latest Nvidia Drivers

ematsui

Weaksauce
Ok.. Nvidia nooblet here...
I come from the ATI world, but just recently built a new rig with a 6800 GT in it :D

anyway, i go to the nvidia website and the latest drivers to download are the 61.77.
But if i run my expert tool for Gainward it download the 66.72 drivers. I also see somepeople talk about the 66.81 drivers?

Are the ones > 61.77 beta? or am i just way off?

And what ones should i be using, currently only playing CS Source and running 3dmark benches (which on an other issue, my 3dmark benches freeze unless i disable fast writes :mad: :confused: )

anyhelp appreciated.. thanks

yes much better 66.72 or better are the ones you want

but are the 66 and greater drivers beta version?
why is nvidias website out of date?
just curious

techicly yes thay are but the 66.72 are WHQLed soo try them you can get most if not all the beta drivers at guru3d

61.77 are the official drivers, all higher #s are betas. Nothing wrong with the 61.77 drivers, 66.81 drivers just give higher scores in 3Dmark 05 but don't really improve real performance. Older 61.34 drivers give the highest scores in Aquamark 3.

CastleBravo said:
61.77 are the official drivers, all higher #s are betas. Nothing wrong with the 61.77 drivers, 66.81 drivers just give higher scores in 3Dmark 05 but don't really improve real performance. Older 61.34 drivers give the highest scores in Aquamark 3.

hmm no i get ~10 more FPS in every thing i have tested them with >.>

All 66s have problems with CS:S so keep that in mind to. They are displaying lines in the terrain at certain areas. The 65.72s seem to be good. What I don't like now that I went with Nvidia is that you haveto try 8 different version in order to get the best performance/stability. I miss the ol cats that ran good had great performance consistently and you only needed to update once a month.

i've been using the 61.82 (which is wierd because they're newer then the 66.81) drivers and ran them through a slew of tests yesterday
i saw a bump in scores on all benches ... most notable was in 3dmark05 ... i got a bumped of over 400 points :)
none of my games showed any glitches

thanks for the replies..

here is the issue, I installed the golden sample 6800 gt on a fresh copy of XP and the 61.77s. I run the expert tool and set it to enhanced mode (400/1100). I can run a complete bench of 3dmark2003 and score around 12.2 k, but when i try to run 3dmark2001 SE the bench will freeze for about 5 to 10 seconds on the first car race scene, the bench will then come back and continue, needless to say it reduces my bench by about couple thousand points.

Ive seen quite a few people that have this issue and 6800s, and by disabling fast writes fixes it, well it did for me, but only to a point, if bring the clock up to 415 3dmark will still freeze.

Im going to try a sliw of drivers and see if they help, thanks

nVidia card lock-ups like that are usually a pretty good indication that you're pushing it too far... you might wanna check your temps. Not all GT's can run at Ultra speeds :-/

Back