Latitude E6530 upgraded to SSD, Invalid Partition Table

NIZMOZ

2[H]4U
Upgraded the E6530 Latitude to a 275GB Crucial MX-300 SSD. I am trying to install Windows 10 to it, but no matter what I do, it keeps saying Invalid partition. The bios is the latest A20 available for this laptop. Is it just not compatible to work with an SSD? I've upgraded many machines to an SSD and never ran across this. The BIOS acts like it can't see it, but when I boot from a USB to install it Windows, Windows will partition it, and start the install, its just when it goes to boot from it, it doesn't find it and says the error. I've tried Legacy mode, UEFI, and nothing seems to fix it.

This sounds like an issue I had trying to put a Adata SP920 SSD into a Dell XPS L702X laptop. I could install win10 but it never would boot after it installed and it just showed a blank screen. I don't remember if I got an error or not. I just put the SSD in my desktop and kept the hard drive in the laptop. I couldn't figure it out, but I have seen on Youtube that someone was able to install an SSD on this laptop.

if it has uefi/sata it supports ssd. make sure its set to ahci and do you have the 7-9.5mm adapter? some laptops need the adapter to keep the drive seated correctly.
also try settimh boot to thurough if it has in bios see if it gets it going then you should be able to turn it off.

I have the older E6510 with a 128GB SSD and Windows 10 on it. Windows 10 installed with no issues for me.

Does the old drive still work and have 10 on it? maybe try cloning it just to see if the SSD is not the issue.

Actually that is what I tried first was to clone it and it had the same issue. Then I did a fresh install. It boots into windows now, after I hit F1 to retry on the first failure. I have to do F1 each time it boots to get it to go. It is set to AHCI. It is the same size as the drive that was in the laptop and fits snug.

Download ultimate boot CD or some linux distro, and wipe the drive. no partition table, no partitions. Then try installing. I've seen problems with GPT/MBR things not detecting properly, and if it's a new drive, then it shouldn't matter.

Or, if you have an adapter, go into Windows / admin command prompt, and run diskpart and clean on it.

That is what I did the last time I did it. I wiped out the partitions and let Windows create them. Didn't help.

Back