The Last of Us: Part II

Colonel Sanders or M76 !? Taco would like a word with you.

I dont remember who, but one of you said there's no hint of LGBT-ism in this game, no hint actually you said.
What I've said is that there is no agenda pushing in the game. The mere existence of a gay couple is not agenda pushing. It becomes agenda pushing when the writers stuff words in the character's mouths to send messages.
The only thing that can be attributed as a message is the old guy who represents the bigot in the dance scene. But I don't think that was an unrealistic representation either, it felt natural I could easily imagine this happening in some backwoods country club in real life.

I know I'm always using it as an example, but Chimera Squad fits the agenda pushing glove perfectly. I mean the only representation of white males in that game is as a picture on the wall on some levels depicting some fat slob billionaire.
And all of the characters are constantly spouting woke jokes, and "their" ideas about male/female relationships. "Their" being between quotation marks because it is clear as day that those were the writers own views and absolutely feel out of place in the game world and just pure cringe.
What happens during yara and abby conversation in the aquarium when the "boy" ran and hid somewhere? It's a she, isn't it? 🙄
I actually thought Lev was a boy, so they really did a bad job at pushing the agenda if that was their goal. The only reference I remember that might have suggested that he was trans that they said he was to be given as a wife to an elder. I actually assumed they were assigning boys to the old religious farts, as the real catholic church seemed to dabble in that thing as well. I never had second thoughts about it and the game never mentions anything concrete that I could remember. Either way he could've been trans, but it didn't matter because it was all seamless, nothing cried agenda about it.

So okay, ellie and dina are lesbians. Yes, dina too because she's kissing ellie.
So what, the mere existence of lesbians is not an agenda, they exist IRL whether you like it or not. I admit that it disappoints me when a hot chick turns out to be a lesbian, because it means I can pack it in and move on.
But ducking my head in the sand and pretending they don't exist is not going to change that. And thinking that their mere existence in a game is an agenda is the height of intolerance.

Abby is modeled into a man body and now this?!
Somehow I feel that you still assume I'm just making excuses for the game. But let me be absolutely clear on this: I do love girls with muscles, it's not an excuse.
Abby being modeled as is in this game, is the best thing that could've happened. Until now, I always had to resort to mods in games, this is the first time that a female character is muscular enough for my taste, and I'm really grateful to ND for that.

I've heard the insult "it's a girl with a man's body" and much worse a thousand times over, repeating the same thing over and over again won't make it any truer.

A boy who's a girl, but decides to associate with male gender?

I am sorry, but how is this not pushing LGBT agenda? If this isn't, then I don't know what is.
Unless you believe their mere existence is an agenda, there is no agenda. As I mentioned an agenda is when the writers use in-game characters as megaphones for their own views. It doesn't belong. Every conversation I saw in TLOU2 felt real and believable.

Last edited:
Dear M76 Sir,

If they pushed it harder and it was ultra noticable, then they probably would get twice the hell they're getting. They're a talented group, smooth and seamless they know how to do.
Sure and 2+2 = 4
There was more agenda in Uncharted the Lost Legacy. Did that get thrashed? No. I wonder why is that. Is it because there weren't massive leaks for that revealing that the main male character dies ?

I'm puzzled why they made her like that though.
What I find ironic is that the same people who are now up in arms about her being muscular are mostly the same people who always complain about smaller women beating up men in games.
Heck I already heard that levied against Ellie as criticism to this very game. So really there is no pleasing some people, unless they completely exclude everything but the stereotypical 80s male hero archetype.
I'd bet anything that if they had a man with a bodybuilder's physique in the game none of these people would be making fun of it, or mention where he got his steroids after the apocalypse.

Anyways, taco sees this as a rotary argument. We will both find supportive points for both sides of the table
It is included in one game, and people act as if it is the end of the world, when it was already obvious in the first game's DLC that Ellie might be a lesbian. Once a game does not pander to your specific sensibilities, and it's the devil reincarnate with an agenda.

I must say, I've never seen a game turn me off for every character. I don't find any of them likable at this point, hell I don't think i want to play anything at this point. Talk about powerful...
And I've never seen a game before, that would've had such a profound effect on me that one week after finishing it I'm still under its spell, and struggling to get into any movie/game ever since. As everything feels flat and boring comparatively.
The closest thing was finishing Mass Effect 1, but that lasted for about a day before moving on.

