lcd monitor 30" vs lcd ( led ) tv 32"

greyx

Limp Gawd
What would you recommend as pc monitor ?
LCD monitor 30" or LCD ( LED ) tv 32" ?!
I would go for tv 32 " but the only problem is the fonts quality.
For gaming and movies, the tv 32" i think it's perfect, but i'm not sure about web browsing and other stuff.
Now let me ask you something about gaming / resolutions, guys.
If i play something on 1920 x 1080 and i have 40 fps, how will that be with the same game, same pc, on 2560x1600 resolution ? Much less fps ? About 20 % ?
I have now GTX 285 but i wanna upgrade it soon ( 580 GTX, i guess )
Can you give me some advices, please ?!
That's really hard for me to decide which is better. Monitor vs TV.
Thanks in advance.

Depends how far away you are sitting vs. how much pixel real estate you want (for web browsing etc.) vs. how much you're willing to pay vs. how powerful the graphics card you have is. A 580 should be ok for today's games on a 30" but maybe not a 285.

I can move back, if i think that's to big for web browsing. And if i wanna watch a movie, i just can lie on the couch :) That's not a problem.
Like i said, i'm affraid of the fonts quality on the TV, as pc monitor. The distance is very unimportant, because that ca be changed.
What about my question "If i play something on 1920 x 1080 and i have 40 fps, how will that be with the same game, same pc, on 2560x1600 resolution ? Much less fps ? About 20 % ?"
If the fonts are looking "ugly" on the tv, even if i sit back, about 3 feet away, they will look ugly.
Nothing would change that ( i guess )
That's why i think about a 30" monitor, instead the 32" tv. But the monitor has a huge resolution, which will "kill" the graphic card ( GTX 580 ) in about 7-8 mounths, for gaming, on high res, and i don't wanna upgrade my graphiccard every year :)

Well if you're looking at 30" they're only 60Hz refresh rate and 60Hz 1920x1080 TVs are pretty cheap now. Best of both worlds scenario would be to tun a 30" computer monitor for non-gaming and a 32" for gaming. Fonts etc. will look nicer on a 30" at a close distance; on the other hand you don't want to upgrade your graphics card every year. This combination should pay for itself in what you save on graphics card upgrades anyway, as I said the 32" can be had cheap.

I can't. Monitor 30" and tv 32" it's nearly impossible for me :)
So, i'll have to decide between one of those 2 options.
I would like to hear some opinins from users which already use a 32 tv ( LCD or LED ) as a pc monitor....about the fonts / quality

Last edited:
A GTX 580 is more than enough to drive a high res 30" monitor for even the most demanding games. I don't think I would ever choose a 32" TV over a 30" monitor for many reasons, primarily image quality. TVs use various kinds of image processing and voodoo to try to make things look better for movies, and often have high input lag. As for the text while browsing, that's why browsers have zoom. ;)

A GTX 580 is more than enough to drive a high res 30" monitor for even the most demanding games. I don't think I would ever choose a 32" TV over a 30" monitor for many reasons, primarily image quality. TVs use various kinds of image processing and voodoo to try to make things look better for movies, and often have high input lag. As for the text while browsing, that's why browsers have zoom. ;)

I didn't mean the fonts / sizes. I know i can use the zoom to make them bigger.
But it's about the quality / image / sharpness /

I'd think if the resolution and other stats are the same, your TV should be better at displaying the native resolution -- Not to mention better upscaling!

I still hope that someone can answer my question
"If i play something on 1920 x 1080 and i have 40 fps, how will that be with the same game, same pc, on 2560x1600 resolution ? Much less fps ? About 20 % ?"
Let's say GTX 580.

First, at least in my case, using my Sharp 32" as a monitor was terrible for reading text! It was awesome for gaming but I use my PC more for work than gaming. Second, I can only tell you that with my system, the 580GTX works wonderfully with all my games at max resolution. I'm probably CPU limited though, but I am very happy with the performance. For instance, playing IL-2 at 1920x1200 vs. 2560x1600 may be about a 5-10 FPS hit, but average FPS is still above 80. I always max out the eye-candy too.

To me, you really cannot compare a TV @ 1920x1080 to a PC monitor running 2560x1600. Even if you did strictly gaming, the IQ of the monitor blows it away.

