Latest BF34 patch utterly ruined the game.

i still feel like their formula for hit detection is messed up because of a few things - Rate of fire on the weapon and damage are playing too much of a part in second chance opportunities. Feels like i get punished for getting first strike time and time again in CQB situations.

i've never seen this...

I just tested and it's 61 exactly, so "almost 70" was off by nine hitpoints(well, not really). However whether it's 61 or 70 doesn't change the fact that this amounts to two rockets to the rear kills a tank.

I think the game plays a lot smoother now with the new update...but they really screwed up the gameplay. I guess all the people that were bitching that the planes and choppers were not strong enough got their wish. Every air map I have played on since the new update has been a real cluster. At least before you had a little more balance with stingers and guided shells, but now they seem invincible with good pilots.

They just seemed to make a bunch of wholesale changes all at once and it feels like a completely different game..at least to me anyways.

It's the upgrades for the flyers. To me, that's total bullshit. You should be able to get into a vehicle with it's full capabilities.

I have 36,000 jet kills in BF2. All I knew about BF3 was that I was buying it. I'm flying around wondering where my countermeasures are, thinking my controls are messed-up.

Upgrade for chaff? No carpet bombing? No TV guided missiles? (unless you have to upgrade for them I don't know) you gotta be kidding me... that's what made flying fun in BF2- The ability to annihilate copious amounts of noobs at one time.

I don't know what dice is thinking honestly, almost every weapon I used feels so different now. Tanks are made of cardboard... everything in the air is even more overpowered. I am over BF3 I just wish there was another good fps to play online :(

Counter Strike :)

I just tested and it's 61 exactly, so "almost 70" was off by nine hitpoints(well, not really). However whether it's 61 or 70 doesn't change the fact that this amounts to two rockets to the rear kills a tank.

ah - sorry. i thought you meant prior to patch.

ah - sorry. i thought you meant prior to patch.

I did. As far as I know RPG/SMAW damage is unchanged this patch. Javelins got a boost when hitting tanks from the rear(and maybe sides, I don't feel like checking the notes again) un-guided by a laser, and tank cannons got a boost to the front and side.

I'm enjoying it. I actually just had some of my best Tank rounds yet. To me, Tanks are not frontal assault vehicles. They are ranged destruction vehicles. They work well when you play them that way.

The game is not based on realism, but I'll bite; Show me how much damage a Javelin will do to a modern main-battle tank. I'm guessing it's significantly less than you think. Modern composite armor is unbelievably resilient, and man-fired weaponry generally is not the most effective way to deal with them. The tank's main cannon should be balanced significantly stronger than anything that can be fired from an infantryman's shoulder, both due to the fact that this is really true, and due to the fact that it's a video-game and man + tank should be worth more than just man by himself.

So you're saying that two guys working together *and* having a tank gives them an extreme advantage over a single dude running around on foot? How imbalanced!

sorry..wrong...the FGM-148 was designed to destroy tanks with Reactive armor..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FGM-148_Javelin

in the sub heading Advantages/disadvantages.

sorry..wrong...the FGM-148 was designed to destroy tanks with Reactive armor..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FGM-148_Javelin

in the sub heading Advantages/disadvantages.

Ok, so give me the countermeasure suites that modern MBT's come equipped with, give me the realistic casualty radius of their weapons, and further give me their fire control computer system and accurate range of effectiveness(3000ft on the HMG, 3x that or more for the main cannon), and we'll call it even.

Realism is not a good argument.

oh don't worry about the thread title. by the time we get to bf34, those cretins are still going to release game-breaking patches.

Ok, so give me the countermeasure suites that modern MBT's come equipped with, give me the realistic casualty radius of their weapons, and further give me their fire control computer system and accurate range of effectiveness(3000ft on the HMG, 3x that or more for the main cannon), and we'll call it even.

Realism is not a good argument.

Right. I'm sure none of this game is tailored around realism at all. Excellent conclusion.

Right. I'm sure none of this game is tailored around realism at all. Excellent conclusion.

DICE has literally said fun / gameplay will always take priority over something being realistic

DICE has literally said fun / gameplay will always take priority over something being realistic

Which is my point. "It's realistic" is a terrible argument if it cannot also be accompanied by "and more fun".

I hate to discuss this patch in a thread obviously started to get a reaction, but here it goes...

I did. As far as I know RPG/SMAW damage is unchanged this patch. Javelins got a boost when hitting tanks from the rear(and maybe sides, I don't feel like checking the notes again) un-guided by a laser, and tank cannons got a boost to the front and side.

I've been reading about BF3 a lot lately as I'm just getting back into it, and I swear I've heard multiple times that tank's HP was nerfed. I don't want to put the burden of proof on you when I'm too lazy/tired to look it up, so I'd still take your word over mine for now, but it might be worth looking up if someone wants to.

I've been reading about BF3 a lot lately as I'm just getting back into it, and I swear I've heard multiple times that tank's HP was nerfed. I don't want to put the burden of proof on you when I'm too lazy/tired to look it up, so I'd still take your word over mine for now, but it might be worth looking up if someone wants to.

It has been, in those specific instances I mentioned. That's what the patch notes say, if they can't be trusted then it's all up in the air anyway.

THIS....

Air power just rains damage and there's not a damn thing you can do about from the ground.

I wonder how much this mimics real combat situations... Ever seen that helicopter video in green-night vision /w some heat detection system where one helictoper takes out like 12 enemy combatants even as they are trying to hide behind trucks, etc due to the power of their rounds + heat-detection. Without the combatants seeming to fire off // return a single shot probably due to fear and just trying to hide somewhere.

Back