Last of Us: Part II officially revealed

Colonel Sanders

Supreme [H]ardness
Okay, lads, from the back end, when abby(apey?) is turned away from camera, it looks like a pumped male(actually turns taco on), but when it looks into a camera, it's a constipated teenager male. You just can't swivel out of that fact.

It's an ape. Whoever made it, should've been fired if this wasn't any intent to make it look transgender.
You're hilarious :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Colonel Sanders

Supreme [H]ardness
For those who don't know, there's a really slick guitar playing "mini game" in TLoU 2 (mini game is really not the right word, but I dunno how else I would describe it). Here's someone doing some cool stuff with it:

Reactions: T4rd
like this

M76

[H]F Junkie
when I first saw her I did think she looked very masculine and very muscular for a female..
That's where we have to disagree. Muscular and masculine are not the same, and not tied to each other. Some women look masculine without any noticeable muscle. And some women are extremely girly despite being massively muscular.

M76

[H]F Junkie
Okay, lads, from the back end, when abby(apey?) is turned away from camera, it looks like a pumped male(actually turns taco on), but when it looks into a camera, it's a constipated teenager male. You just can't swivel out of that fact.

It's an ape. Whoever made it, should've been fired if this wasn't any intent to make it look transgender.
If this is what a male teenager ape looks like then I'm gay for apes. Those lashes are especially masculine, and the small mouth / ears, and the short chin are also very masculine features...:rolleyes:

The Last of Us™ Part II_20200621225422.jpg The Last of Us™ Part II_20200621225603.jpg

And to further spite the haters (apers?), I think visible veins on a woman's arm are hot.

polonyc2

Fully [H]
That's where we have to disagree. Muscular and masculine are not the same, and not tied to each other. Some women look masculine without any noticeable muscle. And some women are extremely girly despite being massively muscular.
muscular and masculine are related...just because you see a small percentage of muscular women doesn't make it commonplace...I don't care either way as far as playing the game but it is what it is...at a quick glance most people would probably think it's a guy

Colonel Sanders

Supreme [H]ardness
muscular and masculine are related...just because you see a small percentage of muscular women doesn't make it commonplace...I don't care either way as far as playing the game but it is what it is...at a quick glance most people would probably think it's a guy
Just curious, you seemed to be pretty excited to play this game a few weeks ago, now I pick up vibes that you're really hating on this game. What went wrong?

polonyc2

Fully [H]
Just curious, you seemed to be pretty excited to play this game a few weeks ago, now I pick up vibes that you're really hating on this game. What went wrong?
I'm still just as excited but I think I mentioned that I sold my PS4 so now I'm going to wait for the PS5 before playing this...no point buying a PS4 now when the PS5 is 5 months out...I'm not hating at all...I'm sure I'm going to love the game...I don't care if the girl looks like a guy or is transgender etc

M76

[H]F Junkie
muscular and masculine are related...just because you see a small percentage of muscular women doesn't make it commonplace...
Not really, no. I don't know how you didn't notice this before but most men aren't very muscular either. Most of us come in many forms: thin, fat, weak, tall, short, and yes some muscular. But the men who are muscular also have to work for it, it doesn't just happen, so there is no difference there.

Especially now with how popular sports like crossfit has become among women, I don't think there will be a huge difference between the percentage of ripped men and women in the future.
I don't care either way as far as playing the game but it is what it is...at a quick glance most people would probably think it's a guy
Yes, because the stereotype that muscular = can only be a man is still alive and well. I can't wait for it to die.

polonyc2

Fully [H]
Yes, because the stereotype that muscular = can only be a man is still alive and well. I can't wait for it to die.
you're focusing too much on the muscle aspect...it's also the face and the fact that she didn't have the typical female curves...some people just look more masculine then feminine...a good example is a female wrestler from back in the day named Nicole Bass...look her up online if you don't know who she is or what she looks like

M76

[H]F Junkie
you're focusing too much on the muscle aspect...it's also the face and the fact that she didn't have the typical female curves...some people just look more masculine then feminine...a good example is a female wrestler from back in the day named Nicole Bass...look her up online if you don't know who she is or what she looks like
You said just in the previous post that muscular and masculine are related. I've been trying to shift focus away from it all along.
You are proving my point: being masculine has nothing to do with how muscular someone is, it has to do with inherent genetic features and how someone carries themselves and acts.

i agree that in most scenes Abby is not acting very feminine, probably deliberately. But when I look at the pictures I've just posted, I see zero masculinity. Can we leave it at that, please?

