The Last of Us: Part II

Don't you care enough that they are trying to desensitize you and cause your mind to flop gender? I wouldn't be risking it. Surely the dlc might be winged as being young kid not understand much and sneak in a kiss, but here, they turn the protagonist into an established lesbian(ellie), and protagonist#2 a woman-less young lady! Have you seen her body build?! Except for a small hint of boobs, she's like a late teen male!!

It almost feels like they're trying too hard to shove the LGBT agenda into you, saying: "look, this is NORMAL!!! EAT IT!!!!"

taco shaking heads...🙄

I get your worry, but, I don't think the point of the game is to get in the pants of the same sex.

From the trailers, it looks like Ellie's girlfriend gets murdered.
Buff chick gets strung up and tortured.

I think they both have revenge on their minds, and they just so happen to be lgbtqrs

Reactions: T4rd
like this
That's what killed the 3rd batman game for me, they changed the controls to incorporate the batmobile and it threw me off so much after playing the first 2 games back to back

Yeah, I'm hoping they don't mess with the control scheme too much. Or if they do, hopefully they'll have different options for returning players.
I remember being mad at TLoU on PS3 because they changed a lot of the Uncharted controls for no apparent reason.
IMO, nothing is more infuriating than Souls-like games changing that control layout. There's no reason to mess with thousands of hours of muscle memory just to do it.

Watching someone else play a "stealth and search every nook and cranny" game sounds like torture to me :p

Watching someone else play a "stealth and search every nook and cranny" game sounds like torture to me :p

Watching anyone play a game is torture. I never understood the game streaming thing, as I'd rather play than watch. When it was starting, I didn't think it'd take off, but, then it took off, and, blew my mind.
Personally, I'm a control freak, and watching people play and miss something, or go the opposite direction I'd go, would drive me bonkers.

Last time I watched someone play a game, I was a kid, and waiting on them to die so I can take my turn. Even then it was torture!

Watching anyone play a game is torture. I never understood the game streaming thing, as I'd rather play than watch. When it was starting, I didn't think it'd take off, but, then it took off, and, blew my mind.
Personally, I'm a control freak, and watching people play and miss something, or go the opposite direction I'd go, would drive me bonkers.

Last time I watched someone play a game, I was a kid, and waiting on them to die so I can take my turn. Even then it was torture!

For me, I like to watch people play competitive games. Fighting games, sports games, and even shooters to some degree. I also never minded watching friends play RPG's and slower paced games because, frankly, any sane person is going to play them the exact same way. When I was in college, my roommate and I would split playtime in most RPG's to avoid burnout. If there's any finesse needed or if there isn't a competitive element, I'm out. Especially if they're being incentivized to explore every square inch of a map or wait around a lot. UGH.

My wife will oddly watch me play more than I ever would. If anything ever becomes frustrating or tedious, she tends to bail or bust our her phone, though. I think her general rule is that whenever I begin verbally talking to a game, she's out.

For me, I like to watch people play competitive games. Fighting games, sports games, and even shooters to some degree. I also never minded watching friends play RPG's and slower paced games because, frankly, any sane person is going to play them the exact same way. When I was in college, my roommate and I would split playtime in most RPG's to avoid burnout. If there's any finesse needed or if there isn't a competitive element, I'm out. Especially if they're being incentivized to explore every square inch of a map or wait around a lot. UGH.

My wife will oddly watch me play more than I ever would. If anything ever becomes frustrating or tedious, she tends to bail or bust our her phone, though. I think her general rule is that whenever I begin verbally talking to a game, she's out.

I kinda get watching people play competitive games, to get strategies to implement yourself, or if you've got money on them. That makes more sense than watching people play something like Animal Crossing.

Another thing that annoys me about the "Let's play" videos, is their commentary, and the fact that 99% of them put their ugly mugs in one of the corners of the screen. IF I'm going to watch someone play, I just want the game play, not their commentary, and definitely not their face.

Anyway, to get back on topic:

Just 3 more days!

From the trailers, it looks like Ellie's girlfriend gets murdered.
Buff chick gets strung up and tortured.

I'm sure they want the trailer to look like that, but am betting that it's Joel that gets killed and that's who she's avenging. Just from how little we've seen and heard about him in the reviews or otherwise.

I think the buff chick might be flashbacks of Ellie's mom or something since she looks similar to her. Wouldn't doubt if they jump around timelines like they did in Uncharted 3 and 4. But probably not and she's just a new character in this story.

I'm sure they want the trailer to look like that, but am betting that it's Joel that gets killed and that's who she's avenging. Just from how little we've seen and heard about him in the reviews or otherwise.

