League of Legends -- how many [H] regulars?

That's why you'd limit it (for only that agme mode), so it's fair and depends more on team work insted of who runs or flashes more.

But then like he said, it'd made at least half the characters completely useless. CTF just cannot work in this type of game. One team would get Mundo and win - He goes wherever he pleases.

Just started playing LoL and it seems great. I've been looking trying to find the best champion, but haven't had much luck as lots of the threads are very old. I'd be willing to spend some of those IP points to get one. Also, what runes should I go for? Masteries?

I like to play a melee class, I liked garic or whatever that you got in the tutorial didn't have mana. I really just want to play against bots. The items I go for, are the recommended ones ok?

Thanks

Just started playing LoL and it seems great. I've been looking trying to find the best champion, but haven't had much luck as lots of the threads are very old. I'd be willing to spend some of those IP points to get one. Also, what runes should I go for? Masteries?

I like to play a melee class, I liked garic or whatever that you got in the tutorial didn't have mana. I really just want to play against bots. The items I go for, are the recommended ones ok?

Thanks

I'd avoid buying any runes till you are above level 20. Just buy champs till then.

But then like he said, it'd made at least half the characters completely useless. CTF just cannot work in this type of game. One team would get Mundo and win - He goes wherever he pleases.

I'm a little bummed that they won't buff mundo because he is ultra OP in TT but not so great in SR.

Thanks

I am going on maybe 4th or 5th month of playing this game. I can tell you, I am still learning champs and builds etc. It takes a while. I would definitely not recommend buying runes till you really know the game well. Maybe get some general runes that can be good for most people, I think thats what I did. Be careful not to waste IP cause you will need every little bit. Only buy champs you like and/or are good at after playing too.

Thanks

There is no single best champion, even for just a given role ( ie dps, support, tank, etc.) I hardly ever play melee, but Xin Zhao is pretty good, trynd is still ok after the nerf, taric? is a support/tank. Garen is a pretty decent tank/offtank. Renekton is alright. Runes you can really hold off on until you find some champs your really like.

hve87p.jpg

Just got out of that game, by fire, I purged them

Ok, does anyone here wanna duo queue some ranked to try and get up to Gold rating? (1800 something elo) before the season is out?

Seems almost impossible to do outside of playing with decent arranged teams, otherwise you got leavers/afkers/feeders, etc.

If so add me, Stiler. I'm on randomly throughout the day.

Ok, does anyone here wanna duo queue some ranked to try and get up to Gold rating? (1800 something elo) before the season is out?

Seems almost impossible to do outside of playing with decent arranged teams, otherwise you got leavers/afkers/feeders, etc.

If so add me, Stiler. I'm on randomly throughout the day.

you've got quite a ways to go. I'd try to help you out, but the 1300s and 1400s are a scary place where even if you carry very hard you can lose due to shit teammates :(

I had some friends start LoL up and I was wondering what the BEST guide you have found to be most useful is. (I'd like to link them to help them learn on their own).

I really prefer the Mobafire guides. League craft is another good source. But I just personally like the layout and the way mobafire works a lot better.

A lot of the solomid guides aren't viable at lower levels of play though since people are much more aggressive / reckless.

New patch today along with new champion Skarner.... looking forward to going home and try him out, when it's back up if anyone here can give us some first impressions after playing him that would be great :)

1. Lol at Garen rebuff.
2. Nasus buff? <33
3. Morg's ult buff is very nice.
4. Interested to try Panth.

anyone have the patch notes? can't find them without hitting a blocked webpage at work, lol

Here you go.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/release-notes-v100123

Code:
New Skins in the Store

Sandscourge Skarner
Earthrune Skarner
Bloodstone Taric
PVP.net v1.41.XX

Players will now receive a popup message when they attempt to join a game lobby that is already full
Fixed a bug where Summoner icons were displaying incorrectly in chat rooms
Fixed a bug where All Random Mode in Custom Games was not correctly selecting your previously used skin for a Champion
League of Legends v1.0.0.123
Skarner, The Crystal Vanguard

