League of Legends -- how many [H] regulars?

Morde sure can be a powerhouse. He's a really weird character. If you're not doing well, he'll suck all game. If you're owning and play your cards right, you could win all by your lonesome.

Had a guy go afk last night and won 2 vs 3. Had twice as much gold as anyone else in the match at 19.3k.

So much fun--ended with a 16-2 record. woo

Taric is the new op. I won 7 matches in a row with him where i was able to solo the enemy teams jungler and adc at the same time. He is a horrifying monster. The changes they made to him are crazy and I cannot iterate enough how overpowered he is right now. I completely ignored MR and usually ended up with 300+ armor before 20 minutes.

What kind of build you got going on with him?

start with relic shield, ward and a pot and sweeping lense. Use armor/mr/gold/10 runes. Defense masteries and enough in utility for gold/10.

Build face of the mountain followed by sightstone.

t1 boots and then start building frozen heart.

build randuins then whatever you feel like.

edit: also most teams are heavily stacked towards being AD only which means if you build straight armor you are damn near unkillable. and weaving autos in with your spells lets you become a stun every 3 seconds with almost a permanent -70 armor to all enemies.

Last edited:
Damn, Taric is always my goto support, but haven't been playing much lately. Gonna have to give this a try!

Another 3 wins on my taric streak. Brings the total to 12 taric wins in a row. the time for me to climb diamond is nigh! Diamond V series starts tomorrow.

had two losses with Taric night. He didn't really seem too OP maybe you are just good with him.

He is very tanky but his damage just isn't there.

had two losses with Taric night. He didn't really seem too OP maybe you are just good with him.

He is very tanky but his damage just isn't there.

you don't need to have damage, and the amount that you have is significant enough. The combination of frozen heart and randuins means that no one in their right mind should target you. This reduces their teams overall dps pretty well, then your role is peel for your carry and be as disruptive as possible. Taric has always had decent burst with ult/shatter; but with the gold and armor changes you can 1v1 pretty much any ad based champ. I had a round last night where I migrated top and killed Rengar in a 1v1.

lol, that isn't how it works for me. When a support is OP; I ride the wave and gain lots of elo. Thresh was my ticket to diamond.

lucky duck.

Whenever i get good at a new champ and win a lot, it's inevitable that i'll face a ton of retarded comps in a row and tank my elo back down.

lucky duck.

Whenever i get good at a new champ and win a lot, it's inevitable that i'll face a ton of retarded comps in a row and tank my elo back down.

Yeah that doesn't really happen for me. Thresh took me from Gold 1 to Diamond V series twice.

Grumble. Been wanting to play a Twisted Fate for a while since I haven't seen him much lately. Three freaking games in a row I get matched with an LeBlanc mid. One was even a draft pick where they picked a brand so I figure ok I can do alright vs a Brand, not great perhaps but ok. NOPE Brand is support they pick a Leblanc next as their last pick. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU. I hadn't seen a Leblanc before this in more than a month of playing.

I've been a big Mordekieser fan for a long time, I love playing him because many people don't know or get him, and so they back off or play cautious around you. If the cards fall right he can really dominate, too.

I had a guy I used to duo with a lot (but he stopped playing LoL a year or so ago) that mained morde, he dominated almost any game he was in with him.

Mainly because he didn't just go straight up AP morde (like most people do these days). He would get tanky items as well as some AP items.

Once he got a full build he was near unstoppable because of his tankiness + dmg and ghost.

Warwick top is one of my favorites, people always understimate his power and lane potential.

He is so strong against the current "banned" champions like Riven, Nasus, etc. Mainly because most of his dmg is magic-dmg but also because he has great healing and can trade with them.

Always start with Doran's Ring in lane, rush to Sorc boots, then get Blade of the Ruined King and from there build what your team needs, tanky = Sunfire cape and spirit visage, dps = Hydra/Bloodthirster, etc.

Yeah that doesn't really happen for me. Thresh took me from Gold 1 to Diamond V series twice.

Update: I finally lost as Taric. Goddamn fiddlesticks on the other team carried his team so hard. This was not before I reached Diamond IV and now I will continue my climb.

learning new champs sucks. Went 6-15 with Miss fortune, which included the obligatory turret of obscenities. Next round played hammer and went 17-4.

learning new champs sucks. Went 6-15 with Miss fortune, which included the obligatory turret of obscenities. Next round played hammer and went 17-4.

yea it is what it is. At least when I'm learning a new champ i'm having fun playing with shit and figuring it out so i care a lot less whether i win or lose.

