Last Gen Games - Max IQ and Perf on Today's GPUs Pt. 2

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Last Gen Games - Max IQ and Perf on Today's GPUs Pt. 2

It is time once again to play some older PC games on the latest GPUs of today using the latest drivers. We pull from three 5-year-old games and one 8-year-old game today and see if we can maximize the IQ settings in those games at 1440p and 4K. The theme of the day: Older games that still hold up today in terms of IQ.

If you like our content, please support HardOCP on Patreon.

I have a ton of older games and they are all fantastic at 1440p on a Radeon 580x... Good review there...

Crysis still puts many new titles to shame, even new games on the Crytek engine were inferior imo. The level of destructibility of vegetation and structures is still un-rivaled today, at least from the titles I've played. Install a HD texture pack and nothing comes close...

Crysis still puts many new titles to shame, even new games on the Crytek engine were inferior imo. The level of destructibility of vegetation and structures is still un-rivaled today, at least from the titles I've played. Install a HD texture pack and nothing comes close...

You mean the original Crysis, right? The one that if you do not run the 64 bit executable, it will not run or will crash in any 64 bit version of Windows? Yes, I agree with what you are saying but, it is hard to get it to run or perform in a stable manner sometimes.

You should check out their latest engine they use in Hunt Showdown. It is beyond beautiful. It is crazy how realistic it looks.

Back