30" monitor blows a 1080p TV out of the water. It isn't even a comparison.

One more question, guys.
If i change my 24" monitor 1920 x 1200 to 30 inch 2560 x 1600, how is that with the fonts ?
Are they smaller ? Bigger ? I mean the DPI ....is different

Well, the 30 inch has 110 dpi, and the 24" has 94 dpi... So, at the same level, you'de see smaller fonts on the 30 inch. Still, it's also got finer pixels and would look better. Higher dpi = Better, usually, especially with fonts. You can always zoom in! lol

Many users adviced me to go for 32 inch tv, instead 30" monitor.
To much power consumption / every year upgrade for the graphic card / the tv should be just fine for web browsing / is not worth to play at 2560 x 1600 because 1920 x 1080 it's perfect :)
I'm really confused.

What about if i connect a MiniMac ( pc, too ) to the 32" TV ?
Would you do that, for video / photo editing ?

If you're doing photo and video editing, there's little reason not to go with one of the 30" 2560x1600 panels, if that's within your budget (or the 27" 2560x1440 Apple). The extra resolution is a HUGE advantage for photos, and for video as well - you'll be able to edit 1080p video at 100% while still having lots of room for toolbars, menus, etc.

Now, compatibility with a Mac Mini is a different thing. Current (and recent) Mac Minis have a mini-DisplayPort port, and they're compatible with any of the 30" 2560x1600 displays on the market today, as well as Apple's 27" 2560x1440 display (the 24" 1920x1200 and 30" 2560x1600 models have been discontinued, victims of the 16:9 transition - and a step backwards in resolution [although admittedly not in value]).

Apparently the older single-link DVI-equipped Minis don't play nice with 2560x1600 DVI monitors, and won't even run them at 30 Hz (which they theoretically could if it weren't for driver/software issues).

I purchased an LCD TV LG, full HD, and i use it as pc monitor as well.It looks very nice, but only the fonts looks a bit crap. From the Nvidia card control panel ( GTX 285 ) settings and TV menu i modified a lot of options ( brightness / contrast / backlight / sharpness, etc ) but the fonts are not clear / nice / like a monitor, and i knew that before i purchased the TV.
But the colors are awesome, compared with a TN monitor.
Can you tell me, please, some tricks, to improve the fonts quality ? Is there any program for that ?
For example ¨ cleartype tuner ¨ .....
Thanks in advance.

You won't need any type of program.

I don't use the Nvidia control panel to adjust the I/PQ (image/picture quality) on TVs. The sharpness setting in there will destroy your text and introduce white lines along borders. Personally I would revert the Nvidia control panel settings back to their defaults and use your TV menu. My Dynex DX-32L230A12 32" was razor sharp and that was with most of the clear type disabled in W7 Pro 64. You may need to disable then re-enable clear type in the registry if it won't allow you to turn it off to reset your clear type settings. Those can also adversely affect your fonts.

The other variable you need to be concerned about is getting 4:4:4 working nd, not all TVs can do this. I know you have a GTX 285 but, what is the model of your LG 32" HDTV and, what type of video cable are you using?

I don't even understand why this thread is still going...

OP, just get a 1920x1080. It's obvious you won't even notice a difference, because all you do is play games and worry about how many FPS you're getting rather than think about productivity, color accuracy, DPI, or anything else that might be a good reason for getting a 30" 1600p monitor.

In fact, get a Vizio while you're at it.

OP, just get a 1920x1080. It's obvious you won't even notice a difference, because all you do is play games and worry about how many FPS you're getting rather than think about productivity, color accuracy, DPI, or anything else that might be a good reason for getting a 30" 1600p monitor.

The OP bumped his thread a year later because he's trying to get the fonts sharper on his new LG TV ;) Edit: Racer beat me to it.

OP: look up the official thread for your model number TV here: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forumdisplay.php?f=166

Then check to see the TV menu settings and video card settings they are using to make everything look right.

The quality of a monitor is leaps and bounds over any television. 1920x1080 versus 2560x1600. Think about it, thats almost double whats considered High Definition.

I dont agree with the guy who said youll be stuck upgrading you card all the time. 8 years ago i would have agreed, but lately games are not pushing the limits like they used to. BF3 is probabaly the only game to give my card a run for its money. I added a 2nd 580 and im only at 1920x1200.

