Leaked: 2080Ti FE 39% faster than 1080Ti FE on average

So, you're argument is that the Titan V OCs better than a card we've never seen OC'ed? Really? How do we even know this wasn't a factory freak? This is also 1 single game you're showing here. A game that's not particularly interesting because even a 1080ti can run it in UHD at substantially higher than 60fps (hell, the 1080 non-ti runs it >60fps).

[H] review shows the following for OC results on the Titan V:

Kingdom Come: Stock - 57.8; OC - 65.4 (13%)
PUBG: Stock - 59.2; OC - 66.1 (12%)
Wolfenstein II: Stock - 96; OC - 108.9 (13%)
ME:A: Stock - 63.5; OC - 71.9 (13%)
Sniper 4 Elite: Stock - 110.2; OC - 127.3 (16%)
The Division: Stock - 67.6; OC - 73.5 (9%)
Watch Dogs 2: Stock - 47.8; OC - 52.0 (9%)

I see nothing here that indicates that the Titan V OCs better than just about anything else out there. At least, not by more than maybe 2-3%, on average. And again, we've seen nothing about how the 2080ti OCs at all. Bearing in mind that the FE small OC is NOT the same as the [H] reviewers pulling out all the stops and pushing a card as far as it can go with 100% fan. Bottom line here is that it's a bit premature to make comparisons.

I'd also rather have a card that is a purpose built gaming card that I KNOW will receive driver updates for new games instead of having to use kudgey workarounds to get the best performance, as is the case for the Titan V.

I'm postulation it as a possibility since the 2080 3dmark leak was run at 2025mhz and that was barely faster than a 1080ti FE. We also know from Tom Peterson an average "top OC" is 2.13ghz, so the overclocking delta potential isn't huge, it's more under 100mhz compared to pascal.

It’s not a good deal. A 750mm^2+ die and GDDR6 is an AMAZING deal. I thought this sucker was going to be $2k+.

Oh man, you really are drinking too much of the Nvidia Koolaid.

People on this forum are hilarious. They doubt nVidia who has outperformed expectations generation after generation but when it comes to AMD who has mauled every launch they expect near top card for half the price. Then it launches +$100 more with less performance. I just think it’s funny...

whataboutism.

Oh man, you really are drinking too much of the Nvidia Koolaid.

whataboutism.

Hilarious-ism. I never used it to justify nVidia. Just curious of the logic. Sure isn’t based on history.

If Vega 64 is 510mm^2 and Titan Xp/1080ti is 471mm^2 what would you expect a 750mm^2 die to cost? The die costs per mm^2 are all the same. Yields only go down with size.

Last edited:
It’s not a good deal. A 750mm^2+ die and GDDR6 is an AMAZING deal. I thought this sucker was going to be $2k+.

People on this forum are hilarious. They doubt nVidia who has outperformed expectations generation after generation but when it comes to AMD who has mauled every launch they expect near top card for half the price. Then it launches +$100 more with less performance. I just think it’s funny...
Hilarious people, looking at a card's FPS output in relation to price, instead of its die size and memory technology.

Hilarious people!!!

I hope HardOCP ranks the cards in the next review by mm2 so we know which to buy, none of those stupid FPS/time graph thingies.

Hilarious people!!!

Shit I was hoping for a flood of cheap 1080tis

Hilarious people, looking at a card's FPS output in relation to price, instead of its die size and memory technology.

Hilarious people!!!

I hope HardOCP ranks the cards in the next review by mm2 so we know which to buy, none of those stupid FPS/time graph thingies.

Hilarious people!!!

Hey, BOM cost is a real thing. I also touched on performance in the OP that was quoted but just ignore that too.

Most people aren’t comparing performance or actual costs, they are comparing a name and their feels.

Hey, BOM cost is a real thing. I also touched on performance in the OP that was quoted but just ignore that too.

Most people aren’t comparing performance or actual costs, they are comparing a name and their feels.

I don't give a shit what it costs Nvidia to produce. They can offer a product at any price they want, but don't expect me to jump through hoops to buy it if I think it is unreasonably priced.

And I suppose you would include yourself in the "name and feels" category as you have done nothing but praise the 2080 series with no actual performance data other than a random Nvidia graph with their magic DLSS technology.

Finally you are starting to get it. Freudian slip perhaps.

I hope you're right, but I'm not going to be as disappointed if you're wrong as you will be :p (or if the supporting game list is small).

FFS dude wait for reviews and let the numbers speak for themselves. Unless you work for nvidia there's no need to make up all these reasons the 20 series is a great deal.

