Leaked benchmarks put Nvidia RTX 3080 Ti GPU within a whisker of RTX 3090

It’s not like there’s a huge gap between the 3080 and the 3090 what was it 10-15% a little refining and some clocks on the 3080 alone could probably get 6-7%, up the memory timing and get it a little more of it for an extra 2-3% and suddenly blam! Your at worst within 5% of the 3090 for gaming.

Does this mean that a 3090ti is on the way?
Not sure what a 3090 Ti would even be since the GA102 chip in the 3090 is pretty much maxed. So I doubt it.

If the rumors are true that AMD is preparing a dual-GPU 6900XT then Nvidia might create a dual-GPU 3090 to counter it.

If the rumors are true that AMD is preparing a dual-GPU 6900XT then Nvidia might create a dual-GPU 3090 to counter it.

Might help bring back better Crossfire and SLI performance. For me it's not that major as I prefer ITX systems anyways but I know plenty of people that did the whole dual 1080/2080 setups only to be shit on because no games supported them.

Rumors... innuendo... hearsay!
All of the above listed GPUs are speculative Unobtainium that do not actually exist in the wild - like cryptozoology ;)
Yeah, those cards may as well not exist right now. They are just some future product we might be able to buy at some point in the coming year.

Not sure what a 3090 Ti would even be since the GA102 chip in the 3090 is pretty much maxed. So I doubt it.

And here I was thinking that dual GPU cards were a thing of the past! Most of us wouldn't bother with SLI these days.

Might help bring back better Crossfire and SLI performance.
Yeah that's not gonna happen. Both AMD and Nv have already given up on driver-side mGPU support, and NV specifically has also ditched the hardware portion of that. At this point, it's explicit mGPU done over the PCIe bus, or bust.

Did someone say a dual 6900 GPU card?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Introducing the Double Down Double Dog Dare U Twinsies Edition RAD(eon)
Will not fit in a case!
Will not fit in a closet!
Only a room with much volume can contain this much awesomeness!
So large John Holmes would have the envy!
Requires delivery via Deyton Freight semi right up to your residence
Includes free container of Ovaltine to mix with your custom loop so you have proof this card is the shit

U Mad about the GPU situation? DON'T GET MAD, GET RAD(eon)!!!1!1!1!!11

The 3080 Ti 20GB is not surprising to anyone, I don't think - especially in gaming. It may not be quite all the way to the 3090, but its a hell of a lot closer with a hell of a lot more VRAM than the 3080. The question will be if and when it is launched - there have been benchmarks for awhile, but the question is when they'll actually get into someone's hands, whos' hands they are, and how much they'll cost! I have almost no doubt they'd be MSRP referenced for closer to $1200 given the tariffs which means that desirable AIB versions are going to easily push $1500+ (and of course if there's a white Asus STRIX version add an additional $200 for the color alone to what is likely the top end of the range in its standard configuration!) . Hell, we've seen some AIBs of the AMD 6900XT selling thanks to Newegg for over $1500, and $1000+ 3080 models!

I am more interested in AMD's possible revamp or upgrade of the 6900XT - be it a dual card or something else. Its fantastic they were able to put 16GB on the 6800 XT and 6900XT cards, but they had to know that especially on the 6900XT they'd be trailing the NV 3090. With a 3080 Ti 20GB they won't have the VRAM crown any longer for everything under the 3090 . So if they could upgrade or refresh a 6900XT x2 in a way that allowed fully shared performance resources from shaders to VRAM and didn't require any sort of driver magic on a per-game level like SLI / CrossfireX of old, that would be very interesting indeed - expensive, but interesting!

GPU prices are fucked right now and probably for all of 2021. An RTX 3080 is nearly $1k, so I imagine the 3080Ti would be $2k, which is about the price of a 3090. If my GPU failed I'd probably just game on my old Radeon HD 4760 because MineCraft doesn't care. I am not buying GPU's at their current price, even the used market is fucked right now.

GPU prices are fucked right now and probably for all of 2021. An RTX 3080 is nearly $1k, so I imagine the 3080Ti would be $2k, which is about the price of a 3090. If my GPU failed I'd probably just game on my old Radeon HD 4760 because MineCraft doesn't care. I am not buying GPU's at their current price, even the used market is fucked right now.
Some 3080s just surpassed $1K selling price on Newegg (some as high as $1100+ now); expected to be the result of the memory cost increases.

I think 3080 Ti AIB selling prices will be the same as 3090 prices before the price hikes ($1500-1800). Glad I jumped on a 3090 for the old MSRP and didn’t wait for the 3080 Ti.

Last edited:
If you can find a 3080 below $1k and you need one, you should jump on it. They are now over $1k in most places.

