League of Legends -- how many [H] regulars?

He had a few things off actually

On things that I saw that were good were the Boots of Swiftness, the Frozen Phage and the Sunfire Cape

I would have finished that Garen build with Thornmail and a few random items depending on the situation and enemies that Im up against.

Thats the difference between experienced people and people who follow cookie cutter builds. Im sure that Garen just followed some silly build isntead of changing it depending on the enemies

So, i bought ez and have been loving her in dominion. The question is, what do you Ezreal players do to take down tanks? The new madreds never seems to make much of a dent in any tank... i haven't tried last whisper. I usually go AD / AS.

edit: also, do you ever go hybrid on her? She has a lot of AP ratios... but whenever i try it feels subpar to AD/AS builds.

Meh, just won a game where the enemy Singed fed on purpose, it was lame.

I think out of all the free characters in rotation, free Singed week is the worst, about 90 percent of players who own Singed suck with him already, and those who don't own Singed? They suck too!

Meh, just won a game where the enemy Singed fed on purpose, it was lame.

I think out of all the free characters in rotation, free Singed week is the worst, about 90 percent of players who own Singed suck with him already, and those who don't own Singed? They suck too!

what?? How is it possible to suck at singed? he needs one item (ROA) and he rolls around owning everyone.

edit: okay, now that i say that--i suppose if he went attackspeed singed, he would suck.

what?? How is it possible to suck at singed? he needs one item (ROA) and he rolls around owning everyone.

edit: okay, now that i say that--i suppose if he went attackspeed singed, he would suck.

Attackspeed just about anyone but Vayne / Kog / Gangplank kinda sucks...

Trust me, it's more than possible to suck with singed. I've seriously seen like a high ratio of bad Singed players more than any other kind of character.

Eh, I'd expand that list to include Caitlyn as well. 300 raw per shot with 40%+ armor pen and an AS of 2.0 is pretty retarded. Then add madreds if the game goes that long.. Pretty much game over then.

Eh, I'd expand that list to include Caitlyn as well. 300 raw per shot with 40%+ armor pen and an AS of 2.0 is pretty retarded. Then add madreds if the game goes that long.. Pretty much game over then.

You know what's hilarious? AS Crit chance Nunu.

I like armor penetration on my melee char, I expand it to use the AP quints for even more armor penetration and I get Last Whisper.

Totally eats up people, throw that on a Black Cleaver and we're talking GG.

Generally, I find myself using 2 kinds of rune pages

For melee characters (Wukong, Jarvan, Talon, Xin Zhao, yi, etc etc etc)

3 ArP quints
9 ArP marks
9 greater resil seals (armor seals)
9 magic resist glyphs that scale as you level

For mages (i pick annie the most when forced to play a mage, cause her stun is good and she has good lane presence)

3 AP quints
9 Mpen Marks
9 Mana replenish seals
9 AP glyphs that scale as you level

I tried out Irelia, she's fucking awesome at holding top alone if you have a jungler on a team, she's a GREAT choice to pick, and she's kind of intricate to play, but she can farm all fucking day long in a solo lane.

If you have a jungler on your team, I recommend picking her and asking for top solo, you can farm all day with her. Don't focus on leveling her Q, level her E first, then the Q, but put a point in her W, then max out the Q then get W last.

With Bladesurge, you really have no excuse for not getting the farm you need. Start out with the health regen item, and a potion, carry that over to a Philosopher's Stone and a Heart of Gold on your first goback, and maybe boots if you're lucky. I have heard that movement speed quints are optimal on her, since she has a VERY high base move speed, but I don't have the IP to buy those yet, i'm about a third of the way there.

But anyway, Irelia, she's good, build a Trinity Force as your first completed item, get yourself a Sheen or Phage first, (prefer phage, personally, slow from Phage + her E which slows even more = good gank), then from there, build Randuins, Merc Treads, and then ramp it up to a Force of Nature or Warmogs, and she's ubertanky. Build Thornmail if you have to, Force of Nature against an AP heavy team, Thornmail for AD heavy.

Shit, been a while since I've written something this long. Let me know if this helps anybody.

Last edited:
write something like that for Ezreal and i'll give u a high-five!

The champ has versatility written all over him, but i just can't seem to do well if i don't rush AS / AD. Would love some input. I typically go ArP runes..