I want to go to a 30" myself, but i am very picky aned an enthusiast. I tested out the HP Z series, and wasn't impressed. I am saving my money for the big dollar NEC. Its beautiful. Just be careful with what you select and do your research. But NO WAY is a TV resolution going to give you the quality you get from a monitor regardless of resolution. I have a 55" LED samsung, and my PC looks ok on it, but text is hard to deal with, colors are very washed out (as compared to a monitor).

Good luck!

But NO WAY is a TV resolution going to give you the quality you get from a monitor regardless of resolution. I have a 55" LED samsung, and my PC looks ok on it, but text is hard to deal with, colors are very washed out (as compared to a monitor).

That's not even remotely a fair comparison because of the pixel density on a 55" at 1920x1080. You would have to sit incredibly far back and even then I doubt viewing distance can compensate for a pixel density of 1605 pixels per sq. in. Anything is going to look better hooked up to a PC than that will.

There is no way you can actually compare TVs to monitors anyway as they aren't made in the same sizes. There aren't any 32" monitors as far as I know and all the 22", 24", 26" TVs are just TN monitors with a tuner and extra inputs shoved into them. The only actual comparison you could do is a 22" monitor to a 22" product being called a TV with both having a native resolution of 1920x1080. Over VGA, I seriously doubt you will notice the difference in clarity. DVI>HDMI or HDMI>HDMI might be a different matter though depending on if the product being sold as a TV is going to do 4:4:4 or not. At 22" though it's cheaper to buy a monitor with an e-IPS screen and use a video switch box than to buy a faux 22" TV with a TN panel.

You have to compare apples to apples and not apples to oranges before you can proclaim "x" can never do what "y" does ever.

If your colours are bad compared to your monitor, then your TV is bad at colours or it's not setup right.

You won't need any type of program.

I don't use the Nvidia control panel to adjust the I/PQ (image/picture quality) on TVs. The sharpness setting in there will destroy your text and introduce white lines along borders. Personally I would revert the Nvidia control panel settings back to their defaults and use your TV menu. My Dynex DX-32L230A12 32" was razor sharp and that was with most of the clear type disabled in W7 Pro 64. You may need to disable then re-enable clear type in the registry if it won't allow you to turn it off to reset your clear type settings. Those can also adversely affect your fonts.

The other variable you need to be concerned about is getting 4:4:4 working nd, not all TVs can do this. I know you have a GTX 285 but, what is the model of your LG 32" HDTV and, what type of video cable are you using?
I didn´t say i don´t like the colors, etc.They looks awesome.
The only think i don´t like are the fonts.They look a bit crap :D
So i´will try to disable the cleartype just to see how it looks
The LCD TV i purchased is LG32LK430
http://www.letsbuy.com/lg-32lk430-p-17246

OP, just get a 1920x1080. It's obvious you won't even notice a difference

A difference between what ? Between an LCD monitor 30¨ 2560 x 1500 vs an 32 inch full HD LCD TV 1920 x 1080 ?
Are you sure ?:)

Most people purchase with their wallet in mind versus what they want/need.

My opinion from my experience is that there is no good substitution for a 30" monitor at 1600p. I have used 3x 1080p monitors in eyefinity, a 32" HDTV, and my 60" LEDTV and always prefer my 30" monitor. With that being said you still need to understand that every visual device has it's pro's and con's. Not one of them is really perfect for everything so finding a happy compremise is key.

Well as long as you're good with 1080p and can find one with low input lag and 4:4:4 a 32" HDTV is a decent monitor (my roommate uses one). I on the other hand value the resolution and nearly zero lag my set of 3007wfp-hc's give me more.

Well as long as you're good with 1080p and can find one with low input lag and 4:4:4 a 32" HDTV is a decent monitor (my roommate uses one). I on the other hand value the resolution and nearly zero lag my set of 3007wfp-hc's give me more.

Amen my friend.

My 3007WFP-HC is the single best piece of hardware i've purchased in at least a year.

I didn´t say i don´t like the colors, etc.They looks awesome.
The only think i don´t like are the fonts.They look a bit crap :D
So i´will try to disable the cleartype just to see how it looks
The LCD TV i purchased is LG32LK430
http://www.letsbuy.com/lg-32lk430-p-17246

Grey the colours comments weren't directed at you. DeadbyDawn was saying his colours on his monitor are better than on his TV.

