League of Legends -- how many [H] regulars?

Actually I think I may have overlooked the biggest change of all... I imagine the AI is QQing all over the place now that their only defense is getting removed. Poor little guys and gals.

It's hard to say without the actual numbers, but I doubt the team comps will change all that much in the long run. For the short term I expect a lot of straight tanky DPS teams chaining Surge, but once the novelty wears off I think we'll be pretty close to where we are now.

Tried out some Scarner jungling tonight. First game went well, second was bad. :(

Nunu ganked me at blue, while their jungle Riven stole the other side of my jungle. I felt like I was 10min behind the entire game.

edit: flash nerf is going to suck. I think it will give high mobility champs to much of an advantage.

I notice there's a lack of chatter about Shyvana on here, are you guys less than impressed?

As far as the new girl goes, I mean, the loading and postgame screens tell me she's there, but during the game I wouldn't be able to tell. And that's having laned against them a couple of times.

I notice there's a lack of chatter about Shyvana on here, are you guys less than impressed?

I have had fun with her, but she seems a bit weird to build.

Because of her Q and things she seems geared toward hybrid atack speed build (IE wits, rageblade, triforce).

However this leaves her with:
1. No sustain (lifesteal or regen)
2. Squishy

She needs not to be squishy to make us eof her ult (which is usually good for intitating team fights if not escaping).

I has a Morgana

amxzsy.jpg

Everytime I'm on at ema that doesn't ban morg I rage a bit.

Fucking anhilates in team fights and that shield is like a free get out of jail card for anyone on her team.

Haha. I have updated new path for MAC and now have weekend with new champion. I love LOL :X

Whoa...! had a great couple games as Fiddle and teamed with Lux, great fun (well for us anyways ;) )! It was a tossup to see who got credited with the kills and who got the assist lol... Those 2 are made to work together.

Fucking anhilates in team fights and that shield is like a free get out of jail card for anyone on her team.

this didn't make sense to me either.... but i guess its supposed to read "I'm on a team"

As for the changes to flash.... I never even used it... I found I always flashed on accident when I really shouldn't have. So I always run Exhaust and Ignite. I can't always get away.... but I got a good chance of escaping during early game, mid - late game requires me to play alot safer, but by then cooldowns on the character I use allow me to be more mobile.

Not using Flash is a good way to train yourself not to fuck up with your positioning since you can't rely on a get out of jail free card in Flash :D

Been playing a ton of Yorick lately, had some good games, had some bad games. Had this one ridiculous game last night where we had one guy dc for like 15 mins (no joke!) I was top lane vs 2 others and I dominated them both, killing them both TWICE apiece, both times they tried to kill me together in the middle of the lane, but the problem was, Yorick's harrass is way too good.

I bought Meki Pendant so I could build a quick Tears, and then rush to Manamune for my first item.

Solves all of Yorick's early and late game mana problems, he scales really well with Manamume. I build up to a Frozen heart next and then try to get Atmas, then Warmog's armor. Manamune + Atmas is a good damage combo along with a Warmogs. Frozen heart makes you ultra durable while giving you more mana for your Manamune as well as reducing your cooldowns by 20 percent. I also get Spirit Visage for extra healing. Try to make Bloodthirster my last item if the game lasts that long.

I had a good lane team up the other day, me (Skarner) and a friend (Fiddlesticks) ended up totally dominating a lane between the use of my ult and his drain, we just wrecked the other team. Once we got into a team fight it became more of a pain for them, we had a morgana too so with a full stun, my drag, fear and the nastyness of fiddlesticks, we had a pretty good game.

I ended up going 8-2-15 while fiddle went 10-1-10, wasnt to bad a game at all.

Jarvan too strong, other team surrenders, it's demoralizing for them to see Jarvan be soooooooo tanky and unstoppable.

I got godlike while playing Jarvan just now, only finished 8-2-11, but other team surrendered fast.

Built frozen mallet first, then thormail, then atmas, and was ready to build warmogs.

GOOD FUCKING GAME SIRS.

A lot of people have trouble with morg and its understandable as most people are simply following the current meta when they put together a team comp. Morg how ever is a counter to the current meta in that she is very difficult to push out of lane on an ap carry, givin that any good morg player knows that their chances of actually winning a mid lane are very low they are simply content to farm until your top or jungle allows you to push their tower and destroy it.