FFS dude wait for reviews and let the numbers speak for themselves. Unless you work for nvidia there's no need to make up all these reasons the 20 series is a great deal.
He was never saying how it was a great deal, just that the increase in cost is understandable due to the size of the chip. Yes, it may not matter to most people, but it does matter to the manufacturer and if they want to keep profit margins the same as the smaller chip from the prior generation.

He was never saying how it was a great deal, just that the increase in cost is understandable due to the size of the chip. Yes, it may not matter to most people, but it does matter to the manufacturer and if they want to keep profit margins the same as the smaller chip from the prior generation.

Actually no consumer gives a damn what it costs to make, that is the problem for the manufacturer. Detroit can build nice cars for 60k but that is not where most people are looking to buy a car at so they have to keep that in mind when manufacturing cars. Nvidia will find the luxury video card market is smaller then they think and unless your running 4k or a older generation card your likely not feeling the need to upgrade. I think Nvidia is doing more harm to itself then anyone else with these high prices, will see if it changed when the 1000 series cards clear out.

Actually no consumer gives a damn what it costs to make, that is the problem for the manufacturer. Detroit can build nice cars for 60k but that is not where most people are looking to buy a car at so they have to keep that in mind when manufacturing cars. Nvidia will find the luxury video card market is smaller then they think and unless your running 4k or a older generation card your likely not feeling the need to upgrade. I think Nvidia is doing more harm to itself then anyone else with these high prices, will see if it changed when the 1000 series cards clear out.

I am a consumer and I care. It factors into resale in an indirect way.

I think that market segment is bigger than you think. I heard the same chatter over the 970 segment and they sold millions a month.

I think that market segment is bigger than you think. I heard the same chatter over the 970 segment and they sold millions a month.
It sure has helped AMD a lot to have larger dies.

It sure has helped AMD a lot to have larger dies.

You could say nVidia took a gamble. They determined that this route is better than just adding 50% more CUDA cores.

Personally I would have preferred the CUDA cores.

I think there's plenty of chastisement going around. It's certainly not one-sided. If anything I see it the opposite - folks (prudently) deciding that the value equation doesn't make sense for them calling into question the sense of folks deciding to purchase now. Don't think I've seen too much to the contrary (outside of folks trying to defend their extravagant purchase).

I think about price/performance this way; we USED to get new cards for the SAME price as the previous gen, that performed 50%+ better because advances in technology allowed better performance for the same cost. Same thing with processors, RAM, etc.

Trying to equate performance increase to an increase in price between generations just doesn't make sense to me. It's not as if the pricing can just continue to rise infinitely and people will still buy them.

Its not, here ya go from the Steam Hardware survey. So if you look below the 3 cards releasing are 8.45% of the market and the lower end of the market here is 27.35%, or over 3 times bigger. Like I said most of the market is buying a 1060 or lower, very few spend over 400 bucks on a video card. https://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/videocard/

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti ---1.50%

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 --- 2.80%

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 --- 4.15%

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 --- 13.76%

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti --- 8.74%

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 --- 4.85%

Last edited:
A lot of pricing being talked about on used video cards. Yes it is possible to get a low priced USED video card.. as people are talking about BUT... as far as of this posting no one has stated that did they got a fully retailed boxed version or just the card. Did the prices being quote included tax??? How about shipping??? The the biggest elephants in the room are... a HOW OLD IS THE VIDEO CARD and WAS IT USED IN MINING??? Yea.... you ARE getting what you are paying far.

I data mine information (for my clients because I'm well off and need something to do beside drinking my beer and laughing at all of the people getting stuck in rush hour) on pricing on video cards as well listen to my contacts. Pricing on new and used video cards have flat line and considering that Nvidia as officially stated that the 10 series cards will be produced for the foreseeable future (2019 people) prices on these cards are not going to just drop suddenly. It will be a slow.. and painful process as NVidia (and their partners) are going to squeeze as much profit as they can.

That is why I purchased a 4 month old... fully retailed 1070 video card (EVGA SUPERCLOCKED 1070) WITH tax and SHIPPING for the total amount of $240, which is 63% of its launch price. THIS is the correct percentage amount to purchase a fully used retailed video card that included Tax and shipping. This is what cards are supposed to be costing us consumers, BUT the Fucking Greed of the monopoly of Nvidia (and partners) has decided that there are enough sheeple out there that will buy their 2 year old technology close to MSRP of their launch.

Overall as of this posting, unless you are extremely lucky. You are NOT going to get a deal. As I have stated before I am NOT going to be spending on a new, fully retailed 10 series video card that is only 10 to 15% off MSRP that was launched 2 years ago. I've got disposable income that I can spend because of my money making money (it's called quarterly dividends). With the money I've saved with my most recent video card purchase I'm going to upgrade my monitor (got a qnix2710.. its going on my back up rig). I'm looking at the Pixio series of monitors for now.

