Leadtek to NV5, worth it?

isp

2[H]4U
Hi, does anyone has an opinion on going from the stock leadtek cooling on my 6800gt to the nv5 silencer. Sorry I don't even remember the temps on the stock cooling.

Dudeyourlame

[H]ard|Gawd
i would stick with the stock cooling from Leadtek.. those things are massive and all copper

results on my E-Vga 6800 GT

stock E-vga cooling

Idle: 60 c

Load: 75 c (give or take a few Degrees)

with NV5

idle 55c

load 63 c (give or take a few Degrees)

Balderdash

Gawd
If you have the WinFast version, then I have to agree with the other post, it's not worth it. Actually, if someone told me that your leadtek cooler worked better that the nv5 I wouldn't even be surprised. That thing is massive copper. If it's not working good enough you could buy a faster fan for it and get more system RAM with your motherboard, you don't need better videocard cooling unless you go to nitro liquid or something.

ricetek

Gawd
keep the leadtek, i had a leadtek 6800nu before my ultra right now and i loved it, also had a ti4400 leadtek which was massive too cover both sides of the board with a nice big fan.

Goat

Limp Gawd
if there's thermal pads in between the chips and the cooler, you could clean the pads off and apply Arctic Silver 5 on there and that would help a bit.