I think the buff chick might be flashbacks of Ellie's mom or something since she looks similar to her. Wouldn't doubt if they jump around timelines like they did in Uncharted 3 and 4. But probably not and she's just a new character in this story.

Could be Joel.

Either way, revenge is revenge, and I'm ready to serve it up cold.

Yeah, I'm also thinking they want people to think Dinah gets killed and that's what sets Ellie off, but it's a misdirect. Notice how in the "dance" trailer, Ellie mentions Dinah had just broken up with Jesse and expects them to get back together within a couple of weeks. So Ellie's kinda of like Dinah's rebound, in other words... so not all that much motive to go on a massive vengeance rampage. Then again, there could be a lot more about the Dinah + Ellie relationship we don't know. Maybe they've had an on-again-off-again thing for the past five years.

I swear I remember reading that the buff chick WAS Ellie's mom in flashback way back when the first teasers were revealed, but maybe that was just one of those rumors that gets circulating around as "legit" and gains steam. One of the reviews I read actually had a couple of fairly big spoilers in it (despite a clear message at the beginning saying there wouldn't be any) about a female character at the start of the story and that might be her, and she's NOT Ellie's mom.

I'll watch people play certain levels or bosses but only after I've already played or if I need help with something but other then that I never watch games being streamed (mainly because I hate spoilers)

as far as LoU2, I'm going to have to wait until I get the PS5...since I sold my PS4 awhile back I have no intention of buying a new PS4 Pro just for this...with the PS5 release just a few months away it doesn't make any sense to buy a PS4 now...so I'll have to avoid all spoilers...I'm sure a PS5 Enhanced Edition will be released as well (with ray-tracing)

I just replayed the first game for the first time since 2013. It holds up. That giraffe scene hits hard. I love how ND throws in these beautiful moments of peace and tranquility amidst all the chaos. Another example being New Devon. I hope there's something like that in the new game.

So my prediction of TLoU2 turning into a controversy magnet appears to be accurate. Any review that's positive on Youtube is being slammed with dislikes, and the click-baity outrage-mongering ones with titles like "IT'S ACTUALLY EVEN WORSE THAN YOU THOUGHT" are blowing up.

The gaming internet always hungers for controversy, and it's been starving for a while now. It found its next meal.

Cleaned my PS4 Pro out and put some new Noctua NT-H2 paste on it and it seems a bit quieter now, though it wasn't that loud usually before. So hopefully it'll handle this game alright now. Seems they were pretty generous with the paste when mine was made:

IMG_20200617_205113.jpg

Got most of it out before the new paste:

IMG_20200617_211115.jpg

Didn't have much dust in the heatsink or fan to blow out either.

Jumping around games from God if War, Spiderman, Horizon, and Uncharted 4, the fan is hardly spinning up, so hopefully it stays that way for TLoU Part 2.

I never have much of a reference point for console noise. Both my PS4 Pro and my (now sold) Xbox One X are loud to me. At least whenever they're running any newer and more intense games. I can never tell if that's normal and my expectations are based on PC expectations or what. They're both as loud as a PC running the AIDA Extreme torture test when they're playing something newer. Especially if I ever bring up the system UI.

LegacyKillaHD? Meh, he's one of the biggest ourage-mongers on YT. People make money generating clicks from controversy and outrage, and he's one of the best examples of it. More power to the him and the people who enjoy it though.

No idea who he is, just stumbled upon the video, and he "clears up" the review-polarization.

TL;DW though he just says that reviews are subjective, which they are. Always have been, always will be.

No idea who he is, just stumbled upon the video, and he "clears up" the review-polarization.

TL;DW though he just says that reviews are subjective, which they are. Always have been, always will be.
except when you are worried about loosing those clicks he's concerned about. cant say something bad and risk not getting the next review copy. pretty sure someone around here knows all about that...

except when you are worried about loosing those clicks he's concerned about. cant say something bad and risk not getting the next review copy. pretty sure someone around here knows all about that...

I didn't listen to the whole video at first, but listened to a bit more of it, and he did say that, that only the "positive reviewers" got codes to review the game, and they pretty much positively review any game for clicks, and if you're someone who usually negatively reviews games, they likely didn't get a code.

So, it's like getting paid for a positive review, without actually getting paid from the publisher/developers.

Sneaky.

LegacyKillaHD? Meh, he's one of the biggest ourage-mongers on YT. People make money generating clicks from controversy and outrage, and he's one of the best examples of it. More power to the him and the people who enjoy it though.
I love your way of thinking and no, I'm not being sarcastic.

