League of Legends -- how many [H] regulars?

Fizz is great

And I heard someone say hes OP earlier, thats not the case. I agreed with Phreak's spotlight when he said that Fizz completely relies on reflexes, and thats totally true.

His E ability doesnt get you that far and if you dont time it right, you cant evade hits, but if your reflexes are good enough and you can time it, than you can do some cool stuff with it, but again, that just goes with a smart player in total!

Play smart and you can use Fizz well, play smart and you can defeat Fizz well. Hes not OP. Just needs to have a good balance on both teams and he will be the same as all others.

MY BIGGEST complaint about the patch is that, look, Graves was already de-buffed the patch before, and they de-buffed him even more this patch. Thank you RIOT for actually ruining an okay character. I understand a little de-buff because he was nasty when he first came out, but now hes just terrible and almost un-playable.

So is Orianna (used to be my favorite champ, now zero reason to choose her), so is Vladimir, so are several others... Riot is terrible at balancing, they just rotate through flavors of the month (or lately, week).

So is Orianna (used to be my favorite champ, now zero reason to choose her), so is Vladimir, so are several others... Riot is terrible at balancing, they just rotate through flavors of the month (or lately, week).

Which is unfortunate. Skarner is the only real balanced character I use at this time now. And even though I enjoy Fizz, that will be shortlived when the next patch comes out and they completely destory ANY usability for him. They should listen more to the community, especially there core users in the actual leagues and get their feedback before cutting champs heads off in mid stride.

Quadra Kill Teemo FTW last night.

Build was berserkers boots, malady, madreds bloodrazers, warmogs, force of nature, and infinity edge.

Ended up going 17-10-18. Not too shabby I don't think.

so many people rage when you ask for teemo top, I don't know why. He's agreat solo laner and good vs a lot of the meta tops (minus garen, unless you know to STAY OUT OT HE DAMN BUSH!).

Once he hits 6 with his shrooms he can lock off hi slane pretty hard from ganking.

He needs good farm to rush malady/madreds, then he shreds people so easily.

Been playing Dota 2, so far it's ok, just needs more heroes which are being put in on a weekly basis, once there's a more solid lineup of heroes for both sides, it'll be good.

It needs some tweaking here and there, but I think it will be a better game overall than LoL.

Fizz is great

And I heard someone say hes OP earlier, thats not the case. I agreed with Phreak's spotlight when he said that Fizz completely relies on reflexes, and thats totally true.

His E ability doesnt get you that far and if you dont time it right, you cant evade hits, but if your reflexes are good enough and you can time it, than you can do some cool stuff with it, but again, that just goes with a smart player in total!

Play smart and you can use Fizz well, play smart and you can defeat Fizz well. Hes not OP. Just needs to have a good balance on both teams and he will be the same as all others.

MY BIGGEST complaint about the patch is that, look, Graves was already de-buffed the patch before, and they de-buffed him even more this patch. Thank you RIOT for actually ruining an okay character. I understand a little de-buff because he was nasty when he first came out, but now hes just terrible and almost un-playable.

Alot of people are complaining about Fizz, the only real problem I have is his ability to tower dive with no risk. Most Toons, if you tower dive you will take a tower hit, maybe 2, with Fizz, he activate his Trident Skill, Urchin strikes which is his dive, then Playful Trickster to dodge the tower hit.

This can be done solo, w/no minions and with out getting hit by the tower, even with a person hugging the back of the tower...if he has a minion wave and your low on health, you might as well not even be near the front turret. Make that playful trickster, still be hit by towers and I'm ok with Fizz.

now that ranked teams are out, anyone on EST interested in making a relatively laid back semi-casual ranked team?

Been playing Dota 2, so far it's ok, just needs more heroes which are being put in on a weekly basis, once there's a more solid lineup of heroes for both sides, it'll be good.

It needs some tweaking here and there, but I think it will be a better game overall than LoL.

Got some questions:

1. Will they have multiple maps? I can't stand the DOTA map anymore. Dominion was an awesome thing in my book, but Riot's idea for the game is quickly moving away from what i enjoy. See #2

2. Are fights longer/more strategic? I can't stand all the "stunburst" that this game is gravitating towards. Nothing but more stuns and more burst... fights that last 2 seconds as everyone just runs in and casts all their moves. Fuck that, i'm not playing World of Warcraft.

Thanks!

Not getting bursted down is all about positioning. If you watch any pro teams play many teamfights last quite a while with people getting away with very little hp.