There are a couple of ways to counter pick morg, the first and most obvious way is with a mid pick that can sustain about as well as she can. Gragas is ideal here and though he is ap his poke, passive and w allow him to play the farming game with morg as well as Harass her as she runs up to pool caster minions. Aside from this he also has a knock back and when used correctly knock backs are the hard counter to morgs ult. Janna can also work though if your in low elo I wouldnt trust a pug to mid or top on janna to spite this janna on support is a solid mid-late game counter to morgana so taking her in a match against a morg is never a bad idea.

Another very good counter to morg is urgot, this is two fold, one urgot has amazing poke and two urgot is ad. Aside from this his sheild is a very good asset against a champion with very limited burst damage.

Gangplank can also be used to good effect against her as he has a cleanse and his poke is pure ad. If you counter with him you will likely still have trouble with her early but by about 15-20 minutes you should be spanking her.

The most important thing to keep in mind when dealing with morgana is to avoid trading with her (you hit her she hits you back) Where as you may dish out slightly more damage in the trade she will simply out sustain you. This is why I put so much emphasis on poke. If your hitting her with out getting hit she will need to pool much more often making it far more difficult for her to farm as she will be burning it on less than ideal sections of minion waves or in the worst case for her, on you.

What heroes are you guys playing lately? I've been switching off between Morgana, Jarvan, Yorick, and Annie.

Hey guys, can any of you do me a favor and try to reinstall the game client?

I just built a new pc and now when I try to install the game I keep getting a "no internet connectivty" msg when trying to install it.

other people reporting this issue as well:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1463017

Just wanna make sure.

Edit - NM, it started working now.

Last edited:
Meh that'd be a bit of trouble for me :p

Wish I could help out.

Just got done with a game as Shaco after watching the Shaco spotlight, finished the game 5-0-6, and ganking was way too easy, what I like to do is set the box just behind the enemy so it triggers as he tries to escape.

I went jungle Shaco, used Smite on the big wraith first, then went to the red golem, killed it, then to the mini-golems, then went to wolves, then to mana golem. I didn't B untill I was level 7 and 2 ganks later. I also stole the enemy blue at the 7 minute mark, and from then on out, their jungle Trundle was screwed. Also, the combination of Shen's taunt + my jitb was too strong for the Gangplank our Shen was soloing against up top. It was over from that point on.

We were 9-0 at one point and we finished the game 14-3 before the 20 min surrender.

Although Stiler, why would you reinstall LoL? You can just copy the folder and migrate it to your new hard drive or whatever after a reformat. Works just fine, you don't have to actually install LoL

Meh that'd be a bit of trouble for me :p

Wish I could help out.

Just got done with a game as Shaco after watching the Shaco spotlight, finished the game 5-0-6, and ganking was way too easy, what I like to do is set the box just behind the enemy so it triggers as he tries to escape.

I went jungle Shaco, used Smite on the big wraith first, then went to the red golem, killed it, then to the mini-golems, then went to wolves, then to mana golem. I didn't B untill I was level 7 and 2 ganks later. I also stole the enemy blue at the 7 minute mark, and from then on out, their jungle Trundle was screwed. Also, the combination of Shen's taunt + my jitb was too strong for the Gangplank our Shen was soloing against up top. It was over from that point on.

We were 9-0 at one point and we finished the game 14-3 before the 20 min surrender.

you should try starting at blue, if it's safe that game.... pretty ridiculous that Shaco can get blue in ~3 seconds after it spawns with 5-6 jitbs and not take any damage except maybe one or two of the small minion fireballs

It actually seems faster to just do the wraiths then red, then golems or wraiths, golems, then red. Yes, I'm aware of how important the blue buff is, i'm just saying you level faster by being in the bottom half first.

It actually seems faster to just do the wraiths then red, then golems or wraiths, golems, then red. Yes, I'm aware of how important the blue buff is, i'm just saying you level faster by being in the bottom half first.

do you do a similar opening on wraiths with multiple jitbs? Shaco just seems ridiculously OP in the jungle if you can kill red and blue right away without any help and without it being a big time sink

No, I do not, I only use one box for the wraiths, remember, I use Smite to kill the big wraith as my FIRST kill in the Jungle, then I moved on to the red golem, then I grabbed minigolems.

