Leadtek GeForce GTX 280 Extreme...GTX200b?

Kowan

Supreme [H]ardness
Leadtek GeForce GTX 280 Extreme 1024MB GDDR3 TV-Out/Dual DVI (PCI-Express) - Retail
- Bus Type: PCI Express 2.0 (Backwards compatible with PCI Express)
- Memory: 1GB (1024MB) GDDR3
- Core Clock: 738MHz
- Shader Clock: 1666MHz
- Memory Data Rate: 2520MHz
- Processor Cores: 240
- Shader Model: 4.0
- Texture Fill Rate: 49.2 Billion/sec.
- Memory Interface: 512-bit
- Memory Bandwidth: 151.7GB/sec.
- API Support: Microsoft DirectX 10 and lower, OpenGL 2.1 and lower for Microsoft Windows
- Display Connectors: 2 Dual-Link DVI-I, HDTV + TV Out
- RAMDACs: Dual 400MHz
- HDCP Capable
- HDMI Capable
- 2-Way & 3-Way NVIDIA SLi Support
- Card Dimensions: 266.7mm x 95.3mm x 38.1mm
- Warranty: 2 Year
GT200b Already hit Stores?

(US $771.29)

I saw it posted at Radge3D, don't think the speed boost will have many buying at that release price. :p

There's no way they're getting a large quantity of air-cooled 65nm GPUs to 1666 MHz shaders stable on standard air cooling.

Could be Leadtek's answer to EVGA's FTW if only a overclocked GTX280.

It doesn't really make sense for it to just be an overclocked card though, would it? Seeing as how hot the vanilla versions can get with stock cooling and this is significantly higher than those. I'm not saying omg this must be the 55nm series, but I just don't see how they could overclock that high with the same cooler unless they want us to burn up our cards.

I just don't see how they could overclock that high with the same cooler unless they want us to burn up our cards.

Binning. They test the cards to see how high they can overclock, and the ones that don't cut it are badged as the standard models. That's why the price is so high for these cards; yields must be extremely low. I highly doubt that this is actually a new SKU; it just looks like Extreme is Leadtek's branding for their highly overclocked edition, similar to eVGA's FTW, BFG's OCX, and XFX's XXX cards.

What would be interesting to see is how this card would compare to a 4870x2. At those speeds it would be a tough fight between the two.

Leadtek's RMA is a giant pain in the ass. I bought one card from them and never again...

First their website was broken, and they contract out their US RMA stuff to some place in CA now, so I had to make multiple calls before I could even send the card to them. Two months later I had a card back for as much use as that was to me.

Personally, I wouldn't risk it especially at that cost.

$200 pricier than the upcoming 4870X2 and probably slower.
Sounds right to me...

If it actually shows up for sale, it won't sell at that price and it will be adjusted to where it will to compete against the HD4870x2's price/performance.

Back