Not getting bursted down is all about positioning. If you watch any pro teams play many teamfights last quite a while with people getting away with very little hp.

Well, yea, but that's not what i'm talking about.

I HATE YOU RIOT!!! OK so my little rant about matchmaking sucking some serious donkey ass.

Played a game with my wife and my entire team was 350 wins and less. I wasn't the lowest wins with a level 29 and 179 wins. The team they matched us up against had a lowest of 450 wins with one at 825 and one at 1022. To put it simply we were slaughtered. I don't understand how riot can see stuff like this and not understand that it is screwed up. :mad:

Got some questions:

1. Will they have multiple maps? I can't stand the DOTA map anymore. Dominion was an awesome thing in my book, but Riot's idea for the game is quickly moving away from what i enjoy. See #2

2. Are fights longer/more strategic? I can't stand all the "stunburst" that this game is gravitating towards. Nothing but more stuns and more burst... fights that last 2 seconds as everyone just runs in and casts all their moves. Fuck that, i'm not playing World of Warcraft.

Thanks!

Sorry, not sure how I missed this.

1. No, it's the same map, it is just like the Heroes of Newerth map for the most part.

2. Yes and no, just depends on the fight, class makeup, levels, a whole variety of factors, but ganking is emphasized much more in Dota 2 than it is in LoL, and it's easier to pull of ganks due to the map and how you can go through the trees and stuff to reach your target.

That's one thing it does better than LoL, you have to gank or you will lose, and towers will only protect you so much, in LoL, you could be on a tower and nobody would try to kill you unless you could be dived safely, but in Dota 2, you can dive and not get killed by the tower if you do it right. That is to say that towers are weaker in Dota 2 than you are used to in LoL.

Also, the jungle is much bigger in Dota 2.

1. No, it's the same map, it is just like the Heroes of Newerth map for the most part.

2. Yes and no, just depends on the fight, class makeup, levels, a whole variety of factors, but ganking is emphasized much more in Dota 2 than it is in LoL, and it's easier to pull of ganks due to the map and how you can go through the trees and stuff to reach your target.

That's one thing it does better than LoL, you have to gank or you will lose, and towers will only protect you so much, in LoL, you could be on a tower and nobody would try to kill you unless you could be dived safely, but in Dota 2, you can dive and not get killed by the tower if you do it right. That is to say that towers are weaker in Dota 2 than you are used to in LoL.

That doesn't sound better to me, it sounds annoying.

Yea, I'd find it better if turrets were more o fa threat. LoL turrets are a lot less of a threat then HoN/Dota turrets, they even had to bring them back up a bit (IE the armor/turret nerf from a while back, where it negated the armor dmg).

Is it going to be a free game to compete with the likes of LoL? I can't see me paying for more of the same, after having gotten it free for years.

Is it going to be a free game to compete with the likes of LoL? I can't see me paying for more of the same, after having gotten it free for years.

Pretty sure DOTA2 is going to be $50-60 up front. Don't think they're making you pay monthly though. Not sure how new champion releases will be handled... maybe multiple "tiers" like HoN does?

Pretty sure DOTA2 is going to be $50-60 up front. Don't think they're making you pay monthly though. Not sure how new champion releases will be handled... maybe multiple "tiers" like HoN does?

no shit.. wtf have they been doing which is worth that much? I remember watching one video, and within minutes i could tell "oh that's the ashe character except on a horse" and "oh there's their Malphite..."

And still the same map...

How CoD of them.

Sounds like some people never played the original Dota and don't know how many characters from Dota that LoL ripped off from with some modifications.

Sounds like some people never played the original Dota and don't know how many characters from Dota that LoL ripped off from with some modifications.

The first dota i played was a SC2 custom map, since then i have gone back to the original to check it out.

It's a no-brainer that LoL rips of DoTA... but it's also free.

So what i meant by my previous comments was this: DoTA1 was free, LoL was free, I know HoN costs but i never played it so i don't know if it brought anything new to the table.

If the dev team of DOTA2 has not been designing new characters and new maps--or most importantly new ideas to create unique and fun gameplay--what have they been doing to make their game worth the price tag?

I'm back to 'loopin snoops'.

It's nice to see all the updates & gameplay balancing.

Whole new world compared to a year ago.

I uninstalled LoL over the weekend and vowed to never play it again.