It kind of makes sense to do this route, because by the time youg et to the mana golem, you are nearly out of mana, you should need only 1-2 jack in the boxes to kill the blue golem thanks to your level, then I B and grabbed movement boots.

I went with Wriggles Lantern first, then I grabbed Boots of Mobility for the ganks.

No, I do not, I only use one box for the wraiths, remember, I use Smite to kill the big wraith as my FIRST kill in the Jungle, then I moved on to the red golem, then I grabbed minigolems.

It kind of makes sense to do this route, because by the time youg et to the mana golem, you are nearly out of mana, you should need only 1-2 jack in the boxes to kill the blue golem thanks to your level, then I B and grabbed movement boots.

I went with Wriggles Lantern first, then I grabbed Boots of Mobility for the ganks.

yeah I understand wraith jungling, was just asking what you did specifically. Though I did realize something you could do is stack up 4 boxes or so in front of red and use 1 box at wraiths, once they're killed you pull red straight into your boxes and help kill it faster that way. Guess it really depends on the mana you have left and how much you need to finish golems/wolves/blue

I put 1 at wraith, 3 at red golem, 2 at mini golems, dropped a 3rd box on mini golems after killing red

I put 1 at wraith, 3 at red golem, 2 at mini golems, dropped a 3rd box on mini golems after killing red

What did you do for runes and masteries? I've been thinking about trying Shaco again now that they fixed him.

What did you do for runes and masteries? I've been thinking about trying Shaco again now that they fixed him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9m48jiVWL4&feature=player_embedded

I followed Phreak's layout here.

3x armor pen red
6x attack damage red
9x greater seal of resilence yellow
9x glyph of focus (cooldown reduction)
3x armor penetration quints

adds 5.7 attack damage, +15 armor penetration, +13 armor, and -5.89 percent cooldown reduction.

For masteries

I do 21/0/9 and I take improved smite, and the standard other 20 points in Offense

I put 9 in utility, taking 3/3 good hands, and my 1 in Utility Mastery.

i just started playing this for free and im enjoying it. It's quite fun better than starcraft 2 storm of imperial sanctum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9m48jiVWL4&feature=player_embedded

I followed Phreak's layout here.

3x armor pen red
6x attack damage red
9x greater seal of resilence yellow
9x glyph of focus (cooldown reduction)
3x armor penetration quints

adds 5.7 attack damage, +15 armor penetration, +13 armor, and -5.89 percent cooldown reduction.

For masteries

I do 21/0/9 and I take improved smite, and the standard other 20 points in Offense

I put 9 in utility, taking 3/3 good hands, and my 1 in Utility Mastery.

you would be better off taking armor pen reds, your damage on jungle creeps with your auto attack will be slightly lower but your damage on players will likely increase by 12-15 percent early on and since shacco uses his boxes as his primary damage on creeps it really doesnt make sense to take flat ad on reds. flat armor pen is generally the best choice for any ad as far as reds go as it translates much better into mid game because it allows you to invest more in to flat ad items and seriously increases your ability to gank tanky dps.

you would be better off taking armor pen reds, your damage on jungle creeps with your auto attack will be slightly lower but your damage on players will likely increase by 12-15 percent early on and since shacco uses his boxes as his primary damage on creeps it really doesnt make sense to take flat ad on reds. flat armor pen is generally the best choice for any ad as far as reds go as it translates much better into mid game because it allows you to invest more in to flat ad items and seriously increases your ability to gank tanky dps.

I'll probably go 9x Armor Pen reds because I'm too cheap to buy damage reds I'll never use for anything else. :p

When it comes to damage runes,

Armor pen > AD runes.
Magic pen > AP runes.

I think Phreak's setup is right, I'm not about to argue with 5-0-6 :p

Made my jungle pretty quick and enabled me to deal damage on my ganks.

Don't forget, Phreak's only purpose is to make Riot some sales. He even gave up the pretenses of fighting other players during his demos and does all his fights against a dummy Jarvan now. I wouldn't trust anything he says.

AD/AP helps with jungling/speed, but when it comes to damage to enemy players, armor/magic pen is more important then the small ad/ap dmg you get from flat runes like that.

Especially with magic pen, because its hard to stack magic pen aside from just a few items.

Back