LCD2490WUXi calibrated?

Callistra

n00b
Does anyone have a LCD2490WUXi that's been calibrated? What are your settings? I just acquired one but no calibrator came with it.

Calibration is going to vary monitor to monitor... no way to perfectly calibrate it off of another person's settings.

You could try putting it into native color, gamma 2.2 and if needed, crank up colorcomp. If the screen is uniform, I'd leave colorcomp off though, as it reduces luminance + contrast a little bit.

Depending on the age of your monitor, whites may have drifted some. The first 2490 I got had an insane 40K+ hours on it, and whites definitely drifted yellow. So without a calibrator, you may need use software/eyeball calibration, as a rough estimate. If you want it perfect, you'll need to buy a calibration device.

Well what calibrator do you suggest? the one I was eyeballing was discontinued

The calibrator I wanted was a Monaco XR or something with the DTP-94 sensor

Does anyone have a LCD2490WUXi that's been calibrated? What are your settings? I just acquired one but no calibrator came with it.

You need SpectraView II, Basiccolor Display 5, or Lacie Blue Eye Pro 4.55 or later to properly calibrate that monitor's internal electronics.

Sharing RGB values/settings from an OSD won't help you (if that's what you seek).

How much do you want to spend?

The Eye One Display Pro is highly recommended, and sold as the SpectraSensor Pro in the SVII Pro bundle:

http://www.necdisplay.com/p/spectra-view-kits/svii-pro-kit

For less, the DTP 94 sensor is highly recommended. You can get one from here:

http://www.integrated-color.com/mm5...Code=DTP-94&Category_Code=Display+Calibration

But you still need SpectraView II to take advantage of it, and calibrate the monitor internally (or as listed above Basic color/Lacie blue eye pro)

What do you need it calibrated for? If you are not going to be editing/ printing photos or graphics, or web designing, not much need for perfect color.

Thanks for the link to the DTP94! That's what I've been looking for :)

I do a lot of photo editing :) I do some home printing occasionally. Mostly it's just for run, but occasionally my work gets published or I will get hired to do a wedding or what not through word or mouth. In the past I've used a CRT that I've kind of eyeball calibrated to sync with my printer, but this LCD thing is a new beast to me and right away I notice not as much highlight and shadow detail, but the colors really aren't that far off.. way better than any other LCD I've seen anyway.

You should really buy the i1 display pro SVII kit since it comes with the correct software, especially since the DTP94 is not as accurate.

Last edited:
Well what calibrator do you suggest? the one I was eyeballing was discontinued

The calibrator I wanted was a Monaco XR or something with the DTP-94 sensor
The DTP94 is not discontinued, but it is only sold as OEM now (for some reason). Are you in Europe? If yes, then you can also consider the Quato DTP94 bundled with iColor Display 3. The iColor Display 3 is actualy quite an excellent and easy to understand calibration application for generating icc profiles. It will not communicate with the NEC monitor though.

The I1DP is totally overkill for a standard gamut screen, it will give you absolutely nothing that the DTP94 can't offer, but if it is cheaper, easier to find and obtain, go for it.

As for SVII, I have a relative in the US who bought it at B&H separately from the calibration device and shipped it to me. I just don't get why NEC absolutely do not want to sell SVII outside the US.

Last edited:
Back