Lead & Gold Gangs of the Wild.

jadams

2[H]4U
Pretty cool game. Kind of a Team Fortress looking 3rd person western shooter. Was at a LAN (which sucked) last night and we got in on the free weekend. Noticed it was on sale for $7.50 and picked it up.

bit awkard, honestly I thought it had at least a short single player mode. Was hugely dissapointed that I'd payed like $10 for a multiplayer only game that's not much more than a mod. It's ok. I just got way more out of Killing floor. Oh that's the other thing. No Dedi's at least not yet. They should warn people about that shit. I hate match making.

I got this when it first launched but really could not deal with how the character controlled/moved. If it had tighter controls I'd probably still play a round or two but honestly that is the worst controlling third-person action game I've ever played in my life.

Yea i agree the controls were a little awkward to get used to. Setting the mouse sensitivity down really helped. But for $7 right now I'd say its kind of a good deal. A change of scenery from the sim FPS's like bc2/mw2 to something a little more laidback and arcady.

I got it when it was on sale, played it for a few day and while it was quite enjoyable the lag/hit registration problems really put me off, don't know if that's improved at all but it was really unplayable.

bit awkard, honestly I thought it had at least a short single player mode. Was hugely dissapointed that I'd payed like $10 for a multiplayer only game that's not much more than a mod. It's ok. I just got way more out of Killing floor. Oh that's the other thing. No Dedi's at least not yet. They should warn people about that shit. I hate match making.

they have dedicated servers already, they show up as blue in the browser.

they have dedicated servers already, they show up as blue in the browser.

Ok I take that back it has beta Dedi's now. Wasnt able to connect to anything. No option to view by player count or ping. *shrug* Wish you could get a refund on steam. At this stage Lead & Gold should be a community Beta. Should not be retail. Took me a while just to get it working due to some funky physx driver nonsense. Massive forum on their site just for bug reports.

Last edited:
I didn't mind this game at all. The trapper class was pretty sweet for one of the maps I was playing. It was kind of like awping in counterstrike, but i do agree the controls were a bit weird but definitely playable.

I don't plan on picking this up but yeah that was pretty much the point of the latest patch + free weekend promo, they finally got the dedi servers working. too little too late imo, they should have hit the ground running with this at launch. now basically anyone who cared about the game enough to run a server is already bored of it, mp experience with the lobbies was just terrible at the start from what I saw.

Played over the weekend, and had a lot of fun with a few friends. Afraid I would get bored of it quick if I bought it though.

Seems like a candy rack game. Id be willing to buy it if it was 7 bucks and there was an advertisement for it on my way to check out whilst buying something else.

Back