You don't need attack speed on Ezrael, repeat, you don't need Attack Speed on Ezrael. His passive gives him all the AS boost you need. But you CAN build Trinity Force which is recommended with him anyway for the mana boost, the slow, and Zeal for moving/attack speed. But with TF, you have all the attack speed you need, the rest is boosted by his passive.

For Ezrael, I tend to get Doran's Blade first. I try to buy either BF sword or Pickaxe 2nd, along with boots, but if I have to, I will go bootsless and get BF sword if I have the money.

What you want to do is max out his Q first, and his E, why his E and not his W you ask? Because his E homes in on the nearest target and does a lot of damage, which is perfect for ganks absent minions.

I go for armor pen quints, armor pen marks, greater resil seals, and I take cooldown reduction runes. (honestly when I get movement speed quints, I may switch to movement speed quints for him, he moves way too slow.)

For items, Dorans, Pickaxe/BF Sword, built Infinity Edge, Boots of Lucidity (paired with your cooldown reduction runes and your cooldown masteries). Also, Ezrael's Q has a built in cooldown where if you connect on a target with it, it reduces cooldowns by 1 second. I go for Sheen as my second item, then build a Bloodthirster or Black Cleaver. After that I try to finish Trinity Force so I can move on to higher AD items.

As far as aiming his ult goes, that's the part that really takes skill. If you choose to play smart and go into team fights last, you can really benefit by weakening them with your ult from afar, before jumping in with your Q and teleport, it will hit the NEAREST enemy, so make sure it's the weakest one.

Also note one thing, when you use Ezrael's Q, you can often get in another hit and possibly another immediately after using your Q if you're within range of using your autoattack, so that's a good bit of damage you can do.

Don't underestimate what Ezrael is capable of.

Last edited:
Just played some Skarner (to the extreme dismay of my premade team :p). Weird champion. I went for an AP/offtank setup and did decently. Still think he's a bit terrible, the Q is 100% useless and his ulti cooldown is way too long for what it gives you (it's basically singed's E but without the 20s cooldown). He doesn't do much damage, but it is amusing to drag an enemy carry through the fight to your damage dealers. :D

For Ezreal, I ALWAYS recommend getting Triforce and Black Cleaver, those are two of the Best items on Ez.

Why?

Ez's Q procs on-hit effects, so when you hit someone at long range with your Q, you'll proc both the Triforce as well as the Cleaver.

After that I build around the enemies, defense if I need it or bloodthirster if I'm doing good and no one is giving me a lot of trouble.

I see a lot of new EZ players rush Manamue, to spam his shit. I do not recommend that. Just play it smart, use your abilities when you need them and don't spam Q for last hits, use auto attacks.

Try and get your team to let you have blue (take turns iwth the caster if he wants it). Apart from that if you REALLY need some more mana, get a Chalilce. IT's a HELL of a lot cheaper and the quicker you get your Sheen/BF sword the better, you shouldn't waste all your early/mid game on rushing a manamue, it has 0 on-hit procs and EZ is just so much more damaging when you go Sheen asap.

Also when playing Ez, don't use your E all willy nilly, especially early in the lane phase. I've seen so many people try him and use E to attack, thent he other person unloads a combo on them (IE brand) and they get taken down so fast cause E is his only escape and the CD on it can be all the difference. Try and save it for use when you know you can secure the kill/chase the person or conserve it for escapes.

Just played some Skarner (to the extreme dismay of my premade team :p). Weird champion. I went for an AP/offtank setup and did decently. Still think he's a bit terrible, the Q is 100% useless and his ulti cooldown is way too long for what it gives you (it's basically singed's E but without the 20s cooldown). He doesn't do much damage, but it is amusing to drag an enemy carry through the fight to your damage dealers. :D

Skar needs a remake bad. His skills just do not work well together. You have all of these extremely close melee-range abilties, then his W, which is range nuke. He just feels very mishmatched with his moveset. They need to rework him and make him feel right.

His ult would also be 10x cooler if it actually you know, impaled people. Instead of the stupid range-based Light effect stolen from another charcter (forgot who, but it's literally the same graphic just recolored).

build was ok besides the sword of occult

He is missing atma's, he built Mallet and Sunfire, and he doesn't even have Atma's which is one of the BEST items on Garen. Every single thing that atma's gives you, armor, dmg for health, and Crit, is all the things that make Garen good.