Back to your TV though, I don't think anyone has tested the LG32LK430 for 4:4:4 yet. Are you using a DVI>HDMI cable or a HDMI>HDMI cable? The easiest way to trigger 4:4:4 is by using a DVI>HDMI cable. You may have to do a small registry edit in addition to that since you are using a Nvidia card. Try a DVI>HDMI cable first and make sure it is plugged into your first HDMI input on the TV.. If that doesn't fix your text and trigger 4:4:4 let us know and we'll point you to the registry edit procedure.

Back to your TV though, I don't think anyone has tested the LG32LK430 for 4:4:4 yet.

The LK430 is supposedly the LK450 equivalent sold in Asia and eastern europe, it's been mentioned a few times in the giant LK450 thread at AVS.

But i have no idea what internals it uses, i know the IPS panel is more common with their 32", but who knows what video mainboard(s) and how their firmware is programmed.

A difference between what ? Between an LCD monitor 30¨ 2560 x 1500 vs an 32 inch full HD LCD TV 1920 x 1080 ?
Are you sure ?:)

Actually, it doesn't matter, as he went with the TV anyway; my bad for not noticing the necro (and OP bump) there. I thought it was a different poster commenting and wasn't looking at the dates :(

Also, of course he'd notice a difference, as any half-brained person would. But there are just some people who either don't care about video quality or are just going to buy shitty products no matter what their budget. Case in point: this thread.

Also, of course he'd notice a difference, as any half-brained person would. But there are just some people who either don't care about video quality or are just going to buy shitty products no matter what their budget. Case in point: this thread.

if SJetski71 is correct and this is an LK450 equivalent it's hardly a 'shitty product'. most of your posts are filled with pompous aggression. calm down.

Grey the colours comments weren't directed at you. DeadbyDawn was saying his colours on his monitor are better than on his TV.

Back to your TV though, I don't think anyone has tested the LG32LK430 for 4:4:4 yet. Are you using a DVI>HDMI cable or a HDMI>HDMI cable? The easiest way to trigger 4:4:4 is by using a DVI>HDMI cable. You may have to do a small registry edit in addition to that since you are using a Nvidia card. Try a DVI>HDMI cable first and make sure it is plugged into your first HDMI input on the TV.. If that doesn't fix your text and trigger 4:4:4 let us know and we'll point you to the registry edit procedure.

I'm sorry but i didn't understand what you mean with
" If that doesn't fix your text and trigger 4:4:4 let us know and we'll point you to the registry edit procedure"
Can you explain, please ? Thanks

I'm sorry but i didn't understand what you mean with
" If that doesn't fix your text and trigger 4:4:4 let us know and we'll point you to the registry edit procedure"
Can you explain, please ? Thanks

Sure, what I was saying was that if your text doesn't clear up and you can't pass the 4:4:4 tests from just using a DVI>HDMI cable (DVI on the video card to HDMI1 on the TV) there is a registry edit that you can try.

The easiest way to do 4:4:4 is to use a DVI>HDMI signal. If you don't have a cable lying around, you can try to do the EDID Override since you are using a Nvidia card. In order to do this, you'll need to change your monitor driver and then make a change in your registry. I recommend trying the DVI>HDMI cable first but if you can't/won't here is what you need to do to enable 4:4:4 (on a TV that is actually capable of it):

Click me

If that doesn't work, I have an EDID override procedure I will post that I had to use on this 6200 card I'm messing around with right now. The alternate procedure does an EDID override on the video card itself rather than the monitor but, let's just go one step at a time instead of trying everything at once.

Thanks Racer_J
I already use a cable HDMI-DVI. But the text / pixels / fonts / letters / doesen´t look as clear as a 24 inch monitor. :D
Is there, maybe, any trick / software / to make the fonts / pixels / letters / quality look better ?
And i mean, there should look as clear as on the 24¨ monitor :)
I know, there is the same 1920 x 1080 resolution, on 24 inch and 32 inch, and the larger display makes all the texts , fonts ....look a bit ¨larger¨
I tried to zoom in / out, changed the DPI from Control Panel, but there is still a big difference between 24 inch and 32 inch font / pixel / quality.
And btw : i couldnt find any driver for my lcd tv.
http://www.fouani.com/ng/tv/lcd-tv/lg-32-lk430-full-hd-lcd-tv.html

