Latest 260.99 driver bug

Matthew Kane

Supreme [H]ardness
Just updated mine from 258 to the latest 260.99 today. Every game I run is no longer in WS mode, even though it has always been before. At any resolution, any game I run, everything is not WS for me for a 19inch WS monitor, anyone else having this problem?

Did you clean install? That doesn't sound like a normal driver issue.

That isn't a driver bug.

It is to me, on my desktop not doing anything, screen goes blank and then back again, sometimes it does it when I move my mouse after a long period of non activity.

And yes, I did do a clean installation of the driver as always, I've gone into safemode and removed drivers and installed from that onwards, used a driver cleaner app from guru3d, and still same symptoms apply. Gone back to the last 258 driver and everything has been fine, but little decrease in my frames when I had 260 for MOH and Blackops, except its not in WS mode for me.

i had a different issue with 260.99 but i think it should fix your issue too.

uninstall drivers
delete driver install folder, default is c:\nvidia
reboot
go in to deceive manager , right click the video card, uninstall. it will ask if you want to save files, tell it no.
reboot
install drivers.

what happen to me was after i uninstalled the driver and rebooted windows loaded some other driver files it had stored some place so the new install was not fresh. my issue was a stutter. fraps showed smooth FPS but there was a stutter and i had to dump the drivers from windows after the uninstall and reboot to make it work like normal.

Back