LCD Stand:I'm Suppose to break it installing it?

axelrose

n00b
LCD Stand:I'm Suppose to break it installing it?

SAMSUNG 2343BWX: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824001317

The MIDDLE piece that goes into the bottom of the monitor with the metal shovel shaped on one end and the other end that goes into the flat part of the bottom of the stand.

How hard am I supposed to shove this into the monitor?

I have already push it in there with about 100 pounds of force, or more.

It still sways left or right, it is not stiff on the stand...

How far should this go into the monitor?
Are there any online pics of how that is suppose to look once you've pushed the hell out of it?

?
Samsung's website sucks, the packing material also sucks.

I LITERALLY used about 250 pounds of downward force in order to fully push the middle piece of the monitor stand. I had to push so HARD that I was certain it would have caused a severe break. I expanded so much effort that I took 30 seconds to catch my breath.

You have to turn the lcd upside down and force the middle piece into the bottom of the monitor. NONE of this is mentioned in the manuals or paperwork they have in the box. Even searched SAMSUNG's website, no clues.

That should never happen.

It's a feature to give geeks a work-out. Be grateful they're thinking of your health ;)

I had this problem as well. I realized (thanks to roomie) I had the stand backwards and it slid in pretty easily once I figured this out. Well, I should say 'compartively easily'. This is something Samsung should fix. I wonder how monitors do actually break from installing the base.

Back