League of Legends -- how many [H] regulars?

I do like my J4 and Teemo supports if I want to play a different support. Their burst damage is just crazy and it works against the right enemy bottom comp. If you get fed enough you can actually just carry the entire game unlike a real support.

Is Thresh any good in 3's?

I wish... I've tried to make it work a number of times. Works great against noobs but doesn't do so good against anyone worth anything. I was hoping his utility in either lane or jungle would be worth it. I really put some time in attempting ad jungle thresh... I was thinking being able to lantern either lane would be godly...

I wish... I've tried to make it work a number of times. Works great against noobs but doesn't do so good against anyone worth anything. I was hoping his utility in either lane or jungle would be worth it. I really put some time in attempting ad jungle thresh... I was thinking being able to lantern either lane would be godly...

Yea this is the conclusion I've been coming to. He's really good early and mid-game, but once ad bruisers and ad carries get their gear he just can't do anything in team fights to damage or save his team. Granted I'm new to him so I'm not very good, but he seems to consistently drop off late-game.

A shame too, because his moves are cool.

Yea this is the conclusion I've been coming to. He's really good early and mid-game, but once ad bruisers and ad carries get their gear he just can't do anything in team fights to damage or save his team. Granted I'm new to him so I'm not very good, but he seems to consistently drop off late-game.

A shame too, because his moves are cool.

I know, Thresh is my baby. I would be content to play him in every game if I could; I tried so hard to make him work in 3s. It just doesn't.

Hecarim is love. Hecarim is life. Hecarim is the best.

14lpwtt.jpg

Ok, that got old fast, done with it.
Indeed it did. My buddies and i ended up doing custom 2v2 games on the twisted treeline with this mode though (i was surprised they let you do that), and that made it a lot more enjoyable because we randomed. This mode really should have been all random.
Hecarim is love. Hecarim is life. Hecarim is the best.

Hecarim is so retarded op in this mode lol. By far the most op i've fought so far.

Indeed it did. My buddies and i ended up doing custom 2v2 games on the twisted treeline with this mode though (i was surprised they let you do that), and that made it a lot more enjoyable because we randomed. This mode really should have been all random.

Hecarim is so retarded op in this mode lol. By far the most op i've fought so far.

I think leona, Sona, soraka, ezreal, veigar are better than hecarim. Leona has endless stuns and becomes the craziest tank, Sona endless heals and dmg, same with soraka, ezreal has crazy escape, burst damage, and poke at every phase of the game, veigar played well can one shot most of the champs and becomes impossible. ADCs for the most part are under powered in this mode.

How did you die twice!? LOL... Hec is equivalent to Godmode. Nothing even slows him down.

Yea, is this a bug? We had stuns and roots and he just ignored them all.

What exactly constitutes an ADC? I always thought ez was adc, but he didn't seem to attack any faster than normal when i played him.

Yea, is this a bug? We had stuns and roots and he just ignored them all.

What exactly constitutes an ADC? I always thought ez was adc, but he didn't seem to attack any faster than normal when i played him.

I guess hes both technically. He scales off AP and AD. I believe in the current meta hes and ADC, but in ultra rapid fire hes more APC than ADC, because he can spam his spells away. I heard a very good joke today about hecarim that he looks like a helicopter.

I like to play EZ as a hybrid build. Most EZ games I finish very close to 50/50 AP/AD damage.

Sometimes I'll go all in on one side if the other team is massively stacking MR or armour, depending but that's rare.

Codes from PAX East. They expire in a couple days...

Riot Blitzcrank Codes:
WW7JT3J3A7RF9K
WWQ3GMJVVLQYYD

Arcade Hecarim Codes:
WW3RWPQPWQLG6D
WW44MFKQH7LUYK

Arg, and me away from my gaming computers today...

Thanks for posting though!

So what's the deal with liandry's torment? It claims to be a high hp killing item, but fails at its job. Imo its passive should deal attack or true damage since it builds out of ap items. Like how the blade of the ruined king deals ap damage and builds out of ad.

So does anyone build this item or is it just a piece of shit?