Sunfire? It's a crappy tank item, drop it an dget thornmail for ad protection.
Mallet? Without atma's is far less useful.
Sword of the Occult? Ok but ONLY if you are being fed early on, buying it off the bat and then doing terrible? That's money that coulda been a lot better spent on something more worthwhile.

If he dropped Sunfire and SOTO, and went Mogs/Atma's, he'd have did a lot better end-game, which the HP from both Mallet/Mogs + the dmg/armor/crit of Atma's, he'd have been dishing out a hell of a lot more dmg + be harder to take down.

Last edited:

Skarner has good synergy. He isn't the most OP hero (he's not Gang, Tryn, or one of the other game ruiners) but he's strong and fun to play when you figure out how to sequence his abilities and when to use his ult.

Did my writeups help anybody?

Helping me! Thanks! Ezreal is actually one character I like using.

I'm only level 14 and reading info on upgrades & character playstyles to help out. I can kill AI chars consistently on intermediate now (no non-ai games yet), so I figure I'm making progress. Largely prefer ranged, either solo or with a good melee to push a lane.

Skarn is pretty fun when people things go your way... however he is frustrating as all hell when they arent. Take Singe's Fling, Rammus Taunt, Fiddles Terrify vs Skarner's Impale....

Singe, will usually gas, then flings you into tower range = death, not all the time but enough to make you think about running away.

Rammus will taunt, shield, bring you into tower range, then use his earthquake move which once again pretty powerful

Fiddle, silences you, then terrifies you (and your character will run randomly which usually is right towards fiddle into tower range) and the he'll do the life drain = dead

All of those moves have some big text that comes up like Taunted!, Silenced!, Stunned!....

Skarner can do a combo such as this W, E,Auto Attack, Q, R (impale), Q again (i think that can occur at least) however everytime I go to impale someone, I don't know its actually happened I see the guy not moving... then by that time its too late to drag the guy into tower range and do that 2nd Q

I've only been playing nearly daily for about a month.... and have quite a few wins (not ranked that I know of) and I normally use Talon, so Skarn is a big change for me... but even I notice that he needs a bit of rework for his skills to match a bit better.

Did my writeups help anybody?

I appreciate both your and Stiler's responses :)

I used your build Fail and went 11-1-6 in my first game in a week, VERY nukey, but without attack speed i do feel a little weird waiting for my cd's.

I only play Dominion anymore, so all y'alls comments about mana can pretty much go right out the window =P

What i'm curious about, is neither of you talk about getting a Frozen Mallet. I know you both mention going triforce, but does that slow proc enough for you? I simply couldn't believe how much i could kite multiple people when i had a frozen mallet.... it was insane. (though obviously at the cost of some dmg at that point in the game. oh i just answered my own question didn't i lol)

Dominion builds vary alot from Core builds...

Cookie Cutter builds with Talon for instance don't really work in Dominion, but a few core items do.

Infinity Edge, I go boots of Swiftness (movement 3) as opposed to Lucidity (CDR + Movement 2) and Ghostblade as my core items from there varies greatly for me sometimes I grab some lifesteal items so I can sustain, if they are going attack speed I go Frozen heart for the armor, CDR, + the slowing of there AS. I used to do a hardcore defensive + CDR at 40% build, but I like watching people get blown up, then getting the "Talon OP" (which he really isn't, his burst is just crazy.) From my experience of playing Talon main in probably over 100 games ( I wish I knew exact count) is that he's like a 55 year old man.... once he blows his load, he's looking for a nap.

I appreciate both your and Stiler's responses :)

I used your build Fail and went 11-1-6 in my first game in a week, VERY nukey, but without attack speed i do feel a little weird waiting for my cd's.

I only play Dominion anymore, so all y'alls comments about mana can pretty much go right out the window =P

What i'm curious about, is neither of you talk about getting a Frozen Mallet. I know you both mention going triforce, but does that slow proc enough for you? I simply couldn't believe how much i could kite multiple people when i had a frozen mallet.... it was insane. (though obviously at the cost of some dmg at that point in the game. oh i just answered my own question didn't i lol)

Well, Dominion and regular mode are vastly different as you already know. You're right, Sheen loses it's luster in Dominion because everyone's already stacking damage anyway, and you need damage more than you need a mana item. But remember, Ezrael does go thru mana fast.

