LEAKED: AMD's Vega flagship codename "flamebate", faster than GTX 1080, but 20 percent cheaper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha - this article almost got me: http://wccftech.com/vega-teaser-slides-leak-nda/

I saw it just after I placed my order for a 1080 ti that I lucked into on Newegg. I seriously was thinking about cancelling it until I scrolled down and started reading the comments.

I hate April 1st. I read over the page on Newegg at least five times to make sure it was real and not some stupid April fools joke too.

Ha - this article almost got me: http://wccftech.com/vega-teaser-slides-leak-nda/

I saw it just after I placed my order for a 1080 ti that I lucked into on Newegg. I seriously was thinking about cancelling it until I scrolled down and started reading the comments.

I hate April 1st. I read over the page on Newegg at least five times to make sure it was real and not some stupid April fools joke too.
That article came out yesterday in the middle of the day in the US so it got me at first too, then I remembered what today was and that the Internet doesn't care about time zones.

If AMD wanted to gain 50% stock, they should release Vega today matching 1080ti @ $600

If AMD wanted to gain 50% stock, they should release Vega today matching 1080ti @ $600

No, they would just release teasers like with Ryzen and let it rise over the next few weeks. But so far we really have nothing concrete.

No, they would just release teasers like with Ryzen and let it rise over the next few weeks. But so far we really have nothing concrete.
Oh I know, but that would throw the April Fools right back in everyones face and make them look like god. Hell, they could rename their GPU God-Like if they pulled that one off :)

Oh I know, but that would throw the April Fools right back in everyones face and make them look like god. Hell, they could rename their GPU God-Like if they pulled that one off :)

If they actually did that I think the AMD fanboys would explode though, they wouldn't have to cherry pick benchmarks for once! :LOL:

Wow, I made the exact comment that if Vega was $400 and performed at least as well as a GTX 1080 I would be on board in another thread. I was hoping that AMD really pulled something off here :p

Wow, I made the exact comment that if Vega was $400 and performed at least as well as a GTX 1080 I would be on board in another thread. I was hoping that AMD really pulled something off here :p

If you are hoping for as good as 1080 and $400, you have unrealistic expectations.

If you are hoping for as good as 1080 and $400, you have unrealistic expectations.

Perhaps, but to be honest with wide spread availability expected in May/June for Vega it will be a whole year behind the launch of the GTX 1080. So they need to do something more to entice me.

Rumored Volta launch of the Titan version is late 2017 with mainstream being released early 2018. The wait is not that long considering my most anticipated games this year are Red Dead Redemption 2 and Destiny 2 so I am not needing a graphics card update ASAP. If we go by past history the 1170/2070 should have around 1080TI performance.

I would love to get back to using an AMD card as in the past I have had a 4850 and 6950(unlocked shaders). However, above all I am a price/performance buyer and Vega is looking late to the party there.

Perhaps, but to be honest with wide spread availability expected in May/June for Vega it will be a whole year behind the launch of the GTX 1080. So they need to do something more to entice me.

Rumored Volta launch of the Titan version is late 2017 with mainstream being released early 2018. The wait is not that long considering my most anticipated games this year are Red Dead Redemption 2 and Destiny 2 so I am not needing a graphics card update ASAP. If we go by past history the 1170/2070 should have around 1080TI performance.

I would love to get back to using an AMD card as in the past I have had a 4850 and 6950(unlocked shaders). However, above all I am a price/performance buyer and Vega is looking late to the party there.

Yeah in the past I've had really great luck with AMD cards. The only one that didn't really meet my expectations was a 770 to 390 upgrade. Otherwise they've been solid cards.

I'll probably hold out to buy a card until the Volta Ti variant hits. Or guesstimate 40% above the x80 variant.

Problem going with AMD is that I've bought into GSYNC.

There's really not a ton of performance that I want to make up. If anything what I'd like to bring down is latency.

We'll see what AMD brings to the table!

Flamebate 490 (F490) would be like a slap in the face to nVidia. Especially if it performed well and a lot cheaper. It's like going back to the old school SEGA vs Nintendo ads of old. "Genesis does what Nintendon't"

What's flamebate? Did you mean flamebait?

I came in to see what Flamebate was.

they could have a paper launch and say its great just like the last year of junk they have released.
I hold no expectations for vega it will be another bomb.

Can mods close and/or delete this thread? April 1st was a while ago and there's no need to bump this thread anymore.

Amd is going to create a Graphic Card with a Ryzen Chip and it's like gonna be like awesome.
I read it somewhere on the internet I forgot

What's flamebate? Did you mean flamebait?

I came in to see what Flamebate was.
That second word is not "bait".

81368b000860aaff3a5a48ee71d0b7860ee2b78d0e3b58409eebaa278bcdeb13.jpg

what if Vega is actually faster then a 1080 and 20% cheaper?

considering how old the 1080 is now and having a 1080Ti in the market, it would be a huge fail, then it will drop volta and will destroy it. any success for Vega means it have to be at least equal performer or faster than a 1080TI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back