So what's the deal with liandry's torment? It claims to be a high hp killing item, but fails at its job. Imo its passive should deal attack or true damage since it builds out of ap items. Like how the blade of the ruined king deals ap damage and builds out of ad.

it's a pretty killer item all in all. The penetration on it and then the hp burn are great for certain champs. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense for a burst caster, but if you look at Mundo or Amumu or Soraka. It does quite a bit for them. I usually used it as one of my final items on Mundo just because you end up becoming a much more frightening damage source.

edit: Also Teemo. Because liandry's does extra damage if there is any kind of cc on that champ, shrooms become hell.

It depends on what you mean by high HP killing item. It is a great item to use against high HP characters, but its not particularly effective against high MR characters. It is pretty much a must for me with a teemo or amumu build, and I will sometimes build it with Karthus if I go Rylai's for the defile. Also it is pretty good when built alongside a Rylai's. Also with any major AP character you should be getting a Void Staff and if you are trying to create a tank killer the Void Staff is a must.

It is good against high HP characters (and even not high hp characters for certain characters, IE teemo).

However if you are playing say, a caster without any cc built in you might be better off getting more AP/Void staff instead.

I was on Cassiopeia. I had a cap, magic pen boots, liandry's torment, Rylai's, and a void staff. I'd hit their high hp targets with my main dot and it was barely touching them (they were at about 250 magic resist). It's just frustrating to have no other options to kill these targets. I thought the item was to harass high hp targets down, but since all they have to do is build MR, its kinda moot.

That's why i mentioned Blade of the Ruined King. It builds out of AD but deals magic damage, so an AD carry has a way around a tank that's building Armor. You don't have this option on a caster with this item.

IMO all %hp killing items should get a small nerf to how big the % is, but they should be true damage so they actually fulfill their role. Or Liandry's Torment should deal its damage as AD.

Or am i supposed to use the Blackfire Torch for tanks?

I was on Cassiopeia. I had a cap, magic pen boots, liandry's torment, Rylai's, and a void staff. I'd hit their high hp targets with my main dot and it was barely touching them (they were at about 250 magic resist). It's just frustrating to have no other options to kill these targets. I thought the item was to harass high hp targets down, but since all they have to do is build MR, its kinda moot.

That's why i mentioned Blade of the Ruined King. It builds out of AD but deals magic damage, so an AD carry has a way around a tank that's building Armor. You don't have this option on a caster with this item.

IMO all %hp killing items should get a small nerf to how big the % is, but they should be true damage so they actually fulfill their role. Or Liandry's Torment should deal its damage as AD.

Or am i supposed to use the Blackfire Torch for tanks?

The thing is, Blade of the Ruined King is only phys damage now and if the other team has to invest in the items to have like 300+ MR it takes to get past void staff, sorc boots, offensive masteries, and a liandry's, then chances are they have next to no armor. In a proper team comp that should be the end of it.

The thing is, Blade of the Ruined King is only phys damage now and if the other team has to invest in the items to have like 300+ MR it takes to get past void staff, sorc boots, offensive masteries, and a liandry's, then chances are they have next to no armor. In a proper team comp that should be the end of it.

^

That team was obviously building MR to use against you. 250 MR is quite a bit, especially against dot. But as Mungo said, if they are massing that much MR, then they are neglecting Armor and your ADC should be tearing them to shreds.

^

That team was obviously building MR to use against you. 250 MR is quite a bit, especially against dot. But as Mungo said, if they are massing that much MR, then they are neglecting Armor and your ADC should be tearing them to shreds.

Not to mention damage items. 250 MR cuts into your itemization quite a bit. I've played in comps where we have only AP champs and it can work but you need to invest in things like a team abyssal and soraka really solves a lot of your problems (she is all the magic pen you could dream of.)

I've been on a Soraka spree and playing with Ryze is the most fun thing I've done in a long time. Ryze gets ungodly tanky, benefits from soraka being a mana and health dispenser and deals a ton of damage. I might wanna try that out in bot lane :)

^

Yea hit the nail on the head. We came to that conclusion as well. Our only AD was Shyvanna, but she had to spend so much gold on tank items that she was barely AD.

Shyv should usually build tanky dps.

Sunfire/BOTRK/etc.

Not just pure tank nor pure ad.

Shyv should usually build tanky dps.

Sunfire/BOTRK/etc.

Not just pure tank nor pure ad.