Some 3080s just surpassed $1K selling price on Newegg (some as high as $1100+ now); expected to be the result of the memory cost increases.

I think 3080 Ti AIB selling prices will be the same as 3090 prices before the price hikes ($1500-1800). Glad I jumped on a 3090 for the old MSRP and didn’t wait for the 3080 Ti.
I did the same. 3080 ti won't see the light of the day until perhaps end of the year, holidays shopping season.

Looking at the gap between the Titan (because the 3090's effectively the titan replacement for gaming) and x80Ti in previous generations we see:

Titan RXT to 2080Ti: 9 months.
Titan X to 1080 Ti: 7 months.
GTX Titan X to 980 Ti: 2.5 months.
GTX Titan to 780 Ti: 9 months.

That's a 7 month average, but is pulled down a lot by the 9xx series. That's mostly due to that generations titan being released 6 months after the 980 though.

I'd guess this generation's x80Ti will be out sometime between March and October; probably mid-summer. I don't remember enough details about the rumors from several years ago to know if leaks starting last fall are significant or not.

With the current pricing on GPUs I don't expect it to be any less the $1500. It replaced the 3090 price since that went up to nearly $2000 for most models.

My 6900xt yawns at the 3080ti

Im so glad endless hours of camping microcenter paid off many weeks ago.

Maybe ill get lucky and find a 3080 or 90 and I can retail sell it here to help community. I always find GPUs at Microcenter now that im not looking at all for them.

But when I was gainfully looking for them - nowhere to be found.

Has long has they do not need to turn out 3090 level of chips into regular 3080 because they cannot sell all the 3090 they make anymore, they have no rush to release this I imagine.

I cannot see myself upgrading to that over my 3080,I will wait for the 4080,or bust.
Be a better bet waiting for a 7900XT with RDNA 3. It will blow whatever Nvidia introduces next year out of the water. The only caveats are that Etherium must crash and AMD must obtain a big supply of 5nm wafers from TSMC. AMD screwed up badly with all their commitments to consoles, cpus. gpus. apus for notebooks, and servers. It was impossible to serve all these products and do justice to their customers. Planning has to be based on what is possible not simply be done out of greed. No waycopuld AMD get enough TSMC wafers on 7nm to produce all these chips seamlessly. Lisa Su owes us all a humble apology. But don't expect it anytime soon.

Last edited:
Be a better bet waiting for a 7900XT with RDNA 3. It will blow whatever Nvidia introduces next year out of the water. The only caveats are that Etherium must crash and AMD must obtain a big supply of 5nm wafers from TSMC. AMD screwed up badly with all their commitments to consoles, cpus. gpus. apus for notebooks, and servers. It was impossible to serve all these products and do justice to their customers. Planning has to be based on what is possible not simply be done out of greed. No waycopuld AMD get enough TSMC wafers on 7nm to produce all these chips seamlessly. Lisa Su owes us all a humble apology. But don't expect it anytime soon.

Etherium may transition from proof of pollution to proof of plutocracy based mining at which point it will be impossible to mine it on GPUs later this year; if we're lucky other GPU minable coins won't have enough collective value to suck huge numbers of cards out of the gaming market. That said: I'll believe it when it happens, they've been talking about doing it for years but keep putting the date off, and even if it does happen the people running the GPU mining could always try and fork the blockchain to keep their existing money press running.

It's so true - even a GTX 1650 vanilla GPU that should be $170USD (and was in November) is now going for $400USD right now.
I've never seen anything like this, and the mining craze and GPU price hikes of 2018 were like a molehill next to this mountain that is 2021.

Be a better bet waiting for a 7900XT with RDNA 3. It will blow whatever Nvidia introduces next year out of the water.
It will? If it does, great, but wasn't it the same story with the current generation?

Love my AMD CPU but at this point I take fanboying with a grain of salt, as should anyone shopping for PC components.

😂😂$360 for rx570. Look at the bright side, at least your getting new and not pre-owned 'lightly used' for this price, like on ebay
View attachment 325092

Insane. This card was like $150 new on BF 2018 when I built my son's PC and put this card in it, which it's still holding up good so far for 1080p. At this point I wonder if GPUs, at least at the higher end, will ever be somewhat reasonably priced again. I also wonder how stupid the prices will have to get before people stop buying them; with how many people you still see here buying 3090s at close to 2k still. Would those same people still buy at 3k+ before scalping?

Has long has they do not need to turn out 3090 level of chips into regular 3080 because they cannot sell all the 3090 they make anymore, they have no rush to release this I imagine.
They still sellout regularly. My MC had 10 msi 3090 for nearly $2100 and they all were snatched up soon after opening.

Back