I've noticed most of these, but there are some I didn't know, like teeth getting knocked out, or using enemies as shields against clickers.

The most insane detail to me is that people's muscles flex in accordance with specific movements.

I'll let my girl demonstrate :D

Untitled.jpg

So not as if I ever doubted it, but Abby's physique is not actually based on a man. She was the body model:

colleenfotsch - B7Ztz2JgqW0_B7Ztz0Ighe4.jpg

1179957.png

Just let them have their "akkkkshually I'd give her a 2 out of 10 would not bang" moment
Oww, they can have that. I have no problem with people having in my opinion bad taste :D I see plenty of that in the babe thread in genmay, but somehow I never felt the need to make any nasty comments.

Last edited:
Damn this game is long. I mean that in the best way possible, too. I'm almost 30 hours in and I'm still not done. I feel like I'm pretty close at this point (village), but I'm honestly shocked at the length of the game and how diverse the various areas are. There are definitely some areas that feel sparse and a little like filler, but they're only maybe 10% of the game. They're mostly "this should have been a cutscene instead of gameplay" moments FWIW. For a linear, non-RPG, this is one of the longer games I've ever played.

Damn this game is long. I mean that in the best way possible, too. I'm almost 30 hours in and I'm still not done. I feel like I'm pretty close at this point (village), but I'm honestly shocked at the length of the game and how diverse the various areas are. There are definitely some areas that feel sparse and a little like filler, but they're only maybe 10% of the game. They're mostly "this should have been a cutscene instead of gameplay" moments FWIW. For a linear, non-RPG, this is one of the longer games I've ever played.

I JUST fell into a hole with Nora in the hospital, and there were spores down there, so I'm assuming she's going to become a runner,
then I had to come to work.

You're farther than I am, but you're right, this game is long and definitely has a lot of areas that keep it interesting, and it feels like quite a journey. I'm eager to keep going, stupid adult life.

I JUST fell into a hole with Nora in the hospital, and there were spores down there, so I'm assuming she's going to become a runner,
then I had to come to work.

You're farther than I am, but you're right, this game is long and definitely has a lot of areas that keep it interesting, and it feels like quite a journey. I'm eager to keep going, stupid adult life.

Lol, you're not even halfway through the game still.

It's crazy when you really think you're at the end of the game too.. and then it goes on for another couple hours at least. I loved the whole ride though and now my wife is too watching me replay through Newgame+.

I thought I was pretty close to the end on Friday, but there were several pretty long sequences that popped up unexpectedly. Every time I think things are about to circle back around to "that moment," something else zany happens. The timeline is narrowing and I have gotten a couple achievements for discovering all of something, so I can't be that far. Yet there are at least two moments in the TV commercial that I haven't encountered. I haven't gotten all of the weapons and I haven't found all of the workbenches, either.

Once I do win the game, I'm tempted to just immediately play through it again. As I get further, I feel like I'm learning some different approaches that I wish I tried earlier. Especially with the improvised weapons.

I thought I was pretty close to the end on Friday, but there were several pretty long sequences that popped up unexpectedly. Every time I think things are about to circle back around to "that moment," something else zany happens. The timeline is narrowing and I have gotten a couple achievements for discovering all of something, so I can't be that far. Yet there are at least two moments in the TV commercial that I haven't encountered. I haven't gotten all of the weapons and I haven't found all of the workbenches, either.

Once I do win the game, I'm tempted to just immediately play through it again. As I get further, I feel like I'm learning some different approaches that I wish I tried earlier. Especially with the improvised weapons.

I'm going to replay it, I like to explore, but I explore where the game wants me to go and it blocks me from backtracking, so I miss looking at some areas and it drives me crazy.

Hell, even I'm thinking doing an NG+. I was never a fan of that. But on the first go I was 100% immersed in the narrative, when it made sense to hurry I hurried regardless of knowing it doesn't matter to the game. So I probably missed a lot of secrets. But also found some things that I usually miss in other games. Like the record shop on the first day of seattle. Or the bull in the china shop moment also on day 1 with Abby.