Crystal Slash: Skarner lashes out with his claws, dealing physical damage to all nearby enemies and charging himself with Crystal Energy for several seconds if a unit is struck. If he casts Crystal Slash again while empowered by Crystal Energy, he deals bonus Magic Damage and slows all targets hit.
Crystalline Exoskeleton: Skarner gains a shield and while the shield persists his movement speed and attack speed are both increased.
Fracture: Skarner summons a blast of crystalline energy which deals damage to enemies struck and marks them. Any further damage dealt to marked targets by Skarner will allow him to consume the mark to heal himself.
Impale (Ultimate): Skarner suppresses an enemy champion and deals magic damage to it. During this time, Skarner can move freely and will drag his helpless victim around with him. When the effect ends, Skarner's target will be dealt additional damage.
Energize (Passive): Basic attacks lower the cooldowns of Skarner's abilities by 1 second against champions and 0.5 seconds against non-champions.
Akali

The cooldown before Akali's next Shadow Dance charge and her current stacks are now shown in the same buff
Amumu

Amumu will now attempt to attack the target after successfully pulling himself to an enemy champion with Bandage Toss
Ashe

Fixed a bug where Frost Arrow would consume mana if Ashe canceled her auto-attack early
Blitzcrank

Mana Barrier
Fixed a bug where Mana Barrier could be bypassed if the damage taken would instantly kill him
Fixed a bug where Mana Barrier would activate when the cooldown expired even if not taking damage
Fixed a bug where Power Fist failed to grant lifesteal effects
Brand

Fixed a bug where Pyroclasm would fizzle if Brand died
Caitlyn

Fixed a bug where planting a Yordle Snap Trap after a trap was recently triggered caused a previous trap to be consumed (as if you placed too many)
Cho'Gath

Fixed a bug where Cho'Gath could gain a Feast stack when the target did not die
Corki

The cooldown before Corki's next Missile Barrage charge and his current stacks are now shown in the same buff
Evelynn

Fixed a bug where Malice and Spite was healing for incorrect values
Fixed a bug where Malice and Spite's cooldown would be reset upon killing enemy clones
FiddleSticks

Basic attack projectile speed increased to 1750 from 1500
Dark Wind
Damage reduced to 65/85/105/125/145 from 65/90/115/140/165
Fixed a bug where Dark Wind would fizzle when Fiddlesticks died
Fixed a bug where Dark Wind was bouncing 4 times instead of 5
Drain ability power ratio reduced to .45 from .5
Terrify cooldown increased to 15/14/13/12/11 seconds from 14/13/12/11/10 seconds
Gangplank

Grog Soaked Blade max stacks has been reduced to 3 from 4
Cannon Barrage
Fixed a bug where Cannon Barrage would not grant gold on minion kills
Fixed a bug where Cannon Barrage's slow was not always applying consistently
Garen

Decisive Strike movement speed duration increased to 4 seconds from 3 seconds
Judgment cooldown reduced to 13/12/11/10/9 seconds from 14/13/12/11/10 seconds
Courage maximum armor and magic resistance now 25 at all ranks from 5/10/15/20/25
Heimerdinger

H28G Evolution Turret
Heimerdinger will now place Frost Turrets if he places a turret while UPGRADE!!! is active
Fixed a bug where turrets could be moved by Crystallize, Pillar of Filth, and Cataclysm
Irelia

Irelia will now attempt to attack the target after dashing to an enemy champion with Bladesurge
Jarvan IV

Cataclysm
Jarvan will no longer follow the target while he is in the air during Cataclysm
Cataclysm will now create the ring of terrain regardless of whether the enemy can be targeted or not
Cataclysm will now be slightly more likely to push targets that the ring lands on into the center rather than out
Fixed a bug where Cataclysm could be interrupted by movement displacing abilities such as Crystallize or Pillar of Filth
Fixed a bug where Dragon Strike reduced the target's base armor rather than total armor
Jax

Jax will now attempt to attack after Leap Striking if the target is an enemy champion
Fixed a bug where Jax's attacks could not be dodged
The cooldown before Karma's next Mantra charge and her current stacks are now shown in the same buff
Katarina

Katarina will now attempt to attack the target after teleporting to an enemy champion with Shunpo
Kayle