UltraTaco

Limp Gawd
Colonel Sanders or M76 !? Taco would like a word with you.

I dont remember who, but one of you said there's no hint of LGBT-ism in this game, no hint actually you said.

What happens during yara and abby conversation in the aquarium when the "boy" ran and hid somewhere? It's a she, isn't it? 🙄

So okay, ellie and dina are lesbians. Yes, dina too because she's kissing ellie. Abby is modeled into a man body and now this?! A boy who's a girl, but decides to associate with male gender?

I am sorry, but how is this not pushing LGBT agenda? If this isn't, then I don't know what is.

Taco is not even done with the story yet...
Taco is shaking her heads right now.

Colonel Sanders

Supreme [H]ardness

I dont remember who, but one of you said there's no hint of LGBT-ism in this game, no hint actually you said.

What happens during yara and abby conversation in the aquarium when the "boy" ran and hid somewhere? It's a she, isn't it? 🙄

So okay, ellie and dina are lesbians. Yes, dina too because she's kissing ellie. Abby is modeled into a man body and now this?! A boy who's a girl, but decides to associate with male gender?

I am sorry, but how is this not pushing LGBT agenda? If this isn't, then I don't know what is.

I know it sucks really, really bad but gay and trans and women of various physical traits exist in the world. Sometimes they bleed through into our safe spaces, as much as we might pray to the Lord Jeebus that they don't

Reactions: T4rd
like this

vegeta535

Supreme [H]ardness

I don't see it is as a agenda. In the first one it was hinted that Ellie is gay. Idc about all that. Just finished it and was fucking great.

UltraTaco

Limp Gawd
Just finished watching it too. I mean I get it, with all this insecurities and safe places, you have to please the minority and all that. Towards the end, how they were caressing each other in the house and trying to make this husband and wife flirty scene. That was quite disappointing. I actually had to fast forward. Yeah, it's screaming: "look! Lesbian families are okay, look!! Just like normal people!"

Here's my take on the story, apart from all this LGBTQtivity. You know when you have sex and before the orgasm, he pulls out? Just calm, disappointing feeling? That's what it felt like. Textbook proper for movies, but somehow leaves you empty at the end, sailing with the waves in a boat......

And then:

open-uri20151015-25777-uvr19.jpg

BAM!

M76

[H]F Junkie

What I've said is that there is no agenda pushing in the game. The mere existence of a gay couple is not agenda pushing. It becomes agenda pushing when the writers stuff words in the character's mouths to send messages.
The only thing that can be attributed as a message is the old guy who represents the bigot in the dance scene. But I don't think that was an unrealistic representation either, it felt natural I could easily imagine this happening in some backwoods country club in real life.

I know I'm always using it as an example, but Chimera Squad fits the agenda pushing glove perfectly. I mean the only representation of white males in that game is as a picture on the wall on some levels depicting some fat slob billionaire.
And all of the characters are constantly spouting woke jokes, and "their" ideas about male/female relationships. "Their" being between quotation marks because it is clear as day that those were the writers own views and absolutely feel out of place in the game world and just pure cringe.
I actually thought Lev was a boy, so they really did a bad job at pushing the agenda if that was their goal. The only reference I remember that might have suggested that he was trans that they said he was to be given as a wife to an elder. I actually assumed they were assigning boys to the old religious farts, as the real catholic church seemed to dabble in that thing as well. I never had second thoughts about it and the game never mentions anything concrete that I could remember. Either way he could've been trans, but it didn't matter because it was all seamless, nothing cried agenda about it.

So okay, ellie and dina are lesbians. Yes, dina too because she's kissing ellie.
So what, the mere existence of lesbians is not an agenda, they exist IRL whether you like it or not. I admit that it disappoints me when a hot chick turns out to be a lesbian, because it means I can pack it in and move on.
But ducking my head in the sand and pretending they don't exist is not going to change that. And thinking that their mere existence in a game is an agenda is the height of intolerance.

Abby is modeled into a man body and now this?!
Somehow I feel that you still assume I'm just making excuses for the game. But let me be absolutely clear on this: I do love girls with muscles, it's not an excuse.
Abby being modeled as is in this game, is the best thing that could've happened. Until now, I always had to resort to mods in games, this is the first time that a female character is muscular enough for my taste, and I'm really grateful to ND for that.

I've heard the insult "it's a girl with a man's body" and much worse a thousand times over, repeating the same thing over and over again won't make it any truer.

A boy who's a girl, but decides to associate with male gender?