I've been pretty diligent with saving (or using the "restart encounter") functionality so I don't miss anything major. A general rule is that there's no such thing as a locked door you can't open. There are a couple pretty obvious exceptions later, but I don't think there is a single locked door you can't bypass with Ellie. Most of the time you're just missing out on vitamins, spare parts, ammo, collectibles, or notes so it's no big deal. There's a whole section of apartments near the hospital that you can totally bypass if you aren't paying attention, though. Those had a couple good items, too.

If/when I make a NG+ run, I'll probably try to get all of the collectibles. I've obviously missed a few along the way...but probably not many. No more then 10-15%, although there are a shitload of them in this game. At least a couple were tossed in some obscure corners, too.

I've been pretty diligent with saving (or using the "restart encounter") functionality so I don't miss anything major. A general rule is that there's no such thing as a locked door you can't open. There are a couple pretty obvious exceptions later, but I don't think there is a single locked door you can't bypass with Ellie. Most of the time you're just missing out on vitamins, spare parts, ammo, collectibles, or notes so it's no big deal. There's a whole section of apartments near the hospital that you can totally bypass if you aren't paying attention, though. Those had a couple good items, too.

If/when I make a NG+ run, I'll probably try to get all of the collectibles. I've obviously missed a few along the way...but probably not many. No more then 10-15%, although there are a shitload of them in this game. At least a couple were tossed in some obscure corners, too.

I need to manually save more often, I just do it when I quit playing. I'm just so wrapped up in playing I forget to pause it and save, lol.

I need to manually save more often, I just do it when I quit playing. I'm just so wrapped up in playing I forget to pause it and save, lol.
It seemed to me that manual save is not actually manual save. When you create a manual save and load it later you're just put to the last checkpoint before that. But checkpoints are extremely close together. Almost at every corner. I never had the problem of having to beat a segment I already beat because I died later.

Yeah, manual saves aren't that great if you're actually looking to save your game and quit. They're much better if you're at a crossroads and are pretty sure one path leads to a new section while another leads to gear. Autosaves will put you back at the beginning of the new area (so you miss out) while a manual save will keep you in the area prior. You might be all the way back at the beginning of that area, but at least you won't miss out on anything if you're a completionist. Ditto if you use up a shitload of your resources in a fight.

Then I'll just keep on as I'm doing.
I already know I'm going to replay it.

One last battle, Colonel Sanders and/or M76 .

View attachment 257438

How come ellie sets off clickers and bloatware and other infected? I mean this has been bugging me since the first one. If they don't attack each other, technically she's infected too. I know she's immune and all that, but surely they could sense infection if they sense each other?

One other thing, how come Joel never had sex with ellie? For the sake of humanity! Imagine if she gave birth to immune kid? I'd be down for that if I were immune and it was pandemic. Unless of course there's a chance of carrying a bloater(mini bloater?) Brr, cnt imagine giving birth to that..😵😵

I just assumed it's because Ellie's infection never grew beyond a certain point (due to being immune) so the fungus in other infected people just senses a normal uninfected person. Or it could be that the "strain" of fungus she was infected with was a mutated version which is actually why she's immune (IIRC this was mentioned somewhere in the first game but don't hold me to that.)

Not even going to waste my time answering the second question when the answer is obvious.

That Last Of Us Part 2 Review "Buy, Wait for Sale, Rent, Never Touch?"

ACG's verdict: Wait for a Sale

are you going to discount his review now that he didn't gush over the game?

T4rd already beat the game and made his opinion clear... what is he supposed to do, change his opinion now?

T4rd already beat the game and made his opinion clear... what is he supposed to do, change his opinion now?

you guys are way too defensive about the game...relax...it seems like a great game...just because everyone doesn't think it's 10/10 doesn't mean it's a bad game...I've said it multiple times, but the internet culture nowadays is everything either has to be a 10 or a 0...there is no in between...but in reality you can give a game an 8 and it's still a great game

you guys are way too defensive about the game...relax...it seems like a great game...just because everyone doesn't think it's 10/10 doesn't mean it's a bad game...I've said it multiple times, but the internet culture nowadays is everything either has to be a 10 or a 0...there is no in between...but in reality you can give a game an 8 and it's still a great game

Of course, I have never said otherwise. But you're acting like T4rd should change his opinion now because a reviewer he likes gave a mixed review. I am not "defending the game" in this moment, I just find it puzzling why you keep coming back here to sprinkle some negative/mixed thoughts or reactions about the game and ignore all the positive ones.