Yea she had both of those items. Doesn't matter when they all have 250+ MR and 3000+ hp ><

We were crushing them early game (i was like 16-2) but had no pushing power and ended up losing. This got me thinking--is there a site which shows the effectiveness curves of champions? I think riot has said that they like how certain champions excel at different parts of the game... so it'd be nice to know if X character is only good early game and we need to win fast, etc.

Yea she had both of those items. Doesn't matter when they all have 250+ MR and 3000+ hp ><

We were crushing them early game (i was like 16-2) but had no pushing power and ended up losing. This got me thinking--is there a site which shows the effectiveness curves of champions? I think riot has said that they like how certain champions excel at different parts of the game... so it'd be nice to know if X character is only good early game and we need to win fast, etc.

You can check this out. But usually those that have lower AP or AD scaling fall off later game.

Shyvanna is not a very good AD character, she is a tank with AD DPS. You need a dedicated ADC to do the damage you would have needed. This is a failing when teams go all AD or all AP. The only other way to overcome it when you have an all AP team is to ditch item abilities and go for straight AP and MP, or convert some of your AP guys to AD if they have hybrid makeups.

You can check this out. But usually those that have lower AP or AD scaling fall off later game.

Shyvanna is not a very good AD character, she is a tank with AD DPS. You need a dedicated ADC to do the damage you would have needed. This is a failing when teams go all AD or all AP. The only other way to overcome it when you have an all AP team is to ditch item abilities and go for straight AP and MP, or convert some of your AP guys to AD if they have hybrid makeups.

Thanks!

As an aside, I've been still trying to make Thresh work in 3's. Sure he's not the best, but damnit he's just so much fun to play. ADC Thresh actually works surprisingly well. I really wish his AP scaling was better so i could try AP thresh too.

Thanks!

As an aside, I've been still trying to make Thresh work in 3's. Sure he's not the best, but damnit he's just so much fun to play. ADC Thresh actually works surprisingly well. I really wish his AP scaling was better so i could try AP thresh too.

AD Thresh was pimp till they crippled his range.

AD Thresh was pimp till they crippled his range.

Oh? how much longer did it used to be? That's too bad :(

Looks like i got on the Thresh train pretty late. They nerfed the soul length in half like a week after i started playing him, Why are they so mean to Thresh? :(

Oh? how much longer did it used to be? That's too bad :(

Looks like i got on the Thresh train pretty late. They nerfed the soul length in half like a week after i started playing him, Why are they so mean to Thresh? :(

Yeah, you are late to the party. I think it was 550 at one point, but I don't remember

AFK's need to start being punished a lot freaking harder or something. While I understand that sometimes real life calls I should not be getting multiple games in a row with one or more afk always on my freaking team. I am starting to get really pissed about it. In the last week I have had 3 times where 3 or more games in a row had an afk on my team. ARGHHHHH!!!!

So Braum is at the top of my list of most fun supports to play. He can get crushd by a morg support but he is still tons of fun. His passive is retardedly OP and only gets better the more team mates you have with you. Add his ult to the mix and his late game is devastating in team fights. I'm expecting a nerf to his passive but it will be a couple of weeks so that they can milk as many sells as they can for him.

So Braum is at the top of my list of most fun supports to play. He can get crushd by a morg support but he is still tons of fun. His passive is retardedly OP and only gets better the more team mates you have with you. Add his ult to the mix and his late game is devastating in team fights. I'm expecting a nerf to his passive but it will be a couple of weeks so that they can milk as many sells as they can for him.

I still haven't even fought him. Not sure wtf!

Is he not good in 3's or something?

I would think he'd be okay in 3's. He is pure tank. His passive takes 4 stacks and then you stun them. Once they are stunned you can't add any more stacks but you do bonus magic damage every hit. His basic attacks put stacks of his passive every hit and after they have one stack all team mates basic attacks add stacks. His Q is a skillshot that slows and puts a stack of his passive on the target and it does damage based off percentage of braums max hp. The slow stacks with other slows like ashes Q and its like a snare. His W jumps to an ally champ or minion and gives mr and armor to himself and the target or can just be casted on himself. His E is the shield that blocks the first projectile and then lowers damage from all following projectils. His ult is a skillshot that Knocks up all targets in the path and first one for a longer duration and leaves a crevice that slows any walking in it.

His biggest failing is the lack of dps

Back