Holy Fervor
Armor and magic resistance shred increased to 3% from 2%
Fixed a bug where Holy Fervor was shredding the target's base armor and magic resistance rather than total armor and magic resistance
Kennen

Thundering Shuriken ability power ratio increased to .75 from .66
Lightning Rush
Energy cost adjusted to 100/95/90/85/80 from 100 at all levels
Ability power ratio increased to .6 from .55
Kog'Maw

Updated Living Artillery's reveal particle effect
Lee Sin

Lee Sin will now attempt to attack the target after dashing to a champion with Resonating Strike
Leona

Shield of Daybreak cooldown reduced to 11/10/9/8/7 seconds from 12/11/10/9/8 seconds
Zenith Blade
Mana cost reduce to 60 at all ranks from 60/65/70/75/80
Particle adjusted to more accurately reflect the area of effect (actual area of effect unchanged)
Leona will now attempt to attack the target if she uses Zenith Blade to jump to a target
Solar Flare cooldown reduced to 90/75/60 seconds from 105/90/75 seconds
Fixed a bug where Eclipse would break enemy spell shields on activation
Lux

Updated Lux's autoattack to feel more responsive and increased its missile speed
Light Binding cooldown reduced to 15/14/13/12/11 seconds from 16/15/14/13/12 seconds
Malphite

Brutal Strikes mana cost reduced to 50/55/60/65/70 from 55/60/65/70/75
Ground Slam
Radius increased to 400 from 350
Mana cost reduced to 50/55/60/65/70 from 60/65/70/75/80
Fixed a bug where Unstoppable Force sometimes failed to pass through Crystallize, Pillar of Filth, and Cataclysm
Maokai

Maokai will now attempt to attack after using Twisted Advance if the target is a champion
Master Yi

Alpha Strike
Master Yi can now use Wuju Style and Highlander while Alpha Strike is active
Master Yi will now attempt to attack the target after using Alpha Strike to teleport to a champion
Mordekaiser

Fixed a bug where Mace of Spades was providing the diminished Spell Vamp effect even if used against a single target
Fixed a bug where Children of the Grave would fail to clone targets if they were nontargetable when they died (Sanguine Pool, Alpha Strike, etc)
Fixed a bug where Children of the Grave could clone a clone
Morgana

Updated Morgana's autoattack to feel more responsive and increased its missile speed
Base movement speed increased to 310 from 300
Dark Binding cooldown reduced to 11 seconds from 12 seconds.
Tormented Soil mana cost reduced to 70/85/100/115/130 from 70/90/110/130/150
Soul Shackles
Stun duration adjusted to 1.5 at all ranks from 1/1.5/2
Cooldown reduced to 120/110/100 seconds from 120 seconds at all ranks
Shackle activation time reduced to 3 seconds from 4 seconds
Nasus

Attack range increased to 125 from 110
Soul Eater lifesteal increased at earlier levels to 14/17/20% from 10/15/20%
Wither
Cooldown reduced to 15/14/13/12/11 seconds from 15 seconds at all ranks
Mana cost reduced to 80 from 100
Wither will now reach its max slow even if its duration is reduced (ie: by tenacity)
Spirit Fire
No longer has a 0.5 second delay before taking effect
Now deals half of its damage initially and the other half over the duration -- initial 55/95/135/175/215 (+0.6 ability power) Magic Damage and 11/19/27/35/43 (+0.12 ability power) Magic Damage each second for the next 5 seconds
Fixed a bug where Siphoning Strike sometimes gained extra lifesteal
Nidalee

Bushwhack
Updated Bushwhack's reveal particle effect
Fixed a bug where Bushwhack was reducing the target's base armor and magic resistance rather than total armor and magic resistance
Nocturne

Paranoia
Nocturne will now attempt to attack the target after using Paranoia
Paranoia no longer grants assists for limiting enemy vision
Pantheon