Unless you believe their mere existence is an agenda, there is no agenda. As I mentioned an agenda is when the writers use in-game characters as megaphones for their own views. It doesn't belong. Every conversation I saw in TLOU2 felt real and believable.

Last edited:

UltraTaco

Limp Gawd
Dear M76 Sir,

If they pushed it harder and it was ultra noticable, then they probably would get twice the hell they're getting. They're a talented group, smooth and seamless they know how to do.

If you like muscular women, that's fine I guess. I'm puzzled why they made her like that though.

Anyways, taco sees this as a rotary argument. We will both find supportive points for both sides of the table. Unfortunately, this kind of conversation will bring the worst in taco, so I shall put a tombstone over it.

I must say, I've never seen a game turn me off for every character. I don't find any of them likable at this point, hell I don't think i want to play anything at this point. Talk about powerful...

Let there be peace.
Let there be light.
Run from the darkness.
May she guide you.
Sacrifice.
Fascinating.

M76

[H]F Junkie
Dear M76 Sir,

If they pushed it harder and it was ultra noticable, then they probably would get twice the hell they're getting. They're a talented group, smooth and seamless they know how to do.
Sure and 2+2 = 4
There was more agenda in Uncharted the Lost Legacy. Did that get thrashed? No. I wonder why is that. Is it because there weren't massive leaks for that revealing that the main male character dies ?

I'm puzzled why they made her like that though.
What I find ironic is that the same people who are now up in arms about her being muscular are mostly the same people who always complain about smaller women beating up men in games.
Heck I already heard that levied against Ellie as criticism to this very game. So really there is no pleasing some people, unless they completely exclude everything but the stereotypical 80s male hero archetype.
I'd bet anything that if they had a man with a bodybuilder's physique in the game none of these people would be making fun of it, or mention where he got his steroids after the apocalypse.

Anyways, taco sees this as a rotary argument. We will both find supportive points for both sides of the table
It is included in one game, and people act as if it is the end of the world, when it was already obvious in the first game's DLC that Ellie might be a lesbian. Once a game does not pander to your specific sensibilities, and it's the devil reincarnate with an agenda.

I must say, I've never seen a game turn me off for every character. I don't find any of them likable at this point, hell I don't think i want to play anything at this point. Talk about powerful...
And I've never seen a game before, that would've had such a profound effect on me that one week after finishing it I'm still under its spell, and struggling to get into any movie/game ever since. As everything feels flat and boring comparatively.
The closest thing was finishing Mass Effect 1, but that lasted for about a day before moving on.

M76

[H]F Junkie
I've noticed most of these, but there are some I didn't know, like teeth getting knocked out, or using enemies as shields against clickers.
The most insane detail to me is that people's muscles flex in accordance with specific movements.

I'll let my girl demonstrate :D

Untitled.jpg

UltraTaco

Limp Gawd
Be strong, M76!! We're all in this together.

Y'know what I'd kill to see in the next tlou? How this pandemic started out and events that followed.

M76

[H]F Junkie
So not as if I ever doubted it, but Abby's physique is not actually based on a man. She was the body model:

colleenfotsch - B7Ztz2JgqW0_B7Ztz0Ighe4.jpg

1179957.png

M76

[H]F Junkie
Just let them have their "akkkkshually I'd give her a 2 out of 10 would not bang" moment
Oww, they can have that. I have no problem with people having in my opinion bad taste :D I see plenty of that in the babe thread in genmay, but somehow I never felt the need to make any nasty comments.

Last edited:

Domingo

Fully [H]
Damn this game is long. I mean that in the best way possible, too. I'm almost 30 hours in and I'm still not done. I feel like I'm pretty close at this point (village), but I'm honestly shocked at the length of the game and how diverse the various areas are. There are definitely some areas that feel sparse and a little like filler, but they're only maybe 10% of the game. They're mostly "this should have been a cutscene instead of gameplay" moments FWIW. For a linear, non-RPG, this is one of the longer games I've ever played.

scojer

Supreme [H]ardness
Damn this game is long. I mean that in the best way possible, too. I'm almost 30 hours in and I'm still not done. I feel like I'm pretty close at this point (village), but I'm honestly shocked at the length of the game and how diverse the various areas are. There are definitely some areas that feel sparse and a little like filler, but they're only maybe 10% of the game. They're mostly "this should have been a cutscene instead of gameplay" moments FWIW. For a linear, non-RPG, this is one of the longer games I've ever played.
I JUST fell into a hole with Nora in the hospital, and there were spores down there, so I'm assuming she's going to become a runner,
then I had to come to work.

