Latest Destiny Patch Making Things Worse?

HardOCP News

[H] News
Anyone else having more problems than usual with Destiny after the new hotfix today that was supposed to address network issues? We've had reports from at least a dozen people having issues so we tested it here and found that we are being disconnected ten times more than usual.

The video below is from the Xbox 360 version but I can confirm that the Xbox One and PS4 versions are having the same issues. :(

I'm starting to think Bungie should start handing out codes for Ascendant Shards as compensation for all the hassle.

I'm from Australia, and i can report I am having no such issues. I have read about disconnects however in the 76hours play time so far i have yet to see one. IDK.

Im coming from wow and other mmo's so for me downtime is expected, however in this case I have found it to be rather smooth and painless. Maybe im just lucky, maybe the servers are not overloaded when I am playing.

Had a chance to play this game over the weekend.

Was not impressed. Why is this game so popular? Its basically a striped down Borderlands / Mass Effect mash up.:confused:

Also the the hell could watch those crappy cam copies, geez....

Are those normal content loading times? For a next gen console that's not acceptable. Wow.

Those are the 360 version but let me tell you (watch some of my other videos) they aren't much better. :(

Yah, load times on this game are absolutely atrocious.

And they try to disguise them by loading a bit here, transfer you to another screen and then continue loading with a different animation playing. :(

This game is popular due to Hype =) The problem with the game are story based and mechanics lack of depth and cheap Multiplayer. Compared to other recent games it just doesn't deliver.

Why does Bungie still exist. Their co-founder is gone, Jason Jones is too scared to ever show his face, and they can't seem to do anything aside from create multiplayer. The first Halo was such a fuckin' fluke. It's funny because it has one of the best FPS engines ever but they decided to never use it again.

Had a chance to play this game over the weekend.

Was not impressed. Why is this game so popular? Its basically a striped down Borderlands / Mass Effect mash up.:confused:

Initial popularity was due to marketing and hype - Activision spent a fortune on advertising.

Actual day by day is dropping off a cliff at a rate that will probably make Titanfall's abandonment rate seem mild.

Can't wait till the beta testing is done on consoles for the PC release =)

Before the game came out I thought it was too bad Bungie chose to ignore PC. Having played the game, now I'm glad they did. PC-only gamers aren't missing anything.

the pre-release hype reached Half Life 2 levels...how did Bungie screw this up

Destiny was the most pre-ordered game in history, I read. Activision really duped a lot of people.

I got bored after a minute and a half of watching loading screens.

That's precisely why I left them in the video. You get a minute of game play (if that) booted to the desktop and 5 minutes of loading screens just to get booted again. :(

I did a lot of complaining about network issues when the game launched and for the first week or two, but I've been pretty stable since.

Holy loading times batman!

Not just the times but the way it's built, you load to load a menu with a single or low amount of selections to load another screen with one selection to watch another load screen!

i wonder if this is just a simple server load issue, or *puts on tin foil hat* maybe this game is triggering some kind of ISP filtering? The second disconnect where you got booted from XBL is kind of suspect with a test that ran fine a moment later if you aren't seeing these kinds of (XBL) disconnects in other games.

Okay... the second and then on disconnect from XBL!! Shoot Looks like MS should look into this too, if not just to say "it's them, not us."

The ironic part about all this is that the Halo Collection is coming out soon and it will have rock solid network performance. A bunch of games that Bungie made in the first fucking place. :rolleyes:

Well I guess I'm happy the PC version isn't out yet. Maybe they can finish the beta by then.

No PS4 issues last night, played for a couple hours without incident. Other than dying repeated, that is.

I don't know why people hate this game so much my nephew and I are both loving it.

Back