Looks like HoN to be honest with you, but yes, I like brighter graphics, makes it look better, imo.

I prefer the art style of LoL to HoN.

wsorry but what does DOTA2 stand for?

Defense of the Ancients 2.

Defense of the Ancients was a mod for Warcraft 3 that became very, very popular. there have been a number of other commercial games done with the same style of gameplay like Demigod, League of Legends and Heros of Newarth.

Valve hired the guy who made the original DoTA mod and they have been working on DoTA 2, which will be a stand alone product. It is highly anticipated since people like that kind of game, and since Valve could announce they were releasing a box of crap covered in razorblades and people would get exited about it :D.

that looks great. Looking forward to their marketing tournament next week

Lucy and SF... brings back memories. I'm not certain if I would want to pay to play Dota2, but I think I might want to play it.

Looks good. I'm not a Pro DOTA player but i enjoyed DoTA and HoN so I'm guessing I'll like this even more since it's being made by Icefrog and Valve.

That is to say it's cartoony used purely to cover up the lack of any serious graphics.

And yet it works so well...

Valve reminds me alot of blizzard themselves, heavy art style that allows them to keep sys requirements within a certain low end range.... excellent strategy, and it really does broaden their customer base...

I hope this is medium settings. Starcraft 2 max settings would be great for this game.

The graphics look good to me, very crisp and clean. I'm sure that this game will have the biggest player base out of all of the other MOBA games when it is released. This is looking to be everything that HoN should have been.

Valve hired the guy who made the original DoTA mod and they have been working on DoTA 2, which will be a stand alone product. It is highly anticipated since people like that kind of game, and since Valve could announce they were releasing a box of crap covered in razorblades and people would get exited about it :D.

Incorrect.

This is pretty much the only part that has rubbed me the wrong way with Valve.

Icefrog jumped in on DoTA a couple years after it was first released....I accept that he did A LOT...but he did not "create" it. IMO its more of a community mod than anything else. That leads to how it rubbed me the wrong way when Valve popped that copyright/trademark (whatever it was) on the DoTA name.

That is to say it's cartoony used purely to cover up the lack of any serious graphics.

You have no idea what you're talking about and it shows.

LoL, Dota, and HoN all have one thing in common, they are DESIGNED to be played on the lowest of low end computers, that allows ANYBODY to play them, it's in fact, perfect for people with low end notebooks or even a netbook (maybe . . .) to play on.

All 3 games are quality and the only real difference in them is the community and certain gameplay aspects, but the essentials are pretty much the same.

This graphics style is exactly what these games need.

I don't care about having graphics that make 100 percent use of my 5870 with a game like this, because I know that's not the intended purpose of their graphics engine, it's to promote accessibility to the game and to allow anybody with a computer to be able to pretty much install it and have it be playable to them.

Would it be nice to have bad ass graphics that use my 5870 well? Sure, but knowing the history of this genre and the games in it, I'd rather they stick to what works, because it allows more people to play and at the end of the day, that's what I want in a game like this.

though if it costs 60usd, then I'm just going to continue playing SotIS...

It's reputedly going to be free to play and will use microtransactions (skins, icons, whatever) to prop up the business model.

They haven't said exactly what they will do yet, but they did say it will be free to play.

A lot of people have played LoL without paying a dime for it.

This game wont' be any different, except more people will want to pay for something cause it's Valve.

I support that though.

It's reputedly going to be free to play and will use microtransactions (skins, icons, whatever) to prop up the business model.

They haven't said exactly what they will do yet, but they did say it will be free to play.

A lot of people have played LoL without paying a dime for it.

This game wont' be any different, except more people will want to pay for something cause it's Valve.

I support that though.

f2p is nice but unless valve can prevent hacking 100%
i think it would be better for dota 2 to cost something like 10~ 20 bux

Graphics are unimportant. Lets see how the gameplay is. I'm expecting it to be good, wonder if It'll take me away from LoL. Either way I'll probably be playing nothing but Diablo 3 for a few years :p

I think I may have seen hacking once in LoL. There was an irelia that just lagged around perfectly to her advantage but never DC'd. Her icon would be around dragon and then she would instantly reappear outside top base in the middle of 2-3 of us, and it was impossible to target her as she killed us. Don't know why I've never seen that again.

I think if they have a level up system like LoL does, hacking wouldn't be that big of a problem. There would be a decent amount of hacking at the low levels (assuming hacks existed) but by the time someone reaches the high levels, most accounts which took part in hacking would be banned. Sure someone could level up to the high levels and then start hacking, but that's a lot of effort just to most likely be hit with a ban and have it all wiped out. The big one that I hope doesn't exist is map hack. That's hard to detect and gives a massive unfair advantage in these kind of games. I think they know how to set it up so they map hacking is impossible these days.

The graphics look like a mix of LoL and DoTA. They have the cartoony feel of LoL but they have the darker look that DoTA/HoN have. When I started playing LoL I hated the graphics compared to DoTA, but now I'd probably have a tough time going back. Point being, you get used to them.

Both dragon/baron areas are on the upper side of the river. I wonder how that will effect map balance. I don't remember how it worked in DoTA. The jungle looks like it's taken from DoTA, and I definitely see secret shops. Looks like a direct copy of DoTA, which isn't bad.

It also doesn't mean Dota 2 will be hacked, what the fuck is the point of your posts on this?

it's pointless.

if its f2p people will just create another account when they get banned without punishment

Back