I'll be avoiding all spoilers for a few months so hope you guys playing it on Day 1 have fun with it

like this
Woke up late of course, but I'm a few hours into it now. Been great so far, as expected. It seems I was right about the some parts of the story already.

RIP Joel :(

PS_Messages_20200619_133047.jpg

Was a harsh death to watch, but could have been worse too, I guess.

I'm glad I cleaned out my Pro now and did that thermal paste, its been whisper quiet the whole time, not any louder than it is at first boot at least. So I def recommend that if yours if its loud like that person was complaining about in the article before.

Also, highly recommend playing with headphones. Playing with my Sony Gold Headset and the gunshots sound on point and almost hurt to hear, plus the surround emulation works great. I loaded the companion app for the headset and it had a preset for Uncharted 4 that I'm using and it sounds great for this game too.

Last edited:
I just got home with a physical copy, and it's currently installing. Haven't seen a game with two discs since the PS1 days. It's kind nostalgic.

like this
guess we'll start seeing real reviews soon, see if its worth pickin up...
you guys excited for joels(neil's) tranny sex scene?!

Last edited:
Woke up late of course, but I'm a few hours into it now. Been great so far, as expected. It seems I was right about the some parts of the story already.

RIP Joel :(

View attachment 254827

Was a harsh death to watch, but could have been worse too, I guess.

I'm glad I cleaned out my Pro now and did that thermal paste, its been whisper quiet the whole time, not any louder than it is at first boot at least. So I def recommend that if yours if its loud like that person was complaining about in the article before.

Also, highly recommend playing with headphones. Playing with my Sony Gold Headset and the gunshots sound on point and almost hurt to hear, plus the surround emulation works great. I loaded the companion app for the headset and it had a preset for Uncharted 4 that I'm using and it sounds great for this game too.
I just got home with a physical copy, and it's currently installing. Haven't seen a game with two discs since the PS1 days. It's kind nostalgic.
RDR2 was also 2 disc. Fucker took almost an hour to install.

lol no wonder some people can't stand this game, Dina's
a Jew and you even walk into a synagogue. THE HORROR, THE HORROR lmfao.

GG Neil Druckmann, the master of triggering

Ordered on Amazon so I have to wait until Tuesday, apparently. :\ Except Amazon currently says if you order now, you can get the game tomorrow. The fuck?

metacritic user reviews are not kind - curious what others will think here.

3.4 user review bombs on Metacritic, so fucking predictable. I called this weeks ago, I knew it would be the next dog pile for alt right gamers

edit: And FWIW, I'm a few hours in and what I've played so far is a masterpiece. Just like with TLoU, I love that the writing and storytelling is subtle and does not spoonfeed ANYTHING to the player. Some of it's told through your typical dialogue moments in cutscenes, some of it's just through facial expressions, and some of it's mid-gameplay contextual stuff. And on a technical level, my jaw hit the floor numerous times. I haven't played Uncharted 4 but I gather this is very much on the same overall level as that, maybe with even better animation (like the motion matching tech for example.)

Last edited:
maybe its is actually garbage and your fake rage about the "evil alt-right" is unwarranted. do you really believe that its a perfect 10/10 from every site that got a review copy?

Nice job adding the word "evil" which I didn't use. I know this is where we have to keep in mind "opinions are like assholes" but this is one of those times where calling a game like this garbage is so fucking out of left field it's patently insane. But go ahead and jump on that bandwagon because the outrage soothes you

edit: to clarify a bit more, this game is basically a recipe for controversy:
1) The next big AAA release in a drought of big releases
2) It's PS4 exclusive so there's a lot of resentment (intentional or otherwise) from people who have interest but know they can't play it (saw this a looot with TLoU 1)
3) The story takes turns that will absolutely prompt knee-jerk reaction (NOT saying all reactions will be "wrong", but they 100% will be knee-jerk spur of the moment feelings)
4) It has the gays and the transes and the Jews so the alt right will jerk off to getting mad about that stuff (but of course the vast majority of them are too cowardly to come out and say it and instead say it's because of "gameplay reasons". Credit to some like UltraTaco who at least come out and say it)

Last edited:
maybe its is actually garbage and your fake rage about the "evil alt-right" is unwarranted. do you really believe that its a perfect 10/10 from every site that got a review copy?

I'm only 6.5 hours into it and would rate it the same as the first game, so take that as you will. It would be a 9.5 at least for me at least so far. Gameplay is considerably improved so far with the additional abilities and equipment alone. If you want to shit on the story, fine, but the game play, sound design, and production values are stellar by any metric.

Back