Heartseeker Strike
Now does a better job of hitting targets on top of Pantheon
Damage increased to 13/23/33/43/53 from 4/6/8/10/12
Scaling adjusted to a .6 bonus Attack Damage ratio from a .2/.25/.3/.35/.4 total Attack Damage ratio
Now fires 3 strikes instead of 5
Cooldown reduced to 10/9/8/7/6 seconds from 18/17/16/15/14 seconds
Mana cost reduced to 45/50/55/60/65 from 70 at all ranks
Channel duration reduced to .75 seconds from 1.8 seconds
Spear Shot
Damage increased to 65/105/145/185/225 from 16/28/40/52/64
Now scales off of a 1.4 bonus Attack Damage ratio from a 1/1.15/1.3/1.45/1.6 total Attack Damage ratio
Certain Death now causes Spear Shot to critically strike for 1.5x damage
Aegis of Zeonia
Cooldown adjusted to 13/12/11/10/9 seconds from 12 seconds at all levels
Stun duration adjusted to 1 second from .7/.9/1.1/1.3/1.5
Pantheon will now attempt to attack the target after using Aegis of Zeonia
Grand Skyfall
Jump channel time reduced to 2 seconds from 3 seconds
Land time reduced to 1.5 seconds from 2 seconds
Edge damage increased to 50% from 33%
Renekton

Fixed a bug where Slice and Dice was only reducing the target's base armor rather than total armor
Rumble

Fixed a bug where The Equalizer would fizzle if Rumble died
Shaco

Jack-in-the-Boxes can no longer be disabled or pushed by effects like Crystallize
Sion

Fixed a bug where Enrage would consume health if Sion canceled his auto-attack early
Teemo

Noxious Traps will now 'level up' if Teemo ranks up his R slot while the traps are active
Trundle

Fixed a bug where Rabid Bite was not blocked by Spell Shield, Shroud of Darkness, or Banshee's Veil
Tryndamere

Bloodlust heal per 1 fury increased to .65/1.15/1.65/2.15/2.65 from .5/.95/1.4/1.85/2.3
Spinning Slash
Base damage increased to 70/100/130/160/190 from 60/90/120/150/180
Bonus AD ratio increased to 1.2 from 1
Fixed a bug where Tryndamere was not gaining the proper Fury upon using Spinning Slash
Urgot

Noxian Corrosive Charge will now update as the target gains or loses armor
Warwick

Infinite Duress
Fixed a bug where Infinite Duress would sometimes tick only 4 times
Fixed a bug where Infinite Duress could sometimes break early even if not interrupted
Wukong

Wukong will now attempt to attack a target champion after using Nimbus Strike
Cyclone Attack Damage ratio increased to 1.2 from 1
Wukong is now properly considered melee for items and spells that differentiate between melee and ranged characters.
Fixed a bug where Crushing Blow was shredding the target's base armor rather than total armor
Yorick

Omen of War attack damage ratio increased to 1.2 from 1
Items

Quicksilver Sash is now unique
Tears of the Goddess, Manamune and Archangel's Staff now display your unique bonus mana in their tooltips.
General

Made adjustments to reduce the load time for games
Made adjustments to how death and kill streaks work
Dying to non-champions no longer resets kill streaks or increases death streaks
Assists now reduce (not reset) death streaks
Using Summoner Teleport on a ward will no longer reveal the ward through fog of war to enemies. Instead, it will destealth the ward to be seen if an enemy is near and reveal the teleport particle through fog of war to enemies
Allied champions can no longer block targeting of an enemy champion if they are standing on top of one another
Added a new in-game option for "Borderless Window Mode" that allows people to alt-tab more efficiently
Attack-move improvements:
Attack-move targeting is now more predictable (now targets closest enemy)
Attack-move will now target visible wards
Changed attack-move cursor color to red from green
Added new keybindings for "Self+Smart Cast" for abilities and Summoner spells. Casting with these binds will first try to Smart-Cast the ability; if there is no target or an invalid target under the cursor, it will attempt to Self-Cast the ability
Fixed a bug where clones did not show items in their inventories
Fixed a bug where certain particle effects would not show up if using the minimap for targeting
Fixed minor tooltip errors on Kayle, Soraka, Nasus, Sona, and Renekton
Fixed a bug where some Energy runes were giving less Energy than their tooltip stated
Fixed a bug where several spells were triggering on-cast events more than once
Fixed a bug in which players could get stuck in a "dead" state until they disconnected and then reconnected

Here are the patch notes:
edit - nm someone posted before me :p.