I've dealt with a lot of assholes in my life and namely they all are in fortune 500 companies as well as good o' Silcon Valley. They are always trying to get something out of you and after awhile you get to pick up on the bullshit being thrown out by management.

Jetsun pretty much "forked tongued" about the prices of the RTX cards doing a song an dance on performance, then Nvidia trying to state that the prices are that high because of the Technological Leap forehead.

Well Mr. CEO... You can talk to the hand because I do not have "Idiot" stapled to my forehead.

Right now The 900 series cards are fine. If you already bought a 10 series card you don't need to upgrade... Not right now... wait a few months when things settle down.

Spend wisely. Don't give in to the frustration of getting something new for yourself because of the prices going down to what they started out 2 years ago. Everything is being priced to NOT give you real value at this moment. If you are going to spend then you better be diligent and be checking on all of your sites that you look for pricing. Maybe you might get that video card at that you are looking for, but that is how you have to do it.

Again... Here are the pricing on new video cards and again you will see how flat lined things are

https://pcpartpicker.com/trends/price/video-card/

THIS is the correct percentage amount to purchase a fully used retailed video card that included Tax and shipping. This is what cards are supposed to be costing us consumers, BUT the Fucking Greed of the monopoly of Nvidia (and partners) has decided that there are enough sheeple out there that will buy their 2 year old technology close to MSRP of their launch.

Overall as of this posting, unless you are extremely lucky. You are NOT going to get a deal. As I have stated before I am NOT going to be spending on a new, fully retailed 10 series video card that is only 10 to 15% off MSRP that was launched 2 years ago. I've got disposable income that I can spend because of my money making money (it's called quarterly dividends). With the money I've saved with my most recent video card purchase I'm going to upgrade my monitor (got a qnix2710.. its going on my back up rig). I'm looking at the Pixio series of monitors for now.

I've dealt with a lot of assholes in my life and namely they all are in fortune 500 companies as well as good o' Silcon Valley. They are always trying to get something out of you and after awhile you get to pick up on the bullshit being thrown out by management.

Jetsun pretty much "forked tongued" about the prices of the RTX cards doing a song an dance on performance, then Nvidia trying to state that the prices are that high because of the Technological Leap forehead.

Well Mr. CEO... You can talk to the hand because I do not have "Idiot" stapled to my forehead.

Agreed that video cards should be cheaper, but you know, things are priced for a reason. No one stopping you getting 1060/2070 to 2080ti.
Much like Apple can sell a phone for 1.1k, or Chanel could sell you a bag for 3k, or a BMW for 100k where there are much cheaper options. There are different budget and items to suit different people lifestyle.
1.1k is affordable for me as a 3 year investment to replace my 980ti. At $30 per month, it is cheaper than cable TV, and you could still sell it off at probably 30% of the cost price.

There are assholes everywhere, not just in Fortune 500 companies :D

Its not, here ya go from the Steam Hardware survey. So if you look below the 3 cards releasing are 8.45% of the market and the lower end of the market here is 27.35%, or over 3 times bigger. Like I said most of the market is buying a 1060 or lower, very few spend over 400 bucks on a video card. https://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/videocard/

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti ---1.50%

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 --- 2.80%

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 --- 4.15%

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 --- 13.76%

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti --- 8.74%

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 --- 4.85%

By revenue the markets are basically the same. By gross margin halo products generally have a higher %.

You pretty much proved my point that this segment isn’t small. Do the math, it’s around 1/3 to half their revenue and I think it’ll be more this go around.

Last edited:
By revenue the markets are basically the same. By gross margin halo products generally have a higher %.

You pretty much proved my point that this segment isn’t small. Do the math, it’s around 1/3 to half their revenue and I think it’ll be more this go around.

It wont even come close to outselling Pascal and they know it and are trying to inflate the price to compensate.

I know it's still early but if DLSS is supported in every game that matters from here on out, then these types of results are basically only useful for old games.

I'd rather have a card that's 30% faster in regular games + 100% faster with DLSS than 50-60% faster and no DLSS at all. The way we analyze GPU performance is [potentially] going to be fundamentally different after this.

we don't know at what resolution dlss plays the greatest role. If I had to bet my money the largest difference you will see will be in 4k resolution.

we don't know at what resolution dlss plays the greatest role. If I had to bet my money the largest difference you will see will be in 4k resolution.

well yeah since its using 1080 render to start with

Hilarious people!!!

Hilarious people!!!

AMD should make a 900mm^2 GPU full of huge NOT gates and then go back to their usual 250-500mm^2.

They'll forever haz the best gPU!!! How can nViDiA hope to compete?most highest end evar

Back