What really did it for me was that I hadn't played in a bit due to the holidays and had played some other games in the meantime. When I went back to LoL, clear headed from the vacation, I was hit square in the face with the piss poor matchmaking, obnoxious kids, and horrible controls. I said "I'm done with this." And that was that.

Later guys. /waves

What really did it for me was that I hadn't played in a bit due to the holidays and had played some other games in the meantime. When I went back to LoL, clear headed from the vacation, I was hit square in the face with the piss poor matchmaking, obnoxious kids, and horrible controls. I said "I'm done with this." And that was that.

Later guys. /waves

Hopefully will see u in DoTA2.

Unfortunate that Riot was doing so very well with alot of things and now all of the sudden, back down again. When you have a good thing, dont break it!

Hopefully will see u in DoTA2.

Unfortunate that Riot was doing so very well with alot of things and now all of the sudden, back down again. When you have a good thing, dont break it!

You probably will. I like the MOBA style game. I just can't handle Riot's crappy implementation anymore. It was more frustrating than fun for me.

Later guys. /waves

Every time i play LoL, i am tempted to do this... but i have no other PvP game atm, so alas i'm stuck with it :(

Every time i play LoL, i am tempted to do this... but i have no other PvP game atm, so alas i'm stuck with it :(

One of my friends and I have a similar running joke. We'll go on a 3 game winning streak, then a 6+ game losing streak and by the end of the day we're both yelling "I'm never playing this shit again" and "We need a new game I hate this shit" across the house. Of course, we're back at it eventually... sometimes the next day. :(

One of my friends and I have a similar running joke. We'll go on a 3 game winning streak, then a 6+ game losing streak and by the end of the day we're both yelling "I'm never playing this shit again" and "We need a new game I hate this shit" across the house. Of course, we're back at it eventually... sometimes the next day. :(

I'm extremely stubborn. Chances of me changing my mind are very slim.

what do you guys think minimum specs for 30fps would be on a laptop

The game runs on Adobe Air, so I'd imagine a 6750m or 540m should be more than fine maybe even 6550m & 530m, I'll have to test it on my laptop, haven't done that yet. My 5870 desktop does not even spin up the fan.

The game runs on Adobe Air, so I'd imagine a 6750m or 540m should be more than fine maybe even 6550m & 530m, I'll have to test it on my laptop, haven't done that yet. My 5870 desktop does not even spin up the fan.

Only the launcher has anything to do with Air. The main game has its own thing going on. They are two separate applications.

Any dedicated video (possibly even the latest round of Intel integrated) should be able to maintain 30+ FPS at low detail settings. It's not a very demanding title. My 2510p has a "X3100" that's just about up to task if you drop resolution to 800x600 and there isn't a ton on screen (it hovers around 25-30 FPS). I'll be getting a Macbook Air (I know, I know -- got a great deal on it) with Intel HD 3000 integrated in the next few days thanks to its i5, and I imagine that should be plenty.

Last edited:

Later guys. /waves

I just tried the game yesterday and I had a similarly poor experience. I played through the tutorials, and even read the new players guide on the website. First match I join (5v5 against AI bots) and I get matched with 4 people who have 200+ ping and none of them speak English very well.

So, I spent the better part of the game listening to the others say "Kass are very noob" over and over again, never giving me any kind of legitimate help and just spouting off when I died.

I guess it would be a much different experience with some kind of voice chat and playing with people who were actually helpful and spoke the same language.

Question: Can I try the pay to play Champions in tutorial mode, or do I have to purchase them first?

I just tried the game yesterday and I had a similarly poor experience. I played through the tutorials, and even read the new players guide on the website. First match I join (5v5 against AI bots) and I get matched with 4 people who have 200+ ping and none of them speak English very well.

So, I spent the better part of the game listening to the others say "Kass are very noob" over and over again, never giving me any kind of legitimate help and just spouting off when I died.

I guess it would be a much different experience with some kind of voice chat and playing with people who were actually helpful and spoke the same language.

Question: Can I try the pay to play Champions in tutorial mode, or do I have to purchase them first?

You have to own them but you can use the Champions that are free for the week.

You have to play with people. I can't stand solo que, I always get matched with feeding brazilians and then it's GG at game start.

You have to play with people. I can't stand solo que, I always get matched with feeding brazilians and then it's GG at game start.

At this point im only playing with people I know, other team I dont care..... But I care when my team itself cant play!

I think I'm starting to get the hang of it now, but I'm still getting matched with crap players from foreign countries. If anyone wants to add me, my LoL name is JohnnieWalkerRed.

Back