Servers are delayed.....again.
Not one time can they patch and get it up when they say.

Was within 10 hours patch window. Then it was bumped up to 13 and by 12:30 PST, now there's "ongoing issues" and delayed a third time to 2:00PST.

Hands down the main problem with Riot, worst patches/schedules of any game company I've ever played on. You'd think by now they'd fix it/hire more people, but nope.

I would be upset that the server is down but I pay nothing for the game so I will just deal with it.

I would be upset that the server is down but I pay nothing for the game so I will just deal with it.

That argument is used ad nauseum on the main forums. It's not any excuse for terrible service.

Many people have put money into the game for skins, rune pages, heroes, etc.

Here are the patch notes:
edit - nm someone posted before me :p.

Servers are delayed.....again.
Not one time can they patch and get it up when they say.

Was within 10 hours patch window. Then it was bumped up to 13 and by 12:30 PST, now there's "ongoing issues" and delayed a third time to 2:00PST.

Hands down the main problem with Riot, worst patches/schedules of any game company I've ever played on. You'd think by now they'd fix it/hire more people, but nope.

They are too cheap to hire IT folks, they'd rather churn out new champions and skins.

They have been churning out skins at an ungodly rate lately.

I'm glad to see Kassadin is free this week since I was thinking about buying him, but my first match wasn't that great. I used a build from mobafire and did see some potential though so hopefully he gets better with practice. Mainly picked him because he looks cool.

Well after playing the new guy so far he feels "meh" overall.

His Q ability is one of the LOWEST dmg abilities in the game, literally at lv 1 it does a whopping 20, yes TWENTY dmg.

He's a super=slow jungler, you'll finish blue almost dead, far behind other junglers like Udyr, WW, fiddle, etc.

His ult, which sounded "Cool" before he wa sreleased. He freaking "imaples" people man? Well, ti's not really an impale, he doesn't even use his tail, rather it's just a Malz=ult particle, turned blue, slapped to his tail that shoots an enemy. It's melee-range, so you have to be VERY close to use it, and it only last 1.5 seconds, which seems a bit too short imo (compare it to sions two-second lv-1 stun). You just don't have much time to make good utility out of it, such as dragging someone into a tower, etc? The time you take a couple of steps they get off and then will most likely flash/ghost away.

He just feels a bit UP to me so far, but that cna change with some item builds. I have just been bu ilding him with hybrid things. Mainly going for Tri-force and Hexatech gunblade.

His attack speed is VERY low unless you hit his W (which gives 30% bonus attack speed).

HE has no cc outside his ult and very very very small "q" range (which you hav eto hit them with twice to slow), he has no escape ability either.

So basically he just doesn't feel that well "thought" out. IMO if you wnat a good ad jungler with ganking potential I'd roll with Nocturne faaaaaaaaar more then him.

I played the new hero as well.

I like it alot, I played him like a tank and built him like one. this W skill makes him one fast hero and allows you to catch up with anyone and spam the Q skill which hits for a good about if you spam it. I went 8-2-19 on him in my first game. His ult works great for starting a team fight if you play him aggressive like I did an run in with your W up pull someone out to your team.

My first impression was great, the way I played him at least. I build a TriForce with tanking items.

The other team had him as well but that other person didnt have any clue what is going on went 1-10.

I think it was a good spent 6300IP :)

I've been losing interest in LoL lately. The new champs have been "meh". A talking scorpion... really? Riot should just release the "Assclown" champion next as that's what I feel like to them. At least if I was playing an Assclown champion I wouldn't have to wonder anymore if Riot thought I was an endless money bag... it would be pretty obvious.

When I'm not grouping with [H]'ers my teammates are slobbering idiots, which pretty much ruins any fun I might have. I hope this new Dominion mode adds something to the game. It looks like the Arathi Basin PvP map from World of Warcraft, which if any of you ever played that, it was pretty darn fun.

Yeah I know this is kind of a downer, whiny post, but holy shit, I've got nothing but idiots the past 2 weeks of playing and it's worn me down. I'm over 50% win ratio (probably around 55-60%, where I usually stay) so nothing has changed elo-wise for me, but the quality of the people I'm grouped with have taken a huge dive. Is it the summer vacation crowd? Can I pray that they go back to school soon and are too busy to play LoL anymore?