Of course, I have never said otherwise. But you're acting like T4rd should change his opinion now because a reviewer he likes gave a mixed review. I am not "defending the game" in this moment, I just find it puzzling why you keep coming back here to sprinkle some negative/mixed thoughts or reactions about the game and ignore all the positive ones.

what negative thoughts?...I've said multiple times that I think I'm going to like the game a lot...T4rd said he was waiting for ACG's review...so I'm wondering if he's going to change his mind about ACG after reading his review...I think he was expecting ACG to love it as much as him...stop being such a diehard fanboy and looking at everyone and everything that doesn't give the game a 10 as hate

so you only want me to post 10/10 reviews and everything else (even from respected reviewers) is seen as hate?

what negative thoughts?...I've said multiple times that I think I'm going to like the game a lot...T4rd said he was waiting for ACG's review...so I'm wondering if he's going to change his mind about ACG after reading his review...I think he was expecting ACG to love it as much as him...stop being such a diehard fanboy and looking at everyone and everything that doesn't give the game a 10 as hate

so you only want me to post 10/10 reviews and everything else (even from respected reviewers) is seen as hate?

Dude, are you kidding me... I am NOT saying "all non-10 out of 10 reviews are unacceptable" FFS!!! You're doing the exact opposite, if you DO like the game that much somehow you're a blind fanboy. Why the fuck can't we just accept someone's opinion (aside from idiotic review bombers and trolls...)

Dude, are you kidding me... I am NOT saying "all non-10 out of 10 reviews are unacceptable" FFS!!! You're doing the exact opposite, if you DO like the game that much somehow you're a blind fanboy. Why the fuck can't we just accept someone's opinion (aside from idiotic review bombers and trolls...)

you are being a fanboy because you want to ignore any and all criticisms of the game (even great games can have flaws)...it's OK if other people don't like the game as much as you do, it doesn't invalidate your opinion...stop looking at criticism as hate or trolls etc...if someone thinks the game is an 8/10 does it really matter all that much?...you're taking things way too personally

you are being a fanboy because you want to ignore any and all criticisms of the game (even great games can have flaws)...it's OK if other people don't like the game as much as you do, it doesn't invalidate your opinion...stop looking at criticism as hate or trolls etc...if someone thinks the game is a 9/10 does it really matter all that much?...you're taking things way too personally

Why are you ignoring my posts about the game where I talked about my own criticisms? edit: OK, to be fair I may have hidden them in spoiler tags... so maybe if you skipped those to avoid spoilers, that's why you didn't read them. But trust me they're in there.

Welp, I finally completed the game. The game has more false endings than Lord of the Rings. I thought things were done at least a dozen times only to discover massive sections of the game yet to come.

I'd put myself in the 10/10 group. It's one of those games I'm going to remember in a decade. It's an all-time great at far as I'm concerned. Any complaints I have are pretty minor. It was a wild (and long) ride. My total playtime was 35 hours. Somehow it didn't count one of the workbenches so I didn't get that achievement for some reason. I looked up the list online and I hit 'em all. I can only guess one of my "restart encounter" choices made one not register or something.

Welp, I finally completed the game. The game has more false endings than Lord of the Rings. I thought things were done at least a dozen times only to discover massive sections of the game yet to come.

I'd put myself in the 10/10 group. It's one of those games I'm going to remember in a decade. It's an all-time great at far as I'm concerned. Any complaints I have are pretty minor. It was a wild (and long) ride. My total playtime was 35 hours. Somehow it didn't count one of the workbenches so I didn't get that achievement for some reason. I looked up the list online and I hit 'em all. I can only guess one of my "restart encounter" choices made one not register or something.

Oh great, another blind fanboy to add to the mix :rolleyes:

:p

I look at it in much the same way... there were parts that I think could've been better (mostly related to pacing, as I felt some scavenging sections dragged on) but the game is so impactful in other ways that I'm still thinking about it every day since I finished it, and started my NG+ already (which is something I almost never do.)

Reactions: M76
like this
I'm thinking about giving NG+ an immediate go myself. I do still want to try out the new Borderlands DLC, but I'm compelled to keep playing TLoU2. Even during the moments when I was curious when it would end, I was still thinking about how I'd approach certain areas differently.