Yeah learning curve on certain champions is pretty steep and some of us(like me) have a hard time adjusting from one play style to another. I tried LeBlanc the other night and lets just say I won't be doing it again for a while. Of course it doesn't help when every lane fails, jungle gets blue taken by bot and as a mid you don't get your first blue until 26 minutes in. . .

yea it is what it is. At least when I'm learning a new champ i'm having fun playing with shit and figuring it out so i care a lot less whether i win or lose.

I have fun learning a new champ when it is an even match. When you can't even 5v2 the other team then I start getting frustrated. . .

I always have fun with this game win or lose...I actually think I like to lose more or at least I like to be behind. Getting First blood, then winning the lanes, then winning the game is just kind of boring when compared to a nail biting close game.

I have had some crazy turnarounds. One game the other team got like 10 kills in a row and two turrets then grouped up. Once they grouped up they pretty much stopped farming. We held them off in mid with 3 people and 2 other people farmed jungle and lanes and in like 10 minutes we completely overpowered them and won the game with like 21 Kills us and 40+ kills them. These are the kind of games I find most enjoyable.

I always have fun with this game win or lose...I actually think I like to lose more or at least I like to be behind. Getting First blood, then winning the lanes, then winning the game is just kind of boring when compared to a nail biting close game.

I have had some crazy turnarounds. One game the other team got like 10 kills in a row and two turrets then grouped up. Once they grouped up they pretty much stopped farming. We held them off in mid with 3 people and 2 other people farmed jungle and lanes and in like 10 minutes we completely overpowered them and won the game with like 21 Kills us and 40+ kills them. These are the kind of games I find most enjoyable.

Totally agree. Nothing better than a solid comeback.

So I love the new snowdown showdown 2v2 stuff. My buddy and I have been banning the first three champs alphabetically and then randoming. Doing pretty well with it. We got lucky and randomed a kidnap comp... so much fun (Blitz and Thresh)

So I love the new snowdown showdown 2v2 stuff. My buddy and I have been banning the first three champs alphabetically and then randoming. Doing pretty well with it. We got lucky and randomed a kidnap comp... so much fun (Blitz and Thresh)
I don't really like it. It focuses to much on beginning excellence vs mid/lategame nonsense.

Of course, i didn't really know what i was doing when i was playing it.

6LCXUW6.png

I need to gift 3 things to get the badge for santa gragas.

Add me to friends if you wanna help me and you get a free skin/champ

Also Need a good partner, Silver or higher for 2v2 snowdown badge, win 3 in a row

Added you, I'm always looking for someone to duo with, added you.

Also you don't have to win 3 in a row, just 3 wins on the howling abyss (which can be don't in aram single queue), and just one match with a premade team or duo for the other badge.

Its really fun I like it to. It usually comes down to who fucks up first.

UPDATE: I have come down with a case of the bad... I seriously can't seem to do anything right in this game right now. I have had a series of games where I have just played atrociously. I need a break.

I am not a fan of it. You spend more time in matchmaking than you do in game sometimes. . . I just feel it needs something to spice it up. Like maybe starting at level 6 with no gold or something.

I need to gift 3 things to get the badge for santa gragas.

Add me to friends if you wanna help me and you get a free skin/champ

Also Need a good partner, Silver or higher for 2v2 snowdown badge, win 3 in a row

I will add you tonight. Don't really need more skins/champs but always looking for more people to play with. Just hit Gold this past weekend and now it is on to Diamond!!! I need to start moving up since most of the people I play with are Plat :p

I will add you tonight. Don't really need more skins/champs but always looking for more people to play with. Just hit Gold this past weekend and now it is on to Diamond!!! I need to start moving up since most of the people I play with are Plat :p

Congrats man!

I don't really like it. It focuses to much on beginning excellence vs mid/lategame nonsense.

Of course, i didn't really know what i was doing when i was playing it.

I found darius to be a fantastic close ranger for 2 v 2. Won about 8 in a row with Darius and Dinger. Though I don't know how good you'd do with just close range.

Poppy also works well you just have slow role it a bit and focus on killing them and not getting the 100 minion kills.

I started playing in Mid November and here it is Mid December and I'm at level 29. I'm told that is pretty fast leveling.

I found darius to be a fantastic close ranger for 2 v 2. Won about 8 in a row with Darius and Dinger. Though I don't know how good you'd do with just close range.

Poppy also works well you just have slow role it a bit and focus on killing them and not getting the 100 minion kills.

I started playing in Mid November and here it is Mid December and I'm at level 29. I'm told that is pretty fast leveling.

That is incredibly fast leveling lol.

I'd like the snowdown showdown to start at level 18 with unlimited gold.

Remove the minion slaying stuff and that would be interesting.

That is incredibly fast leveling lol.

I'd like the snowdown showdown to start at level 18 with unlimited gold.

Remove the minion slaying stuff and that would be interesting.