Last edited:
Thanks Racer_J
I already use a cable HDMI-DVI. But the text / pixels / fonts / letters / doesen´t look as clear as a 24 inch monitor. :D
Is there, maybe, any trick / software / to make the fonts / pixels / letters / quality look better ?
And i mean, there should look as clear as on the 24¨ monitor :)
I know, there is the same 1920 x 1080 resolution, on 24 inch and 32 inch, and the larger display makes all the texts , fonts ....look a bit ¨larger¨
I tried to zoom in / out, changed the DPI from Control Panel, but there is still a big difference between 24 inch and 32 inch font / pixel / quality.
And btw : i couldnt find any driver for my lcd tv.
http://www.fouani.com/ng/tv/lcd-tv/lg-32-lk430-full-hd-lcd-tv.html

As far as clarity goes, my VR-3730 (37" 16:9 HDTV from Westinghouse) is as clear as a 930b (19" 4:3 monitor from Samsung). The edges of the text seem a little soft on each but that's a result of the OS and it may be time for some reading glasses as I have started to notice this in printed material (though that may be DPI related or I may be far more picky with how things look now).

General 4:4:4 Troubleshooting (don't skip any steps):

The first thing you need to do is make sure the TV isn't trying to overscan the image and this will involve going through the TV menu and figuring out how to disable it. You will also need to select "1:1" or "pixel to pixel"on the aspect ratios in the TV if those names are listed. Not all TVs name them that way though. (e.g. Westinghouse's is called "Standard" but, it will only do 1:1 mapping on on certain signals like 1080p as it will kick a 480i signal into a 4:3 aspect ratio.) You also need to make sure the resolution on the PC is at 1920x1080 and that this resolution is marked as "native" on your PC.

Then you need to try a DVI>HDMI cable. (You're already doing this but this is going to serve as a mini troubleshooting guide for anyone else following this.)

Then make sure the sharpness is turned all the way down in the TV menu and in your video card's control panel. This sounds counterintuitive but, it's not when it comes to PC usage on a TV as it can quickly butcher the overall quality.

Next up would be renaming the video input on the TV but this appears to be more of a need on Samsung and Sony. The same is true for switching to a "game mode" or "pc mode".

At this point the options on what you can try are limited to trying to override the EDID in Windows. If you have a ATi/AMD card, you shouldn't have to do anything but you can try changing from RBG to whatever the other option is under the desktop colour settings. That is also true for Nvidia. Where the two brands differ though is Nvidia's drivers love to break 4:4:4 on a DVI>HDMI and HDMI>HDMI signals. This is why some people have to do the EDID override when they have a Nvidia card. The EDID override essentially consists of "making" the driver but, it's pretty much a semiautomated procedure and isn't difficult at all.

At this point, I have to add the typical CYA (cover your ass) statement of:

I'm not responsible for anything that happens as a result of doing anything that follows. Your continued reading constitutes as "willing participation" and, you agreeing to me not being liable for what you do.

Here is how you do the EDID override:

Original Source.

Download Monitor Asset Manager 2.5 here.

Download Phoenix EDID Designer here.

Both of these programs are free to download and to use.

Step 1: Open Asset Manager. Under the “Display IDs” list, find your HDTV. Go to ‘File’ and click ‘Create INF…’. Save it somewhere convenient.

mam.png

This will create a new driver for your display with EDID override options enabled.

Step 2: Open the Phoenix EDID Designer. Go to the ‘Tools’ menu, then select ‘Extract Registry EDID…’ Find the “Hardware ID” in the list that matches the one in Monitor Asset Manager and extract that bad boy.

Go to the ‘File’ menu and untick the ‘Read Only’ selection. Then, under the “EDID Extensions” section, change the “Number of extensions” to 0. Click in another text field so the “EDID Checksum” changes. Make a note of this new checksum. You will need it.

phoe.png

Step 3: Open the Windows Device Manager. Expand the “Monitors” list and your HDTV in the list of displays. If they’re all listed as “Generic PnP Monitor” then you will need to dig deeper. Right click each one, select ‘Properties’, then the ‘Details’ tab. In the ‘Property’ dropdown, select “Hardware Ids”. Find the one that matches the Display ID in Monitor Asset Manager. You should be able to guess from the ID, though (unless you’re thick or have a really obscure TV).

wdm1.png

When you’ve located the display, right click on it, go to ‘Properties’, then the ‘Driver’ tab. Hit the ‘Update Driver’ button. You want to “Browse my computer for driver software”, then “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”. Hit the ‘Have Disk’ button and find the .inf file you made. This may vary if you don’t have Windows 7. Install the driver.