I figure when I do replay things I'll likely use a collectibles guide. I'm honestly curious how many items I missed. I was pretty thorough, but some areas were huge and they could have been dicks hiding cards and coins. I remember at least a few Uncharted treasures borderline required a hint guide.

That Last Of Us Part 2 Review "Buy, Wait for Sale, Rent, Never Touch?"

ACG's verdict: Wait for a Sale

are you going to discount his review now that he didn't gush over the game?
Yes I will. Wait for sale is the worst advice that can be given about this game.
There is no middle ground here, it is a divisive game due to the obvious things depicted in it. Depending on your disposition you'll either hate it or love it.
Some people clearly wanted something else and are not open minded enough for what the game has done. That's fine, I Have no problem with that.
What I personally take issue with is the people who try to ruin it for the rest of us because they don't like it.

Many hate Abby, fine, but saying the game is therefore a 0/10 or 3/10 or not worth buying for is a ridiculous thing to say. It's like me going around with foaming mouth telling everyone not to buy the witcher 3, because I personally disliked Geralt.

Most people love the Witcher3 and say its the best game ever. I played it for 5 hours and struggled to identify with the character and his motivations so I quit.
The difference is that I Didn't go on every possible forum/outlet thereafter to dump on the game. Saying how it is the worst thing ever, and I didn't start petitions to replace Geralt with someone else in it. (Like for example a well built woman? :D)
And I never questioned the quality, size, complexity and impact of the game, I just concluded it is not for me.

Even if we disregard the story completely in TLOU2 there are plenty of things to gush about. Things that no game has done in this quality or at all before. So in conclusion yes I will discount his review in a heartbeat, because he is giving the worst advice possible.

Actually I changed my mind: The Last of Us II has ruined gaming forever.

Because from now on everything has to contend with this. And will feel flat, uninspired and dull comparatively.

LOL, now that I'm able to go back and read some of the reviews, I'm noticing a decent amount of people saying they lacked resources.
I found myself almost always loaded to the max with the exception of ammo. I'm not sure how the games decides to dish out additional ammo, but I felt like I always got ammo drops when I needed more. The game also intentionally had a bunch laying around in areas with loads of enemies. I guess you might run out if you only like using 1-2 weapons, but I just stuck to whatever I had the most ammo for and did fine. The first 40% of the game I did a lot of stealth kills, but I went Rambo for most of the second half.
What I didn't use much were the improvised weapons like the molotovs and bombs. The bomb traps are super strong/effective, but they force you to do a lot of planning to use them. Something the game doesn't always offer you. Molotovs and fire in general felt weak. Too many enemies survived those for my tastes.

Even I gave the game a 9/10, and I can't stop gushing over it. In my review I mentioned the flaws I found in it and in my spoiler analisis I also mentioned how I'd change the story to be less divisive and more acceptable to me as well.

LOL, now that I'm able to go back and read some of the reviews, I'm noticing a decent amount of people saying they lacked resources.
I found myself almost always loaded to the max with the exception of ammo. I'm not sure how the games decides to dish out additional ammo, but I felt like I always got ammo drops when I needed more. The game also intentionally had a bunch laying around in areas with loads of enemies. I guess you might run out if you only like using 1-2 weapons, but I just stuck to whatever I had the most ammo for and did fine. The first 40% of the game I did a lot of stealth kills, but I went Rambo for most of the second half.
What I didn't use much were the improvised weapons like the molotovs and bombs. The bomb traps are super strong/effective, but they force you to do a lot of planning to use them. Something the game doesn't always offer you. Molotovs and fire in general felt weak. Too many enemies survived those for my tastes.
The lack of resources comes from the lack of carrying capacity. A little larger carrying capacity would've went a long way. Especially for ammo. You find an automatic weapon later in the game and you can have 15 bullets in the mag, and 10 spare? WTF.

if you have complaints how can it be 10/10?

if you have complaints how can it be 10/10?

I literally have complaints about every game. I don't believe "perfect" is possible. A 10/10 is basically as good as something can be, but everything has flaws.
In my life I'd probably give 15 or so games a 10/10 going back to the 80's and I have complaints about all of them.

Back