You're farther than I am, but you're right, this game is long and definitely has a lot of areas that keep it interesting, and it feels like quite a journey. I'm eager to keep going, stupid adult life.

T4rd

Fully [H]
I JUST fell into a hole with Nora in the hospital, and there were spores down there, so I'm assuming she's going to become a runner,
then I had to come to work.

You're farther than I am, but you're right, this game is long and definitely has a lot of areas that keep it interesting, and it feels like quite a journey. I'm eager to keep going, stupid adult life.
Lol, you're not even halfway through the game still.

It's crazy when you really think you're at the end of the game too.. and then it goes on for another couple hours at least. I loved the whole ride though and now my wife is too watching me replay through Newgame+.

Domingo

Fully [H]
I thought I was pretty close to the end on Friday, but there were several pretty long sequences that popped up unexpectedly. Every time I think things are about to circle back around to "that moment," something else zany happens. The timeline is narrowing and I have gotten a couple achievements for discovering all of something, so I can't be that far. Yet there are at least two moments in the TV commercial that I haven't encountered. I haven't gotten all of the weapons and I haven't found all of the workbenches, either.

Once I do win the game, I'm tempted to just immediately play through it again. As I get further, I feel like I'm learning some different approaches that I wish I tried earlier. Especially with the improvised weapons.

scojer

Supreme [H]ardness
I thought I was pretty close to the end on Friday, but there were several pretty long sequences that popped up unexpectedly. Every time I think things are about to circle back around to "that moment," something else zany happens. The timeline is narrowing and I have gotten a couple achievements for discovering all of something, so I can't be that far. Yet there are at least two moments in the TV commercial that I haven't encountered. I haven't gotten all of the weapons and I haven't found all of the workbenches, either.

Once I do win the game, I'm tempted to just immediately play through it again. As I get further, I feel like I'm learning some different approaches that I wish I tried earlier. Especially with the improvised weapons.
I'm going to replay it, I like to explore, but I explore where the game wants me to go and it blocks me from backtracking, so I miss looking at some areas and it drives me crazy.

M76

[H]F Junkie
Hell, even I'm thinking doing an NG+. I was never a fan of that. But on the first go I was 100% immersed in the narrative, when it made sense to hurry I hurried regardless of knowing it doesn't matter to the game. So I probably missed a lot of secrets. But also found some things that I usually miss in other games. Like the record shop on the first day of seattle. Or the bull in the china shop moment also on day 1 with Abby.

Domingo

Fully [H]
I've been pretty diligent with saving (or using the "restart encounter") functionality so I don't miss anything major. A general rule is that there's no such thing as a locked door you can't open. There are a couple pretty obvious exceptions later, but I don't think there is a single locked door you can't bypass with Ellie. Most of the time you're just missing out on vitamins, spare parts, ammo, collectibles, or notes so it's no big deal. There's a whole section of apartments near the hospital that you can totally bypass if you aren't paying attention, though. Those had a couple good items, too.

If/when I make a NG+ run, I'll probably try to get all of the collectibles. I've obviously missed a few along the way...but probably not many. No more then 10-15%, although there are a shitload of them in this game. At least a couple were tossed in some obscure corners, too.

scojer

Supreme [H]ardness
I've been pretty diligent with saving (or using the "restart encounter") functionality so I don't miss anything major. A general rule is that there's no such thing as a locked door you can't open. There are a couple pretty obvious exceptions later, but I don't think there is a single locked door you can't bypass with Ellie. Most of the time you're just missing out on vitamins, spare parts, ammo, collectibles, or notes so it's no big deal. There's a whole section of apartments near the hospital that you can totally bypass if you aren't paying attention, though. Those had a couple good items, too.

If/when I make a NG+ run, I'll probably try to get all of the collectibles. I've obviously missed a few along the way...but probably not many. No more then 10-15%, although there are a shitload of them in this game. At least a couple were tossed in some obscure corners, too.
I need to manually save more often, I just do it when I quit playing. I'm just so wrapped up in playing I forget to pause it and save, lol.

M76

[H]F Junkie
I need to manually save more often, I just do it when I quit playing. I'm just so wrapped up in playing I forget to pause it and save, lol.
It seemed to me that manual save is not actually manual save. When you create a manual save and load it later you're just put to the last checkpoint before that. But checkpoints are extremely close together. Almost at every corner. I never had the problem of having to beat a segment I already beat because I died later.