Latest STEAM update seems to have fixed HL2 Stuttering for me

Rock&Roll

[H]ard|Gawd
I didn't see anyone talking about this here, so I'm bringing it up.

After Valve's latest round of steam updates, I found that my stuttering issue is completely gone (though still slightly there in Lost Coast). Everything in HL2 runs 50x more smooth. Did anyone else find that the HL2 stutter bug was fixed in the last round of STEAM updates?

I'm trying to figure this out because I was upgrading my video card when this update rolled in. I was on a 7800GTX and went to a x1900xt using Omega's 6.2's. So I don't know if it was my change in video hardware that fixed the stuttering or the update itself.

The only time I ever had stuttering with HL2 is when it came out, and they fixed it a few days after. Never had any stuttering since.

My stuttering problem has been mostly fixed since valve's last update. It was pretty bad before but now it only stutters for a second going into big open areas.

the only thing that i have noticed with the new HL2 update is that my ping went from 50 to over 120.

seems to have fixed the stuttering problem..however it broke all my damn weapon reload animations when Im spec'ing.
If i watch someone in first person spec mode when they reload you dont see the animation you see (with the USP for instance) the slide is back and stays back you dont see the hands move at all then the gun goes into battery and is ready to fire..nothing in between

the last update seems to have fixed it for me too. well mostly. i only had one stutter sound loop in about an hour of play. unfortunately it has actually caused some people to get the stutter bug that didnt have it. that source engine is a strange little bitch.

Valve have claimed to have overhauled the i/o methods used in the Source engine with the latest update and so far the results seem to be mostly positive in nature.

If they had only done this a year ago.....

Back