Glad mine and Stiler's guide helped you. Stiler is a better player than me though.

Well, Dominion and regular mode are vastly different as you already know. You're right, Sheen loses it's luster in Dominion because everyone's already stacking damage anyway, and you need damage more than you need a mana item. But remember, Ezrael does go thru mana fast.

Glad mine and Stiler's guide helped you. Stiler is a better player than me though.

Yea i definitely don't mind the extra damage, and Ez is slow as fuck. I'm going to keep playing around with the tri-force, more nuke is probably better than a consistent slow.

I'll come out of the closet and say I'm slightly addicted to LoL at the moment. Started about 6 weeks ago and over the last two weeks have really gotten into it. I'm seeing how long it holds my attention without spending money on.

Anyway, I enjoy hearing what better players think on different champs. I usually run Jax out there as he's pretty straight forward although he requires a lot of good positioning in team fights it seems.

I just bought Olaf and REALLY want to like him but can't quite get my head around his role in team fights. I can lane ok with his Q and usually by level 7 or 8 have a kill or two depending on the team. But when it turns into go time I always find myself out of position in the thick of things instead of bulldozing for the carry like I think I'm suppose to with him. I'm usually going rush tri-force, boots, warmogs, then force of nature or randuin's depending on team and usually by that time my team has failed me. Any suggestions?

But anyway, Irelia, she's good, build a Trinity Force as your first completed item, get yourself a Sheen or Phage first, (prefer phage, personally, slow from Phage + her E which slows even more = good gank), then from there, build Randuins, Merc Treads, and then ramp it up to a Force of Nature or Warmogs, and she's ubertanky. Build Thornmail if you have to, Force of Nature against an AP heavy team, Thornmail for AD heavy.

This sounds helpful, will have to give it a shot!

Thanks.

edit: tried out Irelia.

HOLY CRAP she gets around quick, can unload and take damage. I think I may have a new favourite champ!

Last edited:
so a question:

how many rune pages are you given? Because it seems I can keep adding no problem...glitch?

so a question:

how many rune pages are you given? Because it seems I can keep adding no problem...glitch?

Do you mean mastery pages? you can add those np, but rune pages, you get 2 of to start out, you can buy more rune pages with IP or whatnot, it's honestly easier to just buy the bundle (costs real money tho), and you can sort your pages however you like

I'm tempted to do it, but I usually just fix my rune pages up before i go into a game, because I already know who i want to play. I also happen to own just about every champion so it hardly matters. I own all but Cass, Galio, Xerath, Skarner, Riven, and Maokai. Funny, I have no interest in the last 3 new champions lol.

It isn't a HASSLE, but yeah.

I decided to pick up 2 skins for the first time since July.

Bought Frostfire Annie and Surfer Singed

Trying to decide if I should get kog maw or wait for graves. Hmmmm.

Go ahead and get Kog'Maw, the problem with buying new characters immediately is that everyone will be playing the new character for the first few days of release, and then Riot assesses how the new character plays with what's already on the roster, and then nerfs or buffs the character based on what they see.

Better off just holding off for a bit to see whether Graves is any good or not.

FWIW, I have all but 6 champions, and I do not have the last 3 new champions (don't like) Xerath, Skarner, and Riven.

Does anyone have a problem getting stuck in queue if you go AFK on the client for a while?

Never had that glitch, I would close and restart the client.

So I've been playing Irelia for the last 8-10 games or so, and I think I'm becoming more and more proficient with her. I have to say, she is probably one of the most fun champs i've played in a long time. Move speed is incredible, and she can latch on and do some pretty serious damage.

Tons of fun, and worth every bit of the 6300 IP i spent.

I got banned for the 3rd or 4th time, I think I need a break i guess, better a forced one.

I find this a lie... my Teemo build which is AS build, is pretty intense.

2x Nashor's Tooth
2x Phantom Blades
1x Frozen Phage
1x Ninja Tabi

Never had an issue whatsoever against AD builds and most AP builds. Other times Im to fast for anyone to catch up so I never have an issue.

Back