Latest Metro: Last Light gameplay footage

_PixelNinja

[H]ard|Gawd
I already knew the game would look nice from the previous footage, but there is some gorgeous lighting and cloth physics going on in this video (I'm pretty confident in thinking my computer will weep when this comes out). I just hope they address the issues of 2033.

Metro: Last Light E3 Gameplay Demo - Part III

Part one and two here and here.

Last edited:
Metro 2033 was worth the $7.50 or whatever it was when it was on sale, the gfx alone were fun (if your card supports them). Will be buying Last Light once it's sub $10 as well and looking forward to it. Especially curious whether they expand on the ghosts a bit more.

Metro 2033 is one of my favorite shooters of the past few years. Entirely amazed by what i'm seeing here... the cloth and the lighting look ridiculous.

Gonna be hard not to buy this game at release. I'm just hoping they don't dumb the game down too much, I quite enjoyed the using ammo as currency model.

Metro 2033 is one of my favorite shooters of the past few years. Entirely amazed by what i'm seeing here... the cloth and the lighting look ridiculous.

Gonna be hard not to buy this game at release. I'm just hoping they don't dumb the game down too much, I quite enjoyed the using ammo as currency model.

Same boat here. From these short clips though, it definitely seems less unique and more maintream-ed. :(

The first game was great, but with some room for improvement. Looking forward to the sequel.

M2033 made for some amazing screen shots. The sequel looks even more so; love the cloth physics.

Should get around to playing the first one as I've barely played it. Definitely a pretty looking game.

That being said and without spoiling anything, were there action set pieces like the one in the third part with the train in 2033?

Nice cloth physics. Will be keeping an eye on this, despite the fact that I wasn't a big fan of the first one.

That being said and without spoiling anything, were there action set pieces like the one in the third part with the train in 2033?

Yes! The game had decent pacing from slow sneak and stab to intense shot anything that moves... including "on a rail" style sections.

On a separate note, one of the things I enjoyed about the game was that it reminded me of an earlier time in PC gaming. Instead of the new "we have to make everything "accessible" (easy) so we can make millions off of it." It was more like the first Half-Life, when the mentality was a fun version of "that's just how difficult it is and you can just suck it up." Though I do think the game could have benefited from some play-testing, it was still refreshing.

Last edited:
Same boat here. From these short clips though, it definitely seems less unique and more maintream-ed. :(

Metro 2033 didn't sell as well as THQ would have liked...it makes sense that the promotional footage would be tailored to appeak to a wider audience that just STALKER fans, like the build-up to Metro 2033 was.

Basically, I'm expecting Metro Last Light will retain its individuality.

Yes! The game had decent pacing from slow sneak and stab to intense shot anything that moves... including "on a rail" style sections.

On a separate note, one of the things I enjoyed about the game was that it reminded me of an earlier time in PC gaming. Instead of the new "we have to make everything "accessible" (easy) so we can make millions off of it." It was more like the first Half-Life, when the mentality was a fun version of "that's just how difficult it is and you can just suck it up." Though I do think the game could have benefited from some play-testing, it was still refreshing.

Metro 2033 was my favourite FPS of the scripted, linear variety since Half-Life 2. It did it pretty well for the most part...climbing up that tower at the end of the game felt quite harrowing and I was constantly asking myself "how the hell is he going to get back down with every ladder and climby-bit broken?!"

I thought Metro 2033 was considered a surprise hit and exceeded expectations?

But I'm not seeing how the trailers make the game seem different though than the first game. I can immediately think of a similar section in Metro 2033 for each of the trailers.

Back