Step 4: Hit Windows+R and type “regedit”. In the Registry Editor, open the following:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Display\*monitorID*\

When you get here, you’ll have two folders (because you just installed a new driver). *edit by Racer_J* You may not see two folders as I did not see two folders. Check the “DriverDesc” entry for the one ending in (EDID Override). This is the currently used driver.

reg1.png

Open this folder, then go to:

\Device Parameters\EDID_OVERRIDE

In here, double click the “0″ value to open the “Edit Binary Value” window. Scroll to the bottom.
The second byte from the end (labelled 1) should be set to “00″. This disables all HDMI extensions. (Note that this probably disables HDCP, too).
The final byte (labelled 2) should be set to the new checksum the Phoenix EDID Designer calculated.

Click ‘OK’ and close the Registry Editor.

reg2.png

Step 5: Restart and enjoy glorious PC sound from your HDTV.

If this type of EDID overide fails to trigger 4:4:4, you may need to do the EDID override on the video card instead of the TV.

Here is how you do the EDID override on the video card:

Original Source.

Step 1: Run "Regedit" & Navigate to:

HK_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\ Video

Step 2: Open the folder & check each folder (eg. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\ Video\{E0CC2030-CCD8-49B9-8267-83140EF868CB} )

*edit by Racer_J* The text in yellow is different from system to system and video card to video card. I have made this text yellow because you will need it in Step 4 if you choose to manually create a text document that you will save as a reg file. Make sure you select the proper one though by finishing this step.

Check each sub folder called "0000" until you come across one which expands and includes the following:

>Display
>settings
>Uninstall
>Volatilesettings

*edit by Racer_J* You may not see all of these listed as I did not see all of them.

Step 3: Once you've located this, right click the "0000" folder and select "New" followed by "Binary Value".

Rename the value to:

OverrideEdidFlags0

and hit enter or okay

*edit by Racer_J* You may not need to create this Binary value as it was already in my registry from doing the EDID override on the TV. You still need to continue with this procedure though even if you already have this Binary Value in your registry.

Step 4: Next up, you need to right click the new key and select "Modify Binary Data" from the list.

You should have already written down the 4 numbers you've got from the Edid using the Pheonix utility.

*edit by Racer_J* If you are unsure what numbers to use from the Phoenix program, they are the ones in the red rectangle in the following image:

PhoenixTVbytes.jpg

If Phoenix is unable to detect your TV, you can get the information from MonInfo. They are the ones in the red rectangle in the following image:

PhoenixEDIDinfousingMonInfo.jpg

the "*" is where you need to input your numbers followed by the rest so it looks something like:

*, *, *, *, 00, 00, ff, ff, 04, 00, 00, 00, 7e, 01, 00

*edit by Racer_J* If you are unsure what numbers to modify or how to properly modify them, you can create a .reg file to do it for you.

Right click on your desktop and select create a new text document then open it and type in the following information:

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Video\{xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx}\0000]
"OverrideEdidFlags0"=hex:*,*,*,*,00,00,FF,FF,04,00,00,00 ,7E,01,00

Change the string of x's to the entry you found back in Step 2.

Change each * to the numbers you got from the Edid using the Pheonix utility.

Click File then click "Save as" and rename the file to "Override.reg" (without the quotation marks). You can call the file whatever you want but it must end in ".reg" (without the quotation marks).

Now close the text editor you are using and double click on the "Override.reg" file you created. You will get a popup box asking "Are you sure you want to add the information from "insert file's location here" to the registry". Click "Yes".

Click okay once your done, close Regedit & reboot.

Just remember to change your default audio device if you were using an external decoder .

Note: If you expand all "0000" keys and come across more than one instance of multiple folders, I recommend doing the key for one only, then reboot, check. If it doesn't work on the 1st, then delete the key you created & move down the list.. rinse and repeat.

Last edited:
Back