I wouldn't mind seeing this. . . Make it first tower wins, level 18 with unlimited gold to start and no death timer but no boots.

God damn I really like this game...but I have just about had it with the other people who play this game.

I just hit level 30 and decided to give ranked a shot hoping the quality of player and the amount of AFK's would decrees. Out of 4 games I am now 2 - 2 not terrible except of the the fact that every game....and I mean EVERY game had an AFK on my team. So 4 games of 4 v 5 and my team won twice.

All I ask for is an entire game without an AFK. I don't even care if you go 0 - 10 - 0 as long as you don't go AFK.

Riot really needs to do something to reduce the impact of AFK. Shit I'd be perfectly ok with a 7 day ban. I have AFK'ed a total of 0 times in the nearly 2 months I have been playing.

God damn I really like this game...but I have just about had it with the other people who play this game.

I just hit level 30 and decided to give ranked a shot hoping the quality of player and the amount of AFK's would decrees. Out of 4 games I am now 2 - 2 not terrible except of the the fact that every game....and I mean EVERY game had an AFK on my team. So 4 games of 4 v 5 and my team won twice.

All I ask for is an entire game without an AFK. I don't even care if you go 0 - 10 - 0 as long as you don't go AFK.

Riot really needs to do something to reduce the impact of AFK. Shit I'd be perfectly ok with a 7 day ban. I have AFK'ed a total of 0 times in the nearly 2 months I have been playing.

My ideas for afk teammates:
Nonranked:
If a player has been afk for longer than 5 minutes it allows a team to surrender immediately instead of having to wait until the timer. If team surrenders afk player gets a progressively higher ban after each occurrence.
Ranked:
Same as nonranked except it is an automatic game cancellation with the afk'er getting a progressively higher "ranked" gameplay ban and takes elo loss greater than normal. Rest of the team have no elo affected. If it happens more than x amount in a set time he is banned from ranked for the season.

TBH though I have had to go afk before. Life isn't always forgiving of video games and you can't always predict what is going to happen. For example one time I got a phone call late at night unexpected for a job interview. Plus having a 2 year old is hard on gaming too. I don't necessarily support huge penalties to the offending party but I think they need to make it easier on the rest of the players.

Ohhhh they could create a game mode called AFK play. . . You queue up to take the place of a player that has been afk for more than 3 minutes. If you place is taken you get booted. That would be kinda cool.

My ideas for afk teammates:
Nonranked:
If a player has been afk for longer than 5 minutes it allows a team to surrender immediately instead of having to wait until the timer. If team surrenders afk player gets a progressively higher ban after each occurrence.
Ranked:
Same as nonranked except it is an automatic game cancellation with the afk'er getting a progressively higher "ranked" gameplay ban and takes elo loss greater than normal. Rest of the team have no elo affected. If it happens more than x amount in a set time he is banned from ranked for the season.

TBH though I have had to go afk before. Life isn't always forgiving of video games and you can't always predict what is going to happen. For example one time I got a phone call late at night unexpected for a job interview. Plus having a 2 year old is hard on gaming too. I don't necessarily support huge penalties to the offending party but I think they need to make it easier on the rest of the players.

Ohhhh they could create a game mode called AFK play. . . You queue up to take the place of a player that has been afk for more than 3 minutes. If you place is taken you get booted. That would be kinda cool.

AFK bans and effects do get progressively worse already. Just as quitting the game progressively extends your wait time to start a new game.

The idea for the AFK game mode is interesting, but not sure who would want to sit in queue to play a game where they already have an AFK and are probably losing. Perhaps if they gave some kind of award or extra IP for it. Maybe even offer some RP for playing the AFK mode. In addition it would take quite a bit of work coding that solution, because you would have to actually be looking for AFK players and boot them out of the game to let other players come in.

I couldn't disagree more. I think the Snowdown is just a horrible platform as it is. You have all that setup and ban/draft time to play a game that takes about as much time as it did to ban/draft in the first place. I would rather it have a time limit and keep track of your Champ kills/ min kills/ turret kills. Then the team with the best overall score at the end of the time period wins.

The idea for the AFK game mode is interesting, but not sure who would want to sit in queue to play a game where they already have an AFK and are probably losing. Perhaps if they gave some kind of award or extra IP for it. Maybe even offer some RP for playing the AFK mode. In addition it would take quite a bit of work coding that solution, because you would have to actually be looking for AFK players and boot them out of the game to let other players come in.

I would probably only play the AFK game mode if that were the case. I used to play full random threes and a number of other random game modes in ranked. (We'd afk during bans and picks then figure our shit out once we had champs.) I would love to drop in on some bronze to gold ranked matches and just drop the hammer.

Back