Lawyers for QuadrigaCX customers ask RCMP to exhume body of Gerald Cotten

Master_shake_

Fully [H]
Lawyers representing the users of a bankrupt cryptocurrency exchange are asking the RCMP to exhume the body of the fund's founder and conduct an autopsy, in order to determine whether he is, in fact, dead.

A letter dated Dec. 13, 2019, and posted on the website of law firm Miller Thomson, says that as representatives of the QuadrigaCX clients, they are asking to exhume the body due to the "questionable circumstances surrounding" Gerald Cotten's death.

QuadrigaCX, which once called itself Canada’s largest cryptocurrency exchange, imploded after Cotten's death from complications of Crohn’s disease during a trip to India in December 2018.

Cotten, who ran the exchange from his home outside of Halifax, was the company’s CEO and sole director. He was the only one who had access to the so-called cold wallets that were supposed to hold his customers’ cryptocurrency.

More than 76,000 unsecured creditors, virtually all of them QuadrigaCX clients, came forward to claim they are owed $214.6 million — $74.1 million in cash and $140.5 million in cryptocurrency.

The company began bankruptcy proceedings in Nova Scotia in April.

The significant losses by those clients are another reason Miller Thomson is campaigning to exhume Cotten's remains, according to the letter.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/cana...e-body-of-gerald-cotten/ar-AAK6InL?li=AAggNb9

it's about time they dig this guy up.

there's no way it's him in that box way way too convenient.

While I'm all for forensics and the exciting outcome, was his cancer documented? If he had it, he could very well be dead.

I'm always surprised by how big this thing was, with so few people actually in the company.

it wasn't cancer it was chrons disease.

If you eat the right foods people can live forever with Crohn's disease. The problem is this guy was supposedly doing some "volunteer work" in India. So it's possible he didn't get the right diet although still incredibly convenient.

The couple's lifestyle raises serious concerns over mismanagement. As such, I support the lawyers intent and hope the court approves exhuming Cotton's body for DNA testing, assuming that is really him in the grave.

Private jet definitely is a red flag when he had no other sources of income.

I’m not sure what 16 properties cost in Halifax Nova Scotia.

Pricing seems to range from Canadian $400k-$4m over there and if he had the gall to buy a jet I’m betting he’s buying himself nice properties.

If he’s alive this will be epic. Except for the investors. They got hosed.

Hopefully they can dig around in whats left of his brain and find those much needed passkeys to restore all those people lost coins !!

Back