Lawmakers Tell Uber To Stop Self-Driving Cabs Immediately

HardOCP News

[H] News
And this is exactly why Uber is always in legal trouble. They just do whatever the hell they want, wherever they want, because the rules don't apply to them. What's that old expression? It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to ask permission? :rolleyes:

California regulators ordered Uber to stop its newly launched self-driving car service in San Francisco until it gets a state permit. Uber started a public pilot program Wednesday morning, and hours later, the California Department of Motor Vehicles sent a letter warning legal action if the company didn't get the permit required for putting "autonomous vehicles" on public roads.

But...

upload_2016-12-14_19-13-30.png

Uber knew about the permit requirement but argued that its cars do not meet the state's definition of an "autonomous vehicle" because they require a person behind the wheel to monitor and intervene if needed.
Seems like what they really want is to be sued by their consumer base after an incident with the state allowing it due to a culture of "gross-negligence".

I am now half-expecting for the point of no forgiveness and no permission for Uber actually.

Seems like what they really want is to be sued by their consumer base after an incident with the state allowing it due to a culture of "gross-negligence".
If you ask Uber, that's totally the fault of the contractor who's operating the vehicle, not Uber's.

I can't understand why Uber can still operate. If Uber was a person he/she would be in jail.

Uber has been pulling a lot of this while the CURRENT president is in office.... and nothing has happened?!?!
I didn't realize Trump was already president... heck even the electoral vote has yet to happen.

But the electoral college has never had a case where enough unfaithful electors would swing the election. If that were to happen, then I'd imagine the US would enter a political firestorm the likes of which has not been seen since the days of Lincoln.

But the electoral college has never had a case where enough unfaithful electors would swing the election. If that were to happen, then I'd imagine the US would enter a political firestorm the likes of which has not been seen since the days of Lincoln.

I completely Agree.

But, I Still wonder why Obama (for 2 years) passed the blame buck so much.......

http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/the-blame-game-at-its-finest-21-times-obama-has-passed-the-buck/

Politics... boy talk about a problem unto itself.

I don't think San Francisco is trying to get more cash out of Uber. That video looks like a legitimate pedestrian hazard to me. I could imagine someone's 10 year old child getting mowed down by a malfunctioning Uber.

Could we stop old people from driving until they procure a new permit as well? Damn menace to the natural habitat of pedestrians.

Uber started a public pilot program Wednesday morning, and hours later, the California Department of Motor Vehicles sent a letter
Wow so the DMV can actually move their ass and do something in a relative quick time frame. Meanwhile how many weeks do I need to wait for my license?

Wow so the DMV can actually move their ass and do something in a relative quick time frame. Meanwhile how many weeks do I need to wait for my license?

as you so eloquently put in some of your other ignorant posts...stfu...you must live in the shyte hole known as Mexifornia

Funny how California already has a "autonomous vehicles" law.
So do like 11 other states i think..
I always got mine in 2 weeks while living in california, was told that's the time frame got it in that time frame... Not really quick but predictable is best. Virginia was much a worse experience...

Uber is a corporation. U.S.A. is a place where BUSINESS is more important than people. So why is what's happening a surprise? Capitalism at it's finest. Screw the populace, as long as we can keep making lots of money. People have been disposible every since the personnel departments became human resources instead. Fill out a request for X # of the humans that you need (and don't forget to make sure you fill out the EEOC form to be sure you're compliant), use them up, and discard when you're done. Don't worry about exposing them to any OSHA regulated substances or procedures, as you'll have moved on to another company by the time it gets discovered that you're mixing deadly chemicals or dangerous machinery with your humans which eventually killed some. If you plan on retiring from this company? Just make sure you have a golden parachute clause in your contract, and you might want to consider having the toxic stuff done outside the country, oh, maybe in Bhophal, India, or someplace where humans have even less value.

as you so eloquently put in some of your other ignorant posts...stfu...you must live in the shyte hole known as Mexifornia
Well someone has a bit too much sand in their vagina.

Considering the part I quoted mentioned the CALIFORNIA DMV, you're pretty bright and on top of things, now don't you have a klan meeting to run off to?

hahaha...try your racist BS on someone else "snow flake"...isn't your pillow calling you from your "safe place"? ...laughable little man

Back