Leadtek 6800LE AGP for $137 shipped at the Egg

compuguru

n00b
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814122212

I just bought this card a week ago and I paid $159... now its $135!
This is not the fastest card at stock speeds but mine unlocked fully and overclocked nicely (due to the huge copper hs) so its sitting ~6800 ultra speeds ...
The only thing is that the memory is 128Mb and ddr.
For those of you wondering, it does play BF2 nicely and I get around 4500 in 3dmark 05.

- Jay

Unlocked fully meaning you unlocked 8 pipelines?? That's only an 8 pipe card as is.

-wil

This card rox. Only $133 shipped and mine unlocked one pixel and both vertex shaders, making it 12x1 and 6v. No artifacts.

I think this is one of the most cost effective cards out there. :D

My secondary box is very happy now. :p

Mine fully unlocked. The core goes up to 400 easily and the memory 900. It's not quite a GT, but it's very close and for the price it's a steal!

Even if it didn't unlocked at all it wouldn't be bad since it'd be priced about the same as a 6600 AGP but when overclocked performs better than a 6600GT.

Mine unlocked to 12 pipes 6 vertex. OC's to around 350/750. I guess it wasn't that bad of a deal. I traded it to my brother for his 9800Pro and $50 ;).

How is this card STOCK compared to a 6600GT? If I get reasonable OC'd speeds out of this, how does it compare to 6600GTs then?

And what ATi X800/850 series is this close to?

Down to $133 shipped now :eek:. Hot, definantly if you can get it fully (or even partially) unlocked!

So stock this thing is already better than a 6600GT(that is in the same price range). Can I have some info about unlocking?

What are the chances of me being able to unlock stuff? How hard is it to do that? How often will it fuck up my card? And if I do unlock it successfully, what will the card perform like then?

Q - Can I have some info about unlocking?

See here :: How to unlock Pipelines and Vertex Shader on a 6800

Q - What are the chances of me being able to unlock stuff?

Roughly about 50/50 from what I've been seeing across the forums.

Q - How hard is it to do that?

Quite easy, see the guide above.

Q - How often will it fuck up my card?

How often? Not sure what you mean.

Q - And if I do unlock it successfully, what will the card perform like then?

Will perform significantly better. Though you will never achieve 6800gt or Ultra performance levels
since they have a better RAM and memory interface.

All your questions can be answered spending a few minutes with the search tool. ;)

Out of all the 6800 cards (6800 NU, 6800 LE / Leadtek etc etc) does anybody know which card has the greatest chance of fully unlocking?

I had read that the LE cards were less successful than the non-LE 6800's, and that certain brands were better than others (?)

it says the card is $129

i looked at the benchmarks and that card is more than 3 times better than my current card(radeon 9600 np), so ill prolley get the vanilla 6800 or whatever

and i fi can overclock it/unlock it then wow that should be good

great thread

I think its hard to tell. I got the 6800LE Leadtek. Mine unlocked to 12 the other 4 didn't work.

SJetski71 said:
Out of all the 6800 cards (6800 NU, 6800 LE / Leadtek etc etc) does anybody know which card has the greatest chance of fully unlocking?

I had read that the LE cards were less successful than the non-LE 6800's, and that certain brands were better than others (?)

That subject has been discussed to death in the forums. I think the general consensus is
they are all reference designs and have an equal chance at unlocking/OCing no matter
the brand.

On a side note, I'd suggest the 6800NU/vanilla instead of the LE since you will still have
a 12 pipe card if the unlocking procedure is unsuccessful. With an LE you will be
stuck with 8 pipes if it doesn't unlock.

Hold on...I thought you could only unlock 4 pipes? If not, Im gonna be mad that I just bought a 9800 Pro for 10 bucks cheaper...

Look at the pictures... it does have the extra 4-pin HD molex connection. This is a beefy card, with heatsinks on the memory on the back even... looks very well put together. At stock clocks, the 6600GT AGP will outperform, BUT, if you manage to open any pipes, this will be faster, and I believe has faster theoretical memory throughput

And to top it off, the 6800LE is cheaper. Mine is on it's way.

do i need to buy anything extra for the extra power connector?

im already buying a high quality 400w psu...im not exactly sure how these extra power connectors work or whatever

It's a hard drive connector... you should have an extra, otherwise there's a splitter included with the bundle.

EgyptBoy20 said:
Hold on...I thought you could only unlock 4 pipes? If not, Im gonna be mad that I just bought a 9800 Pro for 10 bucks cheaper...

If you buy the 6800LE from Leadtek, it only has 8 pipes and has the potential to unlock to 16 pipes. If you get another non LE card it should have 12 pipes with the potential to open 4 more.

I had problems opening pipes and then OCing using coolbits. I had to OC first, then open the pipes. No problem with artifacts...just wouldn't take the OC after I unlocked the pipes.

6800LE = 8 Pipes, Core: 300MHz, DDR1: 700MHZ
6800NU = 12 Pipes, Core: 350MHz, DDR1: 700MHZ
6800GT = 16 Pipes, Core: 350MHz, GDDR3: 1000MHZ
6800U = 16 Pipes, Core: 400MHz, GDDR3: 1100MHZ

At least that's what a gather from Newegg as being standard clocks. There are exceptions of course. (OC, Asus, etc)

Would this card be a worthwhile upgrade from a 9800 Pro?

I havent really kept up on video cards for a while.

2k2_zx2 said:

Yeah its close to double the performance tests shows

I would say that the 6800 is twice as fast in Doom 3, but on average it is about 50% faster than the 9800pro.

Okay, so on stock speeds the 6800LE will be about on par with the 6600GT, or will be better? What about if I unlock 4 pipelines and oc it, or unlock 8 pipelines and oc it?

All of this stuff was confusing and the person that listed all 4 different 6800 cards helped a lot.

Alexdude777 said:
Okay, so on stock speeds the 6800LE will be about on par with the 6600GT, or will be better? What about if I unlock 4 pipelines and oc it, or unlock 8 pipelines and oc it?
The review linked above shows the speed of the "6800" with 12 pipes (you'll have to unlock 4 pipes on the 6800 LE to achieve 12 pipes), so use that as your guide.

If you're lucky enough to unlock all 8 pipes (for a total of 16) then your scores will resemble the 6800 GT model, a little slower than the 6800 GT but ... ;)

Post # 26 may contain a helpful tip for when you try unlocking the card, the info may come in handy anyway.

I've found 2 6800LE's for approx the same price. Which one is the "better" of the two?

Chaintech 6800LE or the Leadtek 6800LE ??

I like the cooler setup on the Leadtek one but didnt know if there was anything good to say about the Chaintech one. Thanks for any info on this.

2k2_zx2 said:
I've found 2 6800LE's for approx the same price. Which one is the "better" of the two?

I like the cooler setup on the Leadtek one but didnt know if there was anything good to say about the Chaintech one. Thanks for any info on this.

Well its just luck. Leadtek does have a better copper cooling, but I believe that the chaintech uses 2.2ns memory. I only chose the leadtek because there were more reviews of successful unlocking.

2k2_zx2 said:

oh hell yeah a 6800 anything makes the 9800 pro look like a carpet muncher.
this isn't a bad deal either. but Ultra is best, LE is for bugdets like mine.

2k2_zx2 said:

hey cool its now $129. I am ordering now.

Well since Sunday (ordered Friday morning) my package has been at the FedEx distribution facility near my house, but it's still in the container so I can't go pick it up yet... scheduled Wednesday delivery, d'oh!

The Leadtek one is now $125 on Newegg. I just bit on one. Hopefully I get a good one.

Back