I get that way a lot, too, Astral. But it's every small based team game. Main reason I quit playing L4D.

Yeah they need a better matching system. I really would like to get matched with people that know what they are doing allot more. Getting someone that just runs in and gets killed over and over again just makes the game horrible. I had a game yesterday with 2 kids that just fed bot lane. One went 1-12 and the other 0-9. That was a 25min game.

Be careful of accepting a guide as successful or denouncing a guide as bad based on a couple of games. It's kinda like a new SC2 build order, you have to try it a bunch of times (unless you can see a blatant flaw in it), and analyze why it did or did not work in certain situations.

Try to be aware of when you get items. If you get an Infinity Edge on Ashe before 20 minutes in, it's going to feel significantly more powerful than if you get it after 25 minutes in.

If your team is horrible at protecting you against some decent anti carries like xin, akali, or noct, your going to get run over regardless of how good your build is, and I don't suggest resorting to building very defensively on Ashe unless you know for sure that this is going to happen or it's late game and you have some reasonable offense.

It takes some practice, but the point is to put more thought into your build than just finding something that worked well a few times and always using that.

And theres you're problem. Try solomid.net for some good builds/guides.

Currenty in ELO hell but I'd love to play with [H] peeps. IGN: Cytersion

Thats not the problem. theres a go od kass guidse there.he is more of a situational champ. the enemy team needs 2 or more casters for him to be viable, he also takes awhile to play right.

I've been playing Annie a lot lately, there's almost no team composition where she won't do well on, you WILL likely die a bit playing Annie just because she has no escapes outside of a timely stun and flash, but in team fights, you WILL be the deciding factor in whether your team wins or loses.

If the other team focuses you before you can ult, your team loses that fight pretty much, if you get your ult off, your team SHOULD win especially if you timed your stun with it.

Having your stun up as much as possible plus Flash and Ignite helps you get a lot of early kills, and they help even more lategame, cause when your teammates initiate a fight, you can flash in from the safety of the back and drop Tibbers with stun on the enemy team.

Usually results in a solid win. The key is, make SURE that when you use Tibbers, you drop it on their CARRIES, so that those die first, with their carries gone, then they have no damage.

Ya, Annie is a permanent ban for me at this point.

I'm sure there's certain champs that can outlane her in an even skilled fight, but not many. I think I outlaned one pretty bad on jarvan lately, but he doesn't end up mid a lot.

In group fights her worst case scenario is that she does massive damage to 1 person before dying (unless you're REALLY out of position), and her best case is doing enough damage to kill the entire team by herself, very quickly.

I was thinking about giving this game a try, is it any fun? also is it too late for someone like me to get started since its been out for awhile? Also i hear rumors the community is pretty brutal.

I'm fairly mediocre at this game but I've been playing my friend's account, trying to get him out of the supposed Elo Hell of 1000. Previously he's played like 140 ranked games and could never really get over a 50% win-rate, but I've gone something like 15-3 over the last two days and up to 1163 Elo. People are seriously bad at this level. I just call Ryze mid in champ select and roll the opponent team.

I was thinking about giving this game a try, is it any fun? also is it too late for someone like me to get started since its been out for awhile? Also i hear rumors the community is pretty brutal.

It's fun, I say give it a shot. I just started last week with a friend and we are both having a good time. Just level your summoner up in coop vs AI then start playing PVP when you feel you are ready.

Haven't had too many problems with the community yet. It's not too late to get started in the genre, try LoL for free and if you enjoy it you will be set when DOTA2 is launched.

I'm fairly mediocre at this game but I've been playing my friend's account, trying to get him out of the supposed Elo Hell of 1000. Previously he's played like 140 ranked games and could never really get over a 50% win-rate, but I've gone something like 15-3 over the last two days and up to 1163 Elo. People are seriously bad at this level. I just call Ryze mid in champ select and roll the opponent team.

I had to pull my friend out of ELO hell a while back, it was a lot of fun playing against people that made so many mistakes, but it sucked because even if you dominated you could still lose because your teammates were